szabesz    1,377

Hi @kixe or others who might be able to help me out,

I cannot seem to figure out something, I hope you can help. The children Pages – which need auto generated page names – have a Page Reference field called set_part_image. I would like its Title to be part of the name, like this (contrary to its name, it is NOT an image field!): 
date(Y-m-d_H-i-s) set_part_image.title

Meaning I need a time stamp like string followed by the title of that Page field. While this one works:
date(Y-m-d_H-i-s) set_part_image
generating something like: 2017-07-30_11-24-35-1053 where 1053 is the ID of the Page referenced by the field (of course), when using set_part_image.title the name is set to be untitled.

I also get the warning message: 
SetupPageName expects value in field 'set_part_image.title' to autogenerate Pagename

set_part_image.title DOES have a value filled in, so it should not be a problem for the module to get it.

I am using ProcessSetupPageName 2.0.8, BTW.

What am I doing wrong? Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

PWaddict    84

@szabesz I'm using a page reference field "countries.title"on name format for children without problem. What is your page field value type? I have it on "Single page Page or boolean false when none selected". Have you tried with ONLY set_part_image.title on the name format to see if it works? Make sure that you're using the template's Name format for children and NOT the Automatic Page Name Format of a Page Table.

• Like 3

szabesz    1,377
1 hour ago, PWaddict said:

What is your page field value type? I have it on "Single page Page or boolean false when none selected".

Bingo! Thanks a lot @PWaddict. Of course it does make a difference whether it is a PageArray or a Page. In my case I need to stick to a PageArray but obviously set_part_image.title is not what I need. "Luckily" set_part_image.first.title does work, meaning the issue is solved!

On a side note, I need a PageArray because the InputField Type is Visual Page Selector which currently supports PageArrays only.

Cheers,

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 2

szabesz    1,377

One more question regarding generated page names: currently different values referenced in "Name format children" are concatenated by a dash character separating them. Can I somehow use underscore instead?

That way I could easily tell the various values apart even in the generated name.

szabesz    1,377
21 hours ago, szabesz said:

That way I could easily tell the various values apart even in the generated name.

Since I am dealing with children of PageTables which do not need any public names/urls I use the title instead which is much more meaningful anyway. I realized that I do not even need this module for what I want to achieve. It just seemed convenient at first sight to use it, instead I switched to using my own hook in order to do whatever I need.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bernhard
      hi everybody,
      this is a preview of a module that i'm working on for quite a long time. I needed it for an intranet office management application that i'm still working on. It makes it very easy to create very customized Datatables using the awesome jquery datatables plugin (www.datatables.net)

EARLY ALPHA release!
      It's very likely that there will lots of changes to this module that may cause breaking your implementations.

Module source
      sorry, removed as it changes too frequently; closed alpha - contact me if you think you can contribute

Remarks:
      The module is intended to be used on the backend. Loading styles is at the moment only done via adding files to the $config->styles/scripts arrays. Also the communicaton to javascript is done via the $config->js() method that is built into the admin and would have to be implemented manually on frontend use. But it would not be difficult of course
      Installation:
      Nothing special here, just download + install

edit: removed some parts, because i made a complete rewrite of the module! (see last posting in the thread)

Customization example:
      in the screencast you see an example that i'm using in a process module. i put the table inside an InputfieldMarkup just to have the same look&feel all around the admin. you see that you could also use this module to create tables quickly and easily using @kongondo s runtime markup module.
      complete PHP code:
      $this->headline('Kundenliste'); $form = $modules->get('InputfieldForm'); // init datatables module $dt2 = $modules->get('RockDataTables2'); // setup columns // name $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'name'; $col->title = 'Name'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // type $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'type'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->rockcontact_type->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // setup table $dt2->id = 'dt_kundenliste'; $dt2->js('/site/modules/ProcessRockProjects/dt_kundenliste.js'); $f = $modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $f->value = $dt2->render(); $form->add($f); // ################################## // ajax request -> return data // non-ajax -> render form + table // ################################## if($config->ajax) { echo $dt2->getJSON($pages->find('template=rockcontact, sort=random, limit=10000')); die(); } else $out .= $form->render(); return $out; what is interesting here is this part:
      // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); datatables support orthogonal data (https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/html5/outputFormat-orthogonal.html). a date column is a good example, because you need to DISPLAY a formatted date (like 10.02.2017) but you need to be able to SORT this column by a different value (timestamp). its very easy to accomplish this by providing both values in your json. Btw: You could also just transfer the timestamp and do the formatting on the client-side via javascript. Next Example will show ho this would work. Both cases can be necessary, it's just an example here.
      [...] removed
      Why i created this module:
      of course i know @Soma s module but i needed a lot more features and the newer datatables version. also i like to define all the columns as objects and have everything on one place. lister & markupadmindatatable: nice for basic tables but lacks of features to modify the appearance of the cell values (like rendering icons, background colors and so on) datatables provides a great frontend API for filtering, showing/hiding columns, getting data, modifying it... it also plays well together with frontend charts like google chart api in this case:

todo / roadmap:
      all kinds of column filters (like seen in the example above that shows an older and bloated version of this module) support for ajax filters and pagination (currently all filtering and sorting is done on the client side. i tried it with up to 50.000 rows and got reasonable results. initial loading took around 10sec. but of course this heavily depends on the complexity of your table and your data.  

• By Robin S
      PageListTrash
      Allows non-superusers to trash pages directly from Page List (if they have page-delete permission for that page).
      Not much to say really - the module adds a "Trash" option to the extra actions for pages in Page List. It looks and works just like the Trash action available to superusers.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageListTrash/

Up to you whether you think non-superusers should be trusted with simpler trashing. For most cases I like the default behaviour where editors have to jump through some more hoops - I want them to think carefully about what they are doing. But if an editor needs to trash several pages then this module might reduce frustration.
      @tpr, by now you can probably predict what I'm going to say...
      ...something to merge into AdminOnSteroids?
    • By zaib
      I've a page "blog" which have child pages (blog posts). Right now I've 11 pages (blog posts) and I'm fetching all the posts in my "blog" pages which displaying fine, Issue is only 10 results are showing this is how I'm fetching
      $entries = $pages->find("template=blog-entry"); foreach($entries as $entry){ <a href='{$entry->url}'>$entry->title</a> }  
    • By horst
      Wire Mail SMTP

An extension to the new WireMail base class that uses SMTP-transport

This module integrates EmailMessage, SMTP and SASL php-libraries from Manuel Lemos into ProcessWire. I use this continously evolved libraries for about 10 years now and there was never a reason or occasion not to do so. I use it nearly every day in my office for automated composing and sending personalized messages with attachments, requests for Disposition Notifications, etc. Also I have used it for sending personalized Bulkmails many times.

The WireMailSmtp module extends the new email-related WireMail base class introduced in ProcessWire 2.4.1 (while this writing, the dev-branch only).

Here are Ryans announcement.

Current Version 0.2.5
      get it from the Modules Directory Install and Configure

Download the module into your site/modules/ directory and install it.

In the config page you fill in settings for the SMTP server and optionaly the (default) sender, like email address, name and signature.
      You can test the smtp settings directly there. If it says "SUCCESS! SMTP settings appear to work correctly." you are ready to start using it in templates, modules or bootstrap scripts.

Usage Examples
      The simplest way to use it:
      $numSent = wireMail($to, $from, $subject, $textBody); $numSent = wireMail($to, '', $subject, $textBody); // or with a default sender emailaddress on config page This will send a plain text message to each recipient.

You may also use the object oriented style:
      $mail = wireMail(); // calling an empty wireMail() returns a wireMail object $mail->to($toEmail, $toName); $mail->from = $yourEmailaddress; // if you don't have set a default sender in config // or if you want to override that $mail->subject($subject); $mail->body($textBody); $numSent = $mail->send(); Or chained, like everywhere in ProcessWire:
      $mail = wireMail(); $numSent = $mail->to($toEmail)->subject($subject)->body($textBody)->send(); Additionaly to the basics there are more options available with WireMailSmtp. The main difference compared to the WireMail BaseClass is the sendSingle option. With it you can set only one To-Recipient but additional CC-Recipients.
      $mail = wireMail(); $mail->sendSingle(true)->to($toEmail, $toName)->cc(array('person1@example.com', 'person2@example.com', 'person3@example.com')); $numSent = $mail->subject($subject)->body($textBody)->send(); The same as function call with options array:
      $options = array( 'sendSingle' => true, 'cc' => array('person1@example.com', 'person2@example.com', 'person3@example.com') ); $numSent = wireMail($to, '', $subject, $textBody, $options); There are methods to your disposal to check if you have the right WireMail-Class and if the SMTP-settings are working:
      $mail = wireMail(); if($mail->className != 'WireMailSmtp') { // Uups, wrong WireMail-Class: do something to inform the user and quit echo "<p>Couldn't get the right WireMail-Module (WireMailSmtp). found: {$mail->className}</p>"; return; } if(!$mail->testConnection()) { // Connection not working: echo "<p>Couldn't connect to the SMTP server. Please check the {$mail->className} modules config settings!</p>"; return; } Following are a ...

List of all options and features

testConnection () - returns true on success, false on failures

sendSingle ( true | false ) - default is false

sendBulk ( true | false ) - default is false, Set this to true if you have lots of recipients (50+)

to ($recipients) - one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

cc ($recipients) - only available with mode sendSingle, one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

bcc ($recipients) - one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

from = 'person@example.com' - emailaddress, can be set in module config (called Sender Emailaddress) but it can be overwritten here

fromName = 'Name Surname' - optional, can be set in module config (called Sender Name) but it can be overwritten here

priority (3) - 1 = Highest | 2 = High | 3 = Normal | 4 = Low | 5 = Lowest

dispositionNotification () or notification () - request a Disposition Notification

subject ($subject) - subject of the message

body ($textBody) - use this one alone to create and send plainText emailmessages

bodyHTML ($htmlBody) - use this to create a Multipart Alternative Emailmessage (containing a HTML-Part and a Plaintext-Part as fallback)

addSignature ( true | false ) - the default-behave is selectable in config screen, this can be overridden here
      (only available if a signature is defined in the config screen)

attachment ($filename, $alternativeBasename = "") - add attachment file, optionally alternative basename

send () - send the message(s) and return number of successful sent messages

getResult () - returns a dump (array) with all recipients (to, cc, bcc) and settings you have selected with the message, the message subject and body, and lists of successfull addresses and failed addresses,

logActivity ($logmessage) - you may log success if you want

logError ($logmessage) - you may log warnings, too. - Errors are logged automaticaly

useSentLog (true | false) - intended for usage with e.g. third party newsletter modules - tells the send() method to make usage of the sentLog-methods - the following three sentLog methods are hookable, e.g. if you don't want log into files you may provide your own storage, or add additional functionality here

sentLogReset ()  - starts a new LogSession - Best usage would be interactively once when setting up a new Newsletter

sentLogGet ()  - is called automaticly within the send() method - returns an array containing all previously used emailaddresses

sentLogAdd ($emailaddress)  - is called automaticly within the send() method

Changelog: https://github.com/horst-n/WireMailSmtp/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

• By MilenKo
      Hello all. I know it might sound silly, but wanted to check how are you guys proceeding if in the theme development you have a need of some fields that are repeating in several templates. For example, I am having an image field that can be used as the site logo in "Settings" template or as to show the page image in the markup of the inner page template or else. I am aware, that if I leave the resizing in the markup, than the field can be used on multiple templates, but the field has some specific label/description, notes and/or placeholder that would be not-related. 
      Sticking to the logo example, I have a label saying: Add your logo image here. So if I use the same field for something else, the same text would show while editing the new next page calling for image.
      How are you guys taking care of this? Are you creating specific fields for every aspect of your theme or there are some tricks I am missing in the big picture?
      P.S. Besides the descriptive text of the field some might require to have a single image and some an array (e.g. you don't need to upload multiple logos, unless you want to randomize or call one based on some criterias, but for a gallery - sure I would have multiple)