PW 2.5.3 PageListSelectMultiple custom php code filter not working, & can't activate TinyMCE module

hellomoto

I have a Pages field with a PageListSelectMultiple input fieldtype, and I cannot limit it through the "custom PHP code" filter in its settings. I don't want hidden pages to be selectable, because the field is supposed to be to select pages to be included in a frontend menu. How can I do this? and it would be nice to be able to use the custom php code way to filter...

Also, I cannot install, or activate, rather, TinyMCE. It's claimed to be compatible with 2.5... I install it, and when I try to activate it, without fail, it "activates" CKEditor, which is already activated by default, and installs its files into the /site/modules/ directory. TinyMCE is still in there, just inactivated and useless, being that there's no workaround to activating modules besides from the admin (that I know of, and it should work via the admin anyway). I also tried using BatchChildEditor (supposed to work with 2.5) -- don't seem to do anything when activated. I selected some settings and nada.

Does anybody have any idea why I might be having these problems? I got all green for all the install compatibility checks...

There is a bug in the current stable that is causing your problem trying to install TinyMCE. It was fixed in the dev version 8 days ago:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/68acd61f7327ad4529fe15b25f388c6dc49ae38d

If you don't want to run dev, I think you could probably just make those changes shown in the above commit that are in the wire/core/Modules.php file.

As for the hidden pages showing up in your page field - there is a note with the custom PHP code that says: " NOTE: Not compatible with PageListSelect or Autocomplete input field types."

Not sure if there is an easy way to not show hidden pages. I am in a rush, but I think you might need a little helper module to remove them from the list. Maybe someone has time now, otherwise I'll try tomorrow.

There is a bug in the current stable that is causing your problem trying to install TinyMCE. It was fixed in the dev version 8 days ago:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/68acd61f7327ad4529fe15b25f388c6dc49ae38d

If you don't want to run dev, I think you could probably just make those changes shown in the above commit that are in the wire/core/Modules.php file.

As for the hidden pages showing up in your page field - there is a note with the custom PHP code that says: " NOTE: Not compatible with PageListSelect or Autocomplete input field types."

Not sure if there is an easy way to not show hidden pages. I am in a rush, but I think you might need a little helper module to remove them from the list. Maybe someone has time now, otherwise I'll try tomorrow.

Thanks! Those things aren't that important for me right now, I was mostly just concerned that maybe my installation in general was buggy... Glad to have the cause for the problems identified. I did see that note in the Custom PHP Code part but for some reason didn't think it applied to the -Multiple version... bah...