• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      So I have a form, once completed, will create new pages. All in all, this is eazy-peezy for me now. I guess I need a bit of guidance on how to actually structure the rest of my code.  I thought I could just write a function (_func.php) and pass the fields to the function and let it do its' thing. However, I am kinda hitting a road block when I do it this way. 
      I currently am passing first name, last name, city, state (options field), and making pages based on the first/last names. I guess where I run into some issues is I am trying to check to see if the "page" already exists, and if it does, throw out an error:
      In the home template:
      if(isset( $_POST['submit'])) { $firstName =Trim (stripslashes($_POST['firstname'])); $lastName = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['lastname'])); $fullName = $firstName . $lastName; $city = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['city'])); $state = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['state'])); $lowerCaseName = strtolower($fullName); $people = $pages->find("template=person"); foreach ($people as $person) { $checkFirstName = $person->first_name; $checkLastName = $person->last_name; $checkFullName = $checkFirstName . $checkLastName; if ($checkFullName === $lowerCaseName) { echo "<p>" . "This person has already created a page. Please choose a different name." . "</p>"; } else { echo "hey"; processNewPerson(need_to_pass_person_details_to_function); } } // end foreach In _func.php:
      function processNewPerson($list) { $u = new Page(); $u->template = "person"; $u->parent = wire('pages')->get("/people/"); $u->title = ; $u->first_name = ; $u->last_name = ; $u->state = ; $u->city = ; $u->save(); $u->setOutputFormatting(false); } I am a little unsure of how to actually pass all the information to the template, as well as if this is even the best approach to do this. Would it make more sense to do this in a class, or keep it the way it is?
    • By benbyf
      I always seem to get this warning on every new install of PW on my Ubuntu 14 box with Digital Ocean. The servers are usually based in the UK and I was wondering if I should be adding something other than the below in the config? Is there a UK based locale code? Quick Google didnt come up with much.
      Warning: your server locale is undefined and may cause issues. Please add this to /site/config.php file (adjust “en_US.UTF-8” as needed): setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');
      Added to the config file:
      setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');  
    • By mjut
      Hello!
      I am trying to get some extra css-file into my admin templates. I managed to modify my admin.php to this:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); echo "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" . $config->urls->templates . "css/admin.css'>"; By doing so, the css <link> is added to the very end of each parsed admin-html. (right AFTER the closing </body> tag.)
      That causes some trouble. e.g. the page tree is not displaying any more. Although, other pages are working - like the edit form of a page.
      My question: is there a correct way of adding my extra css to the admin area?
      Thanks for you help!
      Stephan

• By quickjeff
      Hi Guys,
      Right now, I am using parents as breadcrumbs but I have pages under a parent page just to keep things organized. The pages are called in other areas of the site. 
      I am trying to create user path history breadcrumbs.
      Meaning: If the user clicked a link to the page, it will show the path he took. Has anyone done this? Would love to see who has before I dive in.
      Thanks. 
    • By LukeCage
      Hi! I have a big problem with a client of mine. I have to do something that i don't do very often with processwire, and i'm very afraid that i'm not gonna able to do it. So i write to search some help from you experts.
      The website that i'm gonna create will have a database with infos about users. This users are not the actual registrered users, but possible users. I'll try my best to explain this. What i will have is a datasheet in the database with infos about all the users (name, surname, fiscal Code) that can register to the website. So during registration the website is confront with this database of people, and accept or not your registration to the website.
      Now. The problems are: the client need a page in the CMS to insert this people in the first place (Custom Admin Page?) in the database. I read what i need to create it, but i don't understand what i need to do next. What i need to do for reading and writing to the database, with data, directly from a custom admin page in processwire?
      The other thing is. I can do this control during registration? I Can extend fields in the user account?
      I'm completely in your hands.