Getting rid of blank menu pages

josephic

How can I possibly get rid of blank menu pages in process wire. I've been told the way PW works, you need to always create a page in order to use a top-level menu. 

For example,

Top Menu

- submenu1

- submenu 2

- submenu 3

Now, although Top Menu is not clickable in the main navigation, PW still creates a blank page for it which I'm trying to get rid of. Any suggestions please?

Now, although Top Menu is not clickable in the main navigation, PW still creates a blank page for it which I'm trying to get rid of. Any suggestions please?

When you say "get rid of", do you mean not have it exist in the admin and database at all, or are you referring to front-end display? If it is not clickable does it matter? You could set its status to hidden so it won't appear in searches. You could set it to unpublished so it won't load even if someone tries the URL directly (make sure you are not logged in when testing this).

I think we need to know a little more about exactly what you are trying to achieve. Remember that a "page" in PW that has only a title field is just two lines in the database, one in the pages table and another in the field_title table - nothing to worry about - assuming that is what you are worried about :)