kixe    809

Find attached the first Alpha Version of the Module ProcessSetupPageName with Multilanguage Support. I tested it under various circumstances and it is doing fine with one exception: Until now it doesn't work together with 'Page Name Extended' (since PW 3.0.12) which allows UTF8 Page Names. Module requires PHP >= 5.4.x
Download from here:
EDIT: Removed link, download last version from here: https://github.com/kixe/ProcessSetupPageName/archive/master.zip

Would be nice if you could test it and give a feedback to me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by kixe
Due to some updates, I replaced the download link.
  • Like 3

Filkaboy    2

There the error with the new file.

Error: Cannot access self:: when no class scope is active (line 70 of ../site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/ProcessSetupPageName-master/ProcessSetupPageName.module)

For use it I just remove the self::$notes and replace by ''.

kixe    809

@Filkaboy
Which PHP Version do you use? Both Errors you mentioned looking like PHP = 5.3.x Could you make an update of your PHP Version and try again? Thanks.

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /site/modules/ProcessSetupPageName-master/ProcessSetupPageName.module on line 68

Error: Cannot access self:: when no class scope is active (line 70 of ../site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/ProcessSetupPageName-master/ProcessSetupPageName.module)

Filkaboy    2

@Filkaboy

Which PHP Version do you use? Both Errors you mentioned looking like PHP = 5.3.x Could you make an update of your PHP Version and try again? Thanks.

Yes exactly the problem... my previews version of php 5.3 and now with 5.5 all work fine.

Thank you

• Like 1

tpr    2,224

Great module but there's one thing that prevents me form using it, maybe this could be added in the future:

When adding a page and in the middle of the process you decide not to add a new page (skipping the Publish button and navigate away), then an empty page will be created. I think this coul be solved by adding a "Cancel" button next to the existing buttons ("Publish", "Save and....", "Cancel"). But perhaps there is an easier fix.

Don't get me wrong - I can delete the pages of course but I would use this module to make it easier for clients to add new pages, especially where the page name is actually irrelevant.

As a bonus feature request I would love to see message like these appear only for superusers - these may be too much for a regular client:

"SetupPageName expects value in field 'title' to autogenerate Pagename"

• Like 1

bernhard    1,323

Ryan solved this in pagetable as that pages created but not published are deleted automatically each day by a kind of lazycron. On mobile and no details for that... Just throwing in an idea

• Like 1

kixe    809

When adding a page and in the middle of the process you decide not to add a new page (skipping the Publish button and navigate away), then an empty page will be created. I think this coul be solved by adding a "Cancel" button next to the existing buttons ("Publish", "Save and....", "Cancel"). But perhaps there is an easier fix.

In fact the page is already created in the 'middle of the process' and it has to be created to pull the page name from other page fields. If you don't like this. Create a cronjob like bernhard mentioned. Example:

$wire->addHook('LazyCron::everyDay', function() {
    // trash untitled pages
    $delay = time()-60;
    $untitleds = wire('pages')->find("created<$delay,name^=untitled,include=all");
    foreach ($untitleds as $untitled) $untitled->trash(); // to delete permanently use $untitled->delete() instead
});
Don't get me wrong - I can delete the pages of course but I would use this module to make it easier for clients to add new pages, especially where the page name is actually irrelevant.

In this case you don't need this module. Use built in 'Name Format Children' in parent template settings and create the name frome date. It is also possible in my module to create the name from any autogenerated page property like 'created' or 'id'. Read the note in 'Name Format Children' field if module is installed.

As a bonus feature request I would love to see message like these appear only for superusers - these may be too much for a regular client:

"SetupPageName expects value in field 'title' to autogenerate Pagename"

This message is needed. How could the page editor know from where the values are pulled to generate the pagename? I don't want to change this.

• Like 2

tpr    2,224

Thanks, I will try a combination of fields then & try lazycron.

This message is needed. How could the page editor know from where the values are pulled to generate the pagename? I don't want to change this.

Sometimes the editors shouldn't care about the page name, for example when pages are created to hold content for content blocks. For example awards pages that won't have its own page at all.

• Like 1

kixe    809

As I said use built in options in this case. Read more here: https://processwire.com/api/modules/process-template/

To create contentblocks you can also use Repeaters (single template). Or better ProFields RepeaterMatrix (multiple templates). Repeaters are stored as pages too but very hidden and you don't need to care about naming.

Krlos    17

Hi, I was trying this module, and I get this error:

Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getDefault() on null in /Users/krlos/Documents/Sitios/processpdf/site/modules/ProcessSetupPageName/ProcessSetupPageName.module:99

Processwire: 2.7.2

PHP: 7.0.0

Karl_T    35
On 2016/7/11 at 10:51 AM, Krlos said:

Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getDefault() on null in /Users/krlos/Documents/Sitios/processpdf/site/modules/ProcessSetupPageName/ProcessSetupPageName.module:99

Processwire: 2.7.2

PHP: 7.0.0

I also get this error and found that this is due to the lack of  a core module called "Languages Support". The error is gone after install the module.

I suggest to add "Languages Support" to the dependency of this module.

bee8bit    4

Hi,

this module throws an error when I create a new page.

Call to a member function getLanguageValue() on a non-object (Zeile 121 in /var/www/_html_default/processwire-playground/site/modules/ProcessSetupPageName/ProcessSetupPageName.module)

My name format for children is "date(Y/m/d) title", LanguageSupport is installed but the title field has the type PageName, not PageNameLanguage.

In this case, $page->title is a plain string, so this seems to work for me:

// case 2: title default
        else if ($format == 'title') {
            if(is_object($page->title) && strlen($page->title->getLanguageValue($languageID))) {
                $pageName .= '-'.$page->title->getLanguageValue($languageID);
            } else {
                $pageName .= '-'.$page->title;
            }
        }

Further investigation might be necessary: Can $page->title->getLanguageValue(...) be an empty string?

wolke    0

Hi,

it seems the module throws errors, when used together with Version Control. Pages which have version control enabled generate this error message.

I am not very good at php, so I cant investigate this further, but I would like to use this module. ATM I cant run the site without version control.

Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wire/core/Pages.php:321
Stack trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wire/core/WireArray.php(1933): ProcessWire\Pages->get('setModuleConfig...')
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wire/core/WireArray.php(2149): ProcessWire\WireArray->implode('ProcessVersionC...', 'setModuleConfig...', Array)
#2 [internal function]: ProcessWire\WireArray->___callUnknown('setModuleConfig...', Array)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(374): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wire/core/WireHooks.php(549): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___callUnknown', Array)
#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(399): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Modules), 'callUnknown', Array)
#6 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wire/core/Wire.php(402): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('callUnknown', Array)
#7 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/site/mo (Zeile 321 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/bluevr/wire/core/Pages.php) 

PW: 3.0.39

kixe    809

@Krlos @Karl_T

On 11.7.2016 at 4:51 AM, Krlos said:

I fixed the single/ multilanguage issue. Sorry for the delay ...
Please update to 2.0.1 and try out.

• Like 1

PWaddict    88

How can I display on the backend the pages created with this module as titles instead of names?

For example I'm currently see the pages as: test-30-jan-2017. How can I see them as: Test 30 Jan 2017?

Sorry that was my mistake.

kixe    809
On 13.2.2017 at 1:02 PM, PWaddict said:

@kixe Are you planning to make the module to update the page name when the fields that used to generate the name have been edited?

@PWaddict Thanks for the input. I made the module configurable with the option you mentioned. Furthermore I did some repairings for some special cases. Seems to work. Please try Version 2.0.2

• Like 2

PWaddict    88
8 hours ago, kixe said:

@PWaddict Thanks for the input. I made the module configurable with the option you mentioned. Furthermore I did some repairings for some special cases. Seems to work. Please try Version 2.0.2

I just tried it and unfortunately it doesn't work at all. I tried with both checked and unchecked the option just in case that was the problem.

Robin S    2,529
9 hours ago, kixe said:

I made the module configurable with the option you mentioned.

Perhaps there should be some warning about this option in the readme and/or module config page, as it has the potential to inadvertently break links if the Page Path History module is not installed.

• Like 1

kixe    809
4 hours ago, PWaddict said:

I just tried it and unfortunately it doesn't work at all. I tried with both checked and unchecked the option just in case that was the problem.

I am sorry about that. Did you get any Errors? Exceptions? Please let me know. I tested the module in 2 different environments. It worked there without problems.

@Robin S

Thanks for the hint. I added a note to the config field and the readme.

• Like 1

PWaddict    88
1 hour ago, kixe said:

I am sorry about that. Did you get any Errors? Exceptions? Please let me know. I tested the module in 2 different environments. It worked there without problems.

There are no errors. It's just doesn't update the page name. I'm on localhost with php 7 and ProcessWire 3.0.52.

kixe    809

@PWaddict

I missed to add the hook which update pagenames even if language support isn't enabled. I fixed this in Version 2.0.3
If you use the module in single language mode this might have been the cause. Thanks for your help.

• Like 2

PWaddict    88
52 minutes ago, kixe said:

@PWaddict

I missed to add the hook which update pagenames even if language support isn't enabled. I fixed this in Version 2.0.3
If you use the module in single language mode this might have been the cause. Thanks for your help.

Yep that was the problem. Now it's working perfect. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

PWaddict    88

@kixe I'm using a multi-language datetime field on the name format for children and it doesn't work properly. I'm using this format: %b %d, %Y and it can't update the page name with the format %b. It seems that it can only update the numeric formats.

Instead of getting this page name:
jan-22-2018

I'm getting this:
b-22-2018

Can you please fix it?

kixe    809

The module uses php function date() and NOT strftime(). To get what you expect use the following format string: 'date(M-d-Y)'.