Not helpful error messages

seddass

Hello,

I have received many emails with same error message and I am wandering how to change the code to get more meaningful errors. Hope someone know what could to be the reason for that exception or how to render more details in that exception. Аny help is greatly appreciated. Below is the error:

Unknown User:/?/:ProcessWire Error:Exception:
SELECT id, class, flags, data FROM modules ORDER BY class (in /var/www/my-domain/www.my-domain.com/wire/core/Database.php line 72)

#0 /var/www/my-domain/www.my-domain.com/wire/core/Modules.php(142): Database->query('SELECT id, clas...')
#1 /var/www/my-domain/www.my-domain.com/wire/core/Modules.php(79): Modules->load('/var/www/my-dom...')
#2 /var/www/my-domain/www.my-domain.com/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(100): Modules->__construct('/var/www/my-dom...', '/var/www/my-dom...')
#3 /var/www/my-domain/www.my-domain.com/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(45): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config))
#4 /var/www/my-domain/www.my-domain.com/index.php(167): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config))
#5 {main}

You are right that's a terrible error message! :rolleyes: But, you shouldn't get this error message if you are running the latest PW. The latest PW will give you a better error message. However, I'm familiar with this particular error and it means that the database connection failed. Your database server was down or overloaded and PW couldn't connect to it. Since Modules are the first thing it tries to load, that query failed.