Our agency web site

evanmcd

Hi all,

I just launched our agency's web site redesign, done with ProcessWire. This was my first site - I'm working on another one at the moment as well.

This one features a single page design, while maintaining good SEO practices. It turned out to be easier than I thought, especially the caching setup, which I'm using to offset the fact that I'm essentially loading all of the site's content at once.

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to chat about how it was done.

http://www.agencypja.com

Cheers.

• Like 2

I'm very impressed by this site, it's very well done, bravo Evan. Usually I'm not a fan of animations, I find them intruisive for reading, but I'm making an exception for this site, the navigation is fluid and the content is very well presented. If you don't mind I'll take a look at the source to steal one or two techniques I don't yet know :) Like how you can do SEO friendly URLs with a single page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I know it's been awhile, but I'm just now checking back on this thread. Thanks for all the kind words - I'll be sure to pass them along to the folks on our team who actually did the design for it (I'm only responsible for the guts of it, not the prettiness).

@ryan, I am using template level caching - I have each template set to clear for all pages including the home page on each save, and to save the cache for 24 hours. Without this aggressive caching, I think the site would be too slow in the real world.

@AnotherAndrew, in this case the videos are just text fields, representing the main video file name. We are using the JW Player, and do have HTML5 compatibility setup, so the mp4, ogv and webm files are all named the same, save for the extension. For another site I did with PW - on which a client is making updates, including adding videos - I've set it up so that they upload the videos through ProcessWire. Knowing I can't count on the client to upload the HTML5 safe formats, I restrict the file field to mp4 only, then do a check for the existence of the other versions, changing the JW Player config as needed for each instance.

I was thinking that, as we continue to use ProcessWire for sites going forward, that I might build a module that uses the Zencoder encoding API, along with JW Player, to allow full HTML5 compatibility for any video file the client uploads. I'll keep the community in the loop on that effort.

Thanks again all.

• Like 3