adrian

Module
Migrator

285 posts in this topic

@MilenKo

Ok, just committed new versions of Migrator and also MigratorWordpress so be sure to update both. Comment dates now working and also fixed an issue with comment status from last commit.

I'll look into the comments/tags and homepage issue tomorrow - gotta run :)

2 people like this

No worries @adrian Anything I can help - shoot straight. Helping one is helping the rest so I am sure the gratefulness is to follow. Especially when it is supported with the latest versions etc.

2 people like this

@adrian it might worth to mention here, that my exported fiile could be messed up due to the several themes installed during the last 5-6 years of the site existence so if something does not work at 100% I would try to use another XML export to make sure it is working fine. Once you are ready with the latest version, I will proceed to test it with my export and another from demo WP.

@adrian not to be rushing you but do you have any updates on the Migrator to test?

Nevermind, I should have checked the GitHub before asking. I will test it and get back to you with the results. Thanks for the update.

Ok. I installed the migrator and tested the latest version of MigratorWordpress. Pushed the XML file that I sent you earlier and with 2 timeouts everything got imported. Here are the results:

1. Home page title has been changed to one of the imported (just the name changes, but the properties are OK so it is easy to fix by renaming the page back to Home).

2. Comments date is still imported improperly (PENDING: Comment #22 Posted 10 minutes ago by Maria appears in the comment edit field).

3. Tags page is created in the import parent page as a separate child, however there are no Tags child pages imported from the wordpress tags.

I will try later to import the pages with comments and approve them by applying the proper templates etc. so that I can check if on the frontend the date would change or would be the one shown  in the admin (10 minutes ago). Once I am done with the test, will report back.

Hi @MilenKo - sorry for the silence of late - too much going on here. I just pushed some changes I made earlier in the week that should fix the comment datetime issues.

When I get some more this week I'll take another look at the tags issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Heh, no worries at all @adrian It is perfectly clear that your efforts are put of a good will and you have definitely helped a lot already so no need to apologize for anything. I just saw that MigratorWordpress has been updated 7 days ago and thought I missed your update. Will test the import once I get back toy place tonight and let you know how it works. So far, the only "issue" I had with the importer are the comment dates as I am certain I did not tag the recipes properly and want to edit each one to achieve my new strategy. But hey, no rush at all, OK?

@adrian I have just ran the test again this morning using your latest update from GitHub and was super happy to find out that the posts import went OK and the comments time stamp is perfectly matching the original.

The rest (tags, fields etc.) are not imported, but as I mentioned earlier I do not mind fixing them myself as I need to do a lot of crap cleanup beyond the scope of this topic and not related to the module import.

So for now I am totally good to start my work and move the posts to their new home so THANK YOU! 

If you ever need me to test an import or else, I have my local copy set so I can always run it again and again.

For anyone dealing with a migration like mine, feel free to work on your PW Profile (appearance, functionality) then import the WP content to a newly created page of your choice. Once this is done all you have to do is to make sure that the fields in the imported pages are matching the ones in the template you are going to assign the posts to. In my case initially I have imported 600 cooking recipes but the original profile did not contain the comments module yet. So after the import and assigning the imported posts to the recipe template, I lost my comments. To make it work, all I had to do was to assign the comments field to my recipes template and only after that to start changing the imported pages one. Voila, I am now off the WP for good and the work continues.

@adrianI am coming back with a little issue/question for the importer. After finishing the process I noticed that there is a field called date where the importer adds the post publishing date. So do you know if I delete the field the proper timestamp of the post will be kept?

On 3/26/2017 at 2:11 PM, MilenKo said:

@adrianI am coming back with a little issue/question for the importer. After finishing the process I noticed that there is a field called date where the importer adds the post publishing date. So do you know if I delete the field the proper timestamp of the post will be kept?

When Migrator and MigratorWordpress were written, there was no system "published" field in Processwire. There is now, so I just pushed updates to both modules to support writing to that system field. Unfortunately untested at the moment (no time today), but hopefully will work as expected.

With that in place, you should be able to delete that "date" field if you wish and use the "published" field to get the same information.

Cheers,
Adrian

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ethfun
      I've created a Process Module, and its execute() function renders the HTML response to an AJAX request. The AJAX request is being made outside of the admin panel, and in all likelihood will be made by "guest" users.
      Within my ModuleName.info.json file, I have added these lines:
      "permission": "generate-thumbnails", "permissions": { "generate-thumbnails": "Generate Thumbnails" }, Then within the Admin panel, I gave guests access to run that module.
      Unless logged in, the response to the AJAX request is always the login form's HTML, rather than the HTML my execute() function creates.
      So two questions:
      Is it possible to give non-logged-in users the ability to run that function via the AJAX request, or Is there a better ProcessWire way to create HTML to use as an AJAX response? Thank you!
    • By Robin S
      I have had this module sitting in a 95% complete state for a while now and have finally made the push to get it out there. Thanks to @teppo for his Hanna Code Helper module which I referred to and borrowed from during development.
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/hanna-code-dialog/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/HannaCodeDialog
      HannaCodeDialog
      A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Provides a number of enhancements for working with Hanna Code tags in CKEditor. The main enhancement is that Hanna tags in a CKEditor field may be double-clicked to edit their attributes using core ProcessWire inputfields in a modal dialog.
      Requires the Hanna Code module.
      Installation
      Install the HannaCodeDialog module using any of the normal methods.
      For any CKEditor field where you want the "Insert Hanna tag" dropdown menu to appear in the CKEditor toolbar, visit the field settings and add "HannaDropdown" to the "CKEditor Toolbar" settings field.
      Module configuration
      Visit the module configuration screen to set any of the following:
      Exclude prefix: Hanna tags named with this prefix will not appear in the CKEditor toolbar dropdown menu for Hanna tag insertion. Exclude Hanna tags: Hanna tags selected here will not appear in the CKEditor toolbar dropdown menu for Hanna tag insertion. Background colour of tag widgets: you can customise the background colour used for Hanna tags in CKEditor if you like. Dialog width: in pixels Dialog height: in pixels Features
      Insert tag from toolbar dropdown menu
      Place the cursor in the CKEditor window where you want to insert your Hanna tag, then select the tag from the "Insert Hanna tag" dropdown.

Edit tag attributes in modal dialog
      Insert a tag using the dropdown or double-click an existing tag in the CKEditor window to edit the tag attributes in a modal dialog.

Tags are widgets
      Hanna tags that have been inserted in a CKEditor window are "widgets" - they have a background colour for easy identification, are protected from accidental editing, and can be moved within the text by drag-and-drop.

Options for tag attributes may be defined
      You can define options for a tag attribute so that editors must choose an option rather than type text. This is useful for when only certain strings are valid for an attribute and also has the benefit of avoiding typos.
      Add a new attribute for the Hanna tag, named the same as the existing attribute you want to add options for, followed by "__options". The options themselves are defined as a string, using a pipe character as a delimiter between options. Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__options=Spinach|Pumpkin|Celery|Tomato|Brussels Sprout|Potato You can define a default for an attribute as normal. Use a pipe delimiter if defining multiple options as the default, for example:
      vegetables=Tomato|Potato Dynamic options
      Besides defining static options as above, you can use one Hanna tag to dynamically generate options for another. For instance, you could create a Hanna tag that generates options based on images that have been uploaded to the page, or the titles of children of the page.
      Your Hanna tag that generates the options should echo a string of options delimited by pipe characters (i.e. the same format as a static options string).
      You will probably want to name the Hanna tag that generates the options so that it starts with an underscore (or whatever prefix you have configured as the "exclude" prefix in the module config), to avoid it appearing as an insertable tag in the HannaCodeDialog dropdown menu.
      Example for an existing attribute named "image":
      image__options=[[_images_on_page]] And the code for the _images_on_page tag:
      <?php $image_names = array(); $image_fields = $page->fields->find('type=FieldtypeImage')->explode('name'); foreach($image_fields as $image_field) { $image_names = array_unique( array_merge($image_names, $page->$image_field->explode('name') ) ); } echo implode('|', $image_names); Choice of inputfield for attribute
      For attributes which you have defined options for, you can choose the inputfield that is used to select from the options.
      Inputfields that support the selection of a single option are select (this is the default inputfield for attributes with options so it isn't necessary to specify it if you want it) and radios.
      Inputfields that support the selection of multiple options are selectmultiple, asmselect and checkboxes.
      You can also specify a checkbox inputfield - this is not for attributes with defined options but will limit an attribute to an integer value of 1 or 0.
      The names of the inputfield types are case-insensitive.
      Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__type=asmselect Descriptions and notes for inputfields
      You can add a description or notes to an attribute and these will be displayed in the dialog.
      Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__description=Please select vegetables for your soup. vegetables__notes=Pumpkin and celery is a delicious combination. Notes
      When creating or editing a Hanna tag you can view a basic cheatsheet outlining the HannaCodeDialog features relating to attributes below the "Attributes" config inputfield.
      Troubleshooting
      HannaCodeDialog includes and automatically loads the third-party CKEditor plugins Line Utilities and Widget. If you have added these plugins to your CKEditor field already for some purpose and experience problems with HannaCodeDialog try deactivating those plugins from the CKEditor field settings.
    • By gRegor
      Updated 2017-03-27:
      Version 1.1.3 released
      Updated 2016-04-11:
      Version 1.1.2 released

Updated 2016-02-26:
      Officially in the module directory! http://modules.processwire.com/modules/webmention/

Updated 2016-02-25:
      Version 1.1.0 is now released. It's been submitted to the module directory so should appear there soon. In the meantime, it's available on GitHub: https://github.com/gRegorLove/ProcessWire-Webmention. Please refer to the updated README there and let me know if you have any questions!
      ------------
      Original post:

This is now out of date. I recommend reading the official README.

I've been working on this one for a while. It's not 100%, but it is to the point I'm using it on my own site, so it's time for me to release it in beta. Once I finish up some of the features described below, I will submit it to the modules directory as a stable plugin.
      For now, you can install from Github. It works on PW2.5. I haven't tested on PW2.6, but it should work there.
      Feedback and questions are welcome. I'm in the IRC channel #processwire as well as #indiewebcamp if you have any questions about this module, webmention, or microformats.
      Thanks to Ryan for the Comments Fieldtype which helped me a lot in the handling of webmentions in the admin area.
      ProcessWire Webmention Module
      Webmention is a simple way to automatically notify any URL when you link to it on your site. From the receiver's perspective, it is a way to request notification when other sites link to it.
      Version 1.0.0 is a stable beta that covers webmention sending, receiving, parsing, and display. An easy admin interface for received webmentions is under development, as well as support for the Webmention Vouch extension.
      Features
      * Webmention endpoint discovery
      * Automatically send webmentions asynchronously * Automatically receive webmentions * Process webmentions to extract microformats   Requirements * php-mf2 and php-mf2-cleaner libraries; bundled with this package and may optionally be updated using Composer. * This module hooks into the LazyCron module.   Installation Github: https://github.com/gRegorLove/ProcessWire-Webmention

Installing the core module named "Webmention" will automatically install the Fieldtype and Inputfield modules included in this package.   This module will attempt to add a template and page named "Webmention Endpoint" if the template does not exist already. The default location of this endpoint is http://example.com/webmention-endpoint   After installing the module, create a new field of type "Webmentions" and add it to the template(s) you want to be able to support webmentions. Sending Webmentions
      When creating or editing a page that has the Webmentions field, a checkbox "Send Webmentions" will appear at the bottom. Check this box and any URLs linked in the page body will be queued up for sending webmentions. Note: you should only check the "Send Webmentions" box if the page status is "published."   Receiving Webmentions This module enables receiving webmentions on any pages that have have "Webmentions" field, by adding the webmention endpoint as an HTTP Link header. If you would like to specify a custom webmention endpoint URL, you can do so in the admin area, Modules > Webmention.   Processing Webmentions (beta) Currently no webmentions are automatically processed. You will need to browse to the page in the backend, click "Edit," and scroll to the Webmentions field. There is a dropdown for "Visibility" and "Action" beside each webmention. Select "Process" to parse the webmention for microformats.   A better interface for viewing/processing all received webmentions in one place is under development.   Displaying Webmentions (beta) Within your template file, you can use `$page->Webmentions->render()` [where "Webmentions" is the name you used creating the field] to display a list of approved webmentions. As with the Comments Fieldtype, you can also generate your own output.   The display functionality is also under development.   Logs This module writes two logs: webmentions-sent and webmentions-received.   Vouch The Vouch anti-spam extension is still under development.   IndieWeb The IndieWeb movement is about owning your data. It encourages you to create and publish on your own site and optionally syndicate to third-party sites. Webmention is one of the core building blocks of this movement.   Learn more and get involved by visiting http://indiewebcamp.com.   Further Reading * http://indiewebcamp.com/webmention * http://indiewebcamp.com/comments-presentation * http://indiewebcamp.com/reply
    • By kixe
      This morning I pushed a module to github which extends the page api with moving and sorting capability.
      https://github.com/kixe/PageSortMove
      /** * CALLABLE * PageSortMove::execute($pageID, $newIndex = 0, $parentID = null); * $modules->get('PageSortMove')->execute($pageID, $newIndex = 0, $parentID = null); * * EXTENDED PAGE API * @property $page->first // under same parent * @property $page->last * * @method $page->first($parentID = null) * @method $page->last($parentID = null) * @method $page->sort($newIndex) * @method $page->move($newIndex, $parentID = null) */ Have a nice weekend.