Jumplinks

Mike Rockett

Hi Guys, 

For some reason I cannot get JumpLinks 404 monitor to work, everything else is working and the CMS notifications show 404's but JumpLinks is not displaying the list of received 404's

Anyone have an idea why this could be? 

I am running PW 2.6.1

Interesting... I just tested on 2.6.17 (one of my local testing installs) and it really isn't logging 404s... Let me have a quick look.

I have found the issue. If there are no Jumplinks registered scanAndRedirect simply returns false, which lands up skipping the process of logging the request.

I have now fixed the issue both on master and dev. Will get Module Directory to see the update shortly.

Thanks for the heads-up!

@Mike Rockett, 

After updating, I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''alphanum'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ')' in /modules/ProcessJumplinks/ProcessJumplinks.module on line 92

Sorry about that - accidential input appeared on that line when attempting a grep. Issue has been resolved - please replace Jumplinks.module with the one from Github.

• Like 1

Have just bumped the dev branch up to 1.3.4, bringing several important updates to be merged with master soon.

Firstly, and most importantly: In light of PW 2.7 being around the corner, the minimum PW version requirement is now 2.6.1. This allows the use of 2.6 goodies that were not used before. Mainly, Jumplinks now uses ModuleConfig.

Next, the Entity Editor (the name used for the jumplinks editor page) is now working as expected. PageListSelect and PageAutocomplete are now syncing correctly. This is really just a visual gimmick for the purposes of consistency. The editor now looks much cleaner, and easier to use.

post-2289-0-72635100-1444321983_thumb.pn

post-2289-0-99146600-1444321988_thumb.pn

Few other changes to note:

• Table font size has been increased a notch.
  • Destination column now has page title and full path hint for jumplinks that reference existing pages.
  • Table footer has been removed - I don't think this was very informative, and thus not needed.

Please note that I have not tested everything extensively as yet - this will be done soon. As such, don't use this branch on a production site until merged with master.

Once merged, I'll bump the version up to 1.5, considering the major changes/departures compared to the current 1.3.x.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Is JumpLinks activated when a page is accessed via $pages->get($url)?

I have some code calling a page using $pages->get() and the "old" url. The get() is returning a null page. The jumplink works if I access the page with the "old" URL in the browser address bar.

Any advice appreciated! :)

Many thanks.

Hi there,

Is JumpLinks activated when a page is accessed via $pages->get($url)?

I have some code calling a page using $pages->get() and the "old" url. The get() is returning a null page. The jumplink works if I access the page with the "old" URL in the browser address bar.

Any advice appreciated! :)

Many thanks.

Hi Gazley,

No, it only hooks to ProcessWire's 404 event, which fires only on HTTP requests that do not resolve to a Page.

Were the old URIs from another CMS, or did you move pages around in an existing PW installation?

Edited by Mike Rockett
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am using Jumplinks for one of my clients. We have set up a number of redirects to monitor several campaigns we have in place. For instance, we have links like this:

http://website.com/bioh

that redirect to actual pages in the site:

http://website.com/biohealth/

The original link is being used in Google AdWords. AdWords is adding a Google Click Identifier (gclid) to the url, so when a user clicks on the link, it actually appears like this when they visit the site:

http://website.com/bioh?gclid=CPaHlL3_jckCFdc9gQod4xEB4g

The problem is that the link with the gclid parameter is returning a 404 error. Jumplinks doesn't appear to recognize when a parameter is appended to the url.

Is there a way to prevent this, or perhaps I didn't set something up correctly? Any advice is appreciated. I'm using Jumplinks 1.3.1 with ProcessWire 2.6.1.

It looks like setting up the Source URL with the additional code works. (It doesn't look like we need to add the additional code to the page url.)

Thank you for your quick response! Client is happy and has restored faith in PW and Jumplinks. :-)

• Like 1

I am using Jumplinks for one of my clients. We have set up a number of redirects to monitor several campaigns we have in place. For instance, we have links like this:

http://website.com/bioh

that redirect to actual pages in the site:

http://website.com/biohealth/

The original link is being used in Google AdWords. AdWords is adding a Google Click Identifier (gclid) to the url, so when a user clicks on the link, it actually appears like this when they visit the site:

http://website.com/bioh?gclid=CPaHlL3_jckCFdc9gQod4xEB4g

The problem is that the link with the gclid parameter is returning a 404 error. Jumplinks doesn't appear to recognize when a parameter is appended to the url.

Is there a way to prevent this, or perhaps I didn't set something up correctly? Any advice is appreciated. I'm using Jumplinks 1.3.1 with ProcessWire 2.6.1.

Just as a follow-up on this:

In a private discussion with Jeff last month, I noted that this scenario will be accomodated in the next version. However, if there are more Jumplinks users bumping into this issue, then I would want to make it part of 1.5.

In the discussion, I mentioned there would either be a checkbox in the entity editor that allows you to make query strings optional, or that we could use square parenthises to mark them as optional, like this: bioh[?gclid={token:any}].

After a little thought on the matter, I think it may be better to use the checkbox approach for query strings. However, I think the behaviour should be somewhat different in that it would let you choose to "ignore the query string in source" and, if that is selected, "append original query string to destination".

Thoughts?

In light of the square parenthises idea, I also have plans to make parameters optional, like so: {?title}

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Mike

Thanks for jumplinks. You did a great job. I like it.

I have some small remarks/ questions

• Why isn't it listet in PW Modules?
  • Why doesn't it have its own support board in PW Forum. ProcessRedirect is another Module. I think its better to have one support board for each module, even if they are related.
  • I would like to have an option to clear the 'HITS'.
EDIT

Just found it in the directory and even the support board: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8697-jumplinks/

It isn't listet if I select modules by Modulauthor mikerockett

mikerockett or mike-rockett (better to merge)

I strongly recommend to unravel Support Board for ProcessJumplinks and ProcessRedirect. Maybe this post could be moved to Jumplinks Support Board too. (Hello Pete?)

Hi kixe,

Hehe, glad you found it. :)

I would like to have an option to clear the 'HITS'.

> I will be adding that option to v1.5.

It isn't listet if I select modules by Modulauthor mikerockett

mikerockett or mike-rockett (better to merge)

> Thanks for picking that up - not sure why that happened. Hoping an admin can pop in and assist with that...

:)

Thanks for picking that up - not sure why that happened. Hoping an admin can pop in and assist with that...

Hey Mike - looks like you have a lot of aliases in the modules directory. Are all these you? What do you want them all merged to?

post-985-0-08929700-1448565052_thumb.png

Hey Mike - looks like you have a lot of aliases in the modules directory. Are all these you? What do you want them all merged to?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-11-27 at 5.09.24 AM.png

Hey Adrian - yes, please. I guess they should all be merged into the third one, which equates to the named version of my profile display name. Or, even better, they should actually be merged to my GitHub username, which is the last one. That possible?

Thanks.

(Oh, and I'm not sure about the first one - I may have tried to change my display name to just mike at one point, but didn't think it would affect the modules directory...)

• 2 weeks later...

Dev branch updated to 1.3.6 adding support for clearing jumplink hits on an individual basis by means of a new checkbox in the jumplink editor.

post-2289-0-34577200-1449582200_thumb.pn

Note that this only clears the counter. The date of the last hit will always be stored.

Everything is looking good at this point. Hoping to push to 1.5 stable in about a week or so - please let me know if you've noticed any issues before I do that.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to implement Jumplinks on a new site but not sure what is happening, the 404 template is not even being fired. I dont think this is a bug with Jumplinks or ProcessWire to be honest, but wondering if any light could be shed on this.

If I go to /example.php, I get a page which just says 'File not found.' and nothing else. If I go to /example then the 404 template is fired. I have setup Jumplinks to try and change /example.php to go to /new-example but it is not kicking in.

Server configuration do you think?

How did you add the rule for redirecting example.php, with the leading slash?

From the description:

Enter a URI that's relative to the root of this installation, without the leading slash.

@Mike Rockett

Just used this module for the first time, it's great!! Thanks for your work :)

Cheers