$pages->delete($child_page, true) causes current $page to lose values on save

Peter Falkenberg Brown

Hello PW Gurus,

I'm stuck on a strange symptom. I've created a routine to edit and update a page of values via a form and the api.

Part of that routine is to add and/or delete child pages of a different page branch.

When I run through the edit / update and use the code:

$pages->delete($domain_ip_former_page_child_page, true);

and then further down, do a:

$pages->save($page);

the currently selected values of the primary page do not get saved. Somewhere between selection of the values and the save command, the $page object loses the selected values.

When I comment out the delete command, the primary page saves correctly.

Also, the delete command (when used) does successfully delete the child page in question.

I get the child page with this code (ignore the line breaks):

$domain_ip_former_page_child_page = 
$pages->get( "parent=$domain_ip_former_page_url, account_id=$account_page_account_id, 
include=hidden, $skiptrash" );

I just can't figure out why a page delete command would mess with the values of the current $page object.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Edit: I'm using PW 2.3.0.

Thanks,

Peter

Have you tried this? Maybe it's not the $page object which got messed with. But if you don't override $page or $pages this shouldn't happen. 

$page->save();

Of topic: Maybe think about updateing pw. The current stable version is 2.5.3, with lots of great new features.

Have you tried this? Maybe it's not the $page object which got messed with. But if you don't override $page or $pages this shouldn't happen. 

$page->save();

Of topic: Maybe think about updateing pw. The current stable version is 2.5.3, with lots of great new features.

Yes, I've tried with $page->save() with the same result.

My code to save or delete the other pages is specifically using a different variable for those page objects,

so I would think that there shouldn't be any conflict.

I wonder, however, if in the internals of PW code there's a variable conflict, i.e. in the processing

of the other pages, some code uses the $page object.

I can't upgrade with this particular application because of client requirements.

Yours,

Peter