Bootstrap PW script - persistent dbh connections?

Peter Falkenberg Brown

Hi All,

I'm creating a PHP / PW bootstrap script that I'm running from the shell prompt, that will create Linux web accounts and databases.

The script pulls data on each account from a PW application, and runs through error tests, and then uses ssh -e commands to run the Linux commands that do the work on various remote servers.

One thing that I'm not sure of is exactly how long the script will take to run the linux commands, between each database select account operation. I want to make sure that the PW $dbh connection doesn't time out, in between. Of course, it might not timeout -- I'm just not sure yet.

Is there a setting that I can tweak to allow persistent connections (assuming that I can close them properly)? Or a setting to tweak the timeouts (besides the /etc/mysql/my.cnf timeout setting)?

If it were a non-PW script, I could reconnect to the database on each account (using an array of previously gathered IDs, to click through), but my PW script simply starts off with the bootstrap include statement at the top, so I'm not sure how to do a reconnect.

Any thoughts or recommendations? I've read some posts about modifying the core, but I'm hesitant to do that.

I'm using PW 2.3.0 (can't upgrade at the moment), on Linux CentOS, with Percona MySQL.

Thanks!

Peter