Please help: Can't save profiles ("Profile not saved")

hellomoto

I have a page field "office" that should appear only on users with the role "broker". So, I put under Visibility for the field, Show this field only if roles*=1075. It doesn't show without the asterisk. But when I try to update a user with an office selected, I get error message up top: "Profile not saved". Anyone know why?

Update: See replies #5 and 6

• Like 1

If it's only for one role try removing the asterisk for an exact match.

Might not be that easy but fingers crossed!

Ah, erm... Not sure on that one. Are you sure you filled out required fields? Any other custom fields?

Yeah. It was working the last field I added too (phone, had a number saved). It won't save any profile for any user with any role. What the hell did I do... I've only been messing with the frontend...

And like I said, without the asterisk the field wouldn't show, period. 

But now I have even bigger problems.

Actually I don't know if it was working then, when I added the phone field; I added that value to another user's profile from the admin by editing the other user. However as superadmin I can't even save my own damn profile, without editing myself (/access/users/edit/?id=xx works, /profile/ does not).

I have no idea where or when this happened or why. No errors are logged. Profiles just won't save. That's it. No rhyme or reason. There's no reason they shouldn't be saving.

So I added the office field back to the user template, since that's not the culprit. However I can't even edit that from the user edit screen, don't know why. I can edit the phone number and full name fields I added. Not this page field though. Doesn't show. Shows in my own uneditable profile edit screen (changed the selector to !=37 which is guest so the field is visible for all internal users) (also shows in the broker's uneditable profile edit screen; I have them both up side by side). 

I need to be able to edit profiles via profile screen and also need to be able to edit users' "office" value as superadmin or user admin...