Module: Matrix Fieldtype & Inputfield

kongondo

1 hour ago, Aleksey Popov said:

Thanks a lot! I tried to do this, but using the table, as in the instructions, it did not work, I will experiment a little later. But for myself, I made a solution (simplified here) like this that works:

It seems you were talking about the frontend? I was talking about the backend ?.

• 3 months later...

Hi @kongondo,
sorry if this is been answered before.

I know it's possibile to upload/paste a CSV to populate row and columns of the matrix, but is it possibile to skip row and columns definition upfront (via selector, etc.) and define them via the CSV itself?

I am asking this because I'd like to render on the frontend different tables whom have unique rows/columns definition.

Hi @3fingers,

On 3/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, 3fingers said:

and define them via the CSV itself?

I don't understand the question I am afraid. However, you cannot define anything inside the CSV.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, 3fingers said:

I am asking this because I'd like to render on the frontend different tables whom have unique rows/columns definition.

Are you talking about different tables from different pages or different tables from a single matrix on a single page?

2 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Are you talking about different tables from different pages or different tables from a single matrix on a single page?

I'd like to have a single matrix field (yours) inside a RepeaterMatrix (pro-field). For each matrix(yours) I'd like to be able to upload/paste csv definitions and render a table accordingly.
Every csv might have different colums/row numbers and definitions.

12 minutes ago, 3fingers said:

I'd like to have a single matrix field (yours) inside a RepeaterMatrix (pro-field). For each matrix(yours) I'd like to be able to upload/paste csv definitions and render a table accordingly.

I see.

12 minutes ago, 3fingers said:

Every csv might have different colums/row numbers and definitions.

Have you tried with the Custom PHP Code options? I haven't touched this in a while but (in my head) it seems like it is doable.

1 minute ago, kongondo said:

Have you tried with the Custom PHP Code options? I haven't touched this in a while but (in my head) it seems like it is doable.

Nope. I'm just investigating upfront because I'm close to start a new project and yours matrix fieldtype looks like a good candidate.
Any advice on how to start with Custom PHP Code to do what I'm after? Thanks ?

6 minutes ago, 3fingers said:

Any advice on how to start with Custom PHP Code to do what I'm after? Thanks

Just think ProcessWire page reference fields ?.

Use custom PHP code to return row/column pages. If used, this method overrides method #1 above. This allows you to specify valid PHP code to find pages for the matrix rows and/or columns. The PHP statement has access to the $page and $pages API variables, where $page refers to the page being edited. The snippet should only return a Page or PageArray. If it returns a Page, children of that Page are used as column pages.

• 1 year later...