Jumplinks

Mike Rockett

Update on Jumplinks 2:

I’ve been working on a few things to move everything over to a more modern JS code-base. You can learn more about that here: https://github.com/rockettpw/jumplinks/issues/14#issuecomment-353781768

Still lots of work to do on both the front and back ends, but I’ll get there.

@jannisl Sorry for the delay, somehow missed your post. Jumplinks automatically trims out index.php from requests as PW doesn’t supprt them. Not sure why it’s not working for you though. Could you turn on debug mode (in Jumplinks’ config) and let me know what happens when you navigate to index.php/something?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

Ive setup a redirect using jump links but my redirect url is adding ?it=redirectpagename any ideas how to stop this? This only happens when i view the redirect without a / at the end

Cheers

Jon

On 2/15/2018 at 1:12 PM, Jon said:

Hello All,

Ive setup a redirect using jump links but my redirect url is adding ?it=redirectpagename any ideas how to stop this? This only happens when i view the redirect without a / at the end

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon - not sure why that’s happening there… Is this for all the redirects? Is your site at the root of the domain? What version of PW are you running? 

Hello Mike,

I dont believed its jumplinks related as  disabled it and tried a .htaccess redirect and received the same result. Site is root and using latest dev version  3.0.92

Any ideas it that case? 

Jon

I’ve seen it once or twice before, and also recall that something else was going on. Sometimes it’s due to an apache misconfiguration with the virtual host (happened to me often on my old local development machine, before my PW days), and other times it’s module related. So I think you should explore those (disable one by one to see what happens) and make everything is “a-okay”. Failing which, someone else might need to chime in and assist.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cst989 said:

This is a great module, thank you! Looking forward to v2. My only addition  request would be to forcibly override existing page URLs that do resolve.

And my worry is that it won’t be coming out any time soon – new schedule ‘n all. Going to try look into this again some time within the next two months, which is pretty much the earliest I can do.

Regarding your suggestion: why would you want to redirect away from something that exists? If you can provide a good use-case for it, I’ll be happy to consider it and add it to the good ol’ to-do.

I have a use case, I wouldn't say it's necessarily "good" :P  A client asked me to link one item in a list of siblings to another site. They didn't want to scrap the content, they wanted the title and intro to remain on the listing page, they just wanted to redirect instead of going through to the detail page. That meant I couldn't just put a redirect in the template, instead I added them a new field. An easy fix of course, I just couldn't figure out at first why jumplinks wasn't working for my purpose til I saw a post further up this page.

Now, as I've just seen your roadmap, I will happily rescind my request anyway as I see you've got a long list of plans already!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I see that another request has come in for resolvable pages to redirect. I can see this adding a little bit of overhead (FastRoute or no), so if I do implement it, it'll probably need to go behind a configuration option that's turned off by default... Haven't devved in PW for a while now, but I'm sure there's a nifty way to get it working (I hook-change based on the config should be good enough).

That aside, I'm looking to continue work on this in about two to three weeks. I'll need to bring it over from my old dev environment on Windows/WSL to my MacBook, which has made development a breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to setup a a redirect for all files and children-directories of a directory

example: 
/old-dir/
/old-dir/child-a/
/old-dir/child-b/
/old-dir/child-b/test.jpg

they all should be redirected to /new/

can this be achieved by just one rule? something like /old-dir/* > /new/

@ngrmm - if you're wanting to redirect /old-dir/* to /new/*, then you can use the following:

Source: old-dir/{all}
Destination: new/{all}

{all} is a smart wildcard (https://rockett.pw/jumplinks/smart-wildcards) that equates to {all:all}, which matches anything and everything, until another wildcard or marker.

So, /old-dir/child-a/ will be redirected to /new/child-a/.

If you need the path after /new/ to be omitted, then just use new/ as the destination, and then /old-dir/child-a/ will redirect to /new/.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I am receiving an error on 404 page when I start using jumplinks

Warning: get_headers(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/mysite.com/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/ProcessJumplinks/ProcessJumplinks.module.php on line 452

Warning: get_headers(http://mysite.comapple-touch-icon-precomposed.png): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/mysite.com/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/ProcessJumplinks/ProcessJumplinks.module.php on line 452

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mike Rockett said:

@rareyush Thanks — trying to find time to look into this, but have been very busy lately. The only thing I can think of is that your network or ISP is somehow disallowing access to that domain... But that’s just me thinking off the bat.

I can access the domain and all the pages easily it's just 404 pages show that error

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I try to move an old website to PW. The old links look like this:
/index.php?reference=kunststoff&object=1
/index.php?flyer=h6verputzt&object=1
/index.php?article-group=a&article-number=101.030
and so on...not very consistent.

The target page could be something like this: /reference/kunstoff1

As feared, jumplinks redirects /index.php?reference=kunststoff&object=1 directly to the homesite. I found the following solution in the forum. But with those changes, i got a Internal Server Error.

On 10/20/2016 at 4:25 PM, Mike Rockett said:

These kinds of redirects become somewhat tricky as requesting index.php is the same as requesting the root of the site. I have worked around this, but it would still be better to do this via an htaccess redirect. Unfortunately, it would be mean two redirects as you are using a mapping collection.

Just after line 129 of your htaccess file (part 13, regarding "www"), add the following:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^\/index\.php [NC]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^id=(\d+) [NC]
RewriteRule ^ /index_php/%1? [R,L]

This will redirect, for example, /index.php?id=321 to /index_php/321.

Now, change your jumplink source to /index_php/{id}.

Any ideas to solve this problem?