user registration, login and profile using PW

mrkhan

I am using PW from 1 week and Love this , its really simple and amazing and development time is so less.

i am developing one application which show links (URLS) and admin will post these links from admin panel.

now i am trying to have a user section where user will login and after login user can save these URLS in his FAV box.

i am searching on forum from last 3 days and found so many codes but i can't figureout how to get what i want.

i want normal user register / login / profile / logout / forget password section.

in user profile, user can update its details , change password and see FAV links which he saved before.

i will really appreciate any help with code or appropriate link or module etc.

Thanks

i want normal user register / login / profile / logout / forget password section.

for the most part, there is code on the forum to achieve this; I think ryan and adrian have posted usable examples; also, make sure to check the cheatsheet; I think one thing that trips up some people with the user management is how simple and easy it actually is;

in user profile, user can update its details , change password and see FAV links which he saved before.

this is something you need to achieve with a custom form that interacts with the API. If you are good at forms, then you just make a form processor on the template and then process the post data how you want.

The FAV links would be something that you would pull from the API; here i think you will need to use track changes, and then write changes back to the API.

Sorry I can't offer anything more concrete, but if you post your code samples, and a more specific description of your setup (fields, templates, etc..) it  might be possible to provide sample code.

• 1 month later...

At the moment I try to build universal and extendable login / register modules. First builds here.

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8001-frontenduserlogin/

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8013-module-frontenduserregister/

But need feedback and maybe help to get it ready and useable ;)

ForgotPassword (core module) and PersistLogin (manual mode) are integrated as plugins (sub modules).

• 3 months later...