adrian

Page Protector

Thanks - I couldn't get the $ppid variable either (similarly to $loginForm). Anyway, I think it's not that important, I can get the protected parent manually too and get content from it (even multilanguage).

It took some time I understood the module's workings but finally it's up and running the way I wanted, thanks for the help! :) 

4 minutes ago, tpr said:

It took some time I understood the module's workings but finally it's up and running the way I wanted, thanks for the help! :) 

No problem!

Should I commit the version with $page->protected property then? I assume that is still something you need to get it working in your scenario?

Sure, that will come handy, thanks!

• Like 1

Hello.

First off all, thanks for that great module. 

My problem is the combination of the TemplateEngineFactory module and the PageProtector module. Both modules don't work together.

The problem is the Page::render, unfortunately both modules define a after hook. The TemplateEngineFactory always overwrites the PageProtector hook. 

[Page::render] => Array
(
    [0] => PageRender->renderPage() in PageRender.module
    [1] => PageProtector->protectedCheck() in PageProtector.module
    [2] => TemplateEngineFactory->hookRender() in TemplateEngineFactory.module.php
)

When I remove the TemplateEngineFactory module everything works correctly and the login page is displayed. If both modules are acitve the login page ist not displayed. 

Can someone help me? Both modules should work together...

Thanks!

Hi @wbertl - firstly, welcome to the forums!

Please upgrade to the latest version which should fix the issue for you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, adrian said:

Hi @wbertl - firstly, welcome to the forums!

Please upgrade to the latest version which should fix the issue for you.

Hey adrian,

many thanks. It works now!

• Like 1

Howdy @adrian

I'm wondering why I get lots of "Saved module 'PageProtector' config data" entries in /site/assets/logs/modules.txt as I do not remember saving the module settings so frequently. If it is not my "fault", can you please take a look at how to "get rid of them" should they be generated "by mistake".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, szabesz said:

Howdy @adrian

I'm wondering why I get lots of "Saved module 'PageProtector' config data" entries in /site/assets/logs/modules.txt as I do not remember saving the module settings so frequently. If it is not my "fault", can you please take a look at how to "get rid of them" should they be generated "by mistake".

Thanks for noticing that - it should be fixed in the latest version.

Because there are settings for this module on every page (Settings tab), saving the page was saving the settings. Now I check to see if there are any changes before saving.

Please let me know if it works as expected for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adrian said:

it should be fixed in the latest version

Thanx a lot! I will update the site in question – and all its modules – on the weekend, and report back.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having.

I'm currently using the Intermediate templating schema which you can choose from when first developing PW on localhost. 

Firstly, let me say this is a great module and thank you for developing it.

Secondly, to the problem, I'm trying to render login form via "$content .= loginForm;" however that doesn't appear to work and produces nothing but a blank page.

The only way the login form shows is without the _main.php layout by using the default "echo loginForm;" approach.

Is the missing $ in your post a typo here in the forum?

You need:

$content .= $loginForm;

Also, it depends on how your _main.php is set up. Is $content the final variable that is echo'd at the end, or is it $out or something else? Of course you need to use the variable that is actually used in your _main.php file. $content is just an example.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, adrian said:

Is the missing $ in your post a typo here in the forum?

yes that's a typo in the forum.

29 minutes ago, adrian said:

Also, it depends on how your _main.php is set up. Is $content the final variable that is echo'd at the end, or is it $out or something else? Of course you need to use the variable that is actually used in your _main.php file. $content is just an example.

Yes, $content is the main output variable coming from the _main.php file.

My loginForm template page works if i use :

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

echo $loginForm;

shows blank screen using:

$content = $loginForm;

Maybe i'm missing something simple...

33 minutes ago, JasonS said:

Maybe i'm missing something simple...

I think we'd need to see your files to help any further.

Does populating $content with anything else actually get output on the end?

4 minutes ago, adrian said:

Does populating $content with anything else actually get output on the end?

No, That's the confusing part. 

loginform.php

echo $loginForm;

_main.php

/**
 * _main.php
 * Main markup file
 * This file contains all the main markup for the site and outputs the regions 
 * defined in the initialization (_init.php) file. These regions include: 
 *   $title: The page title/headline 
 *   $content: The markup that appears in the main content/body copy column
 *   $sidebar: The markup that appears in the sidebar column
 * Of course, you can add as many regions as you like, or choose not to use
 * them at all! This _init.php > [template].php > _main.php scheme is just
 * the methodology we chose to use in this particular site profile, and as you
 * dig deeper, you'll find many others ways to do the same thing. 
 * This file is automatically appended to all template files as a result of 
 * $config->appendTemplateFile = '_main.php'; in /site/config.php. 
 * In any given template file, if you do not want this main markup file 
 * included, go in your admin to Setup > Templates > [some-template] > and 
 * click on the "Files" tab. Check the box to "Disable automatic append of
 * file _main.php". You would do this if you wanted to echo markup directly 
 * from your template file or if you were using a template file for some other
 * kind of output like an RSS feed or sitemap.xml, for example. 
 * See the README.txt file for more information. 
 */
?><!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
	<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
	<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
	<title><?php echo $title; ?></title>
	<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $page->summary; ?>" />
	<link href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lusitana:400,700|Quattrocento:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>styles/main.css" />
</head>
<body class="<?php if($sidebar) echo "has-sidebar "; ?>">

<a href="#main" class="visually-hidden element-focusable bypass-to-main">Skip to content</a>

<h1 align="center" class="logo-text">
      <a href="<?php echo $config->urls->root ?>" class="logo-link"><?php $page->sitename ?></a>
    </h1>

<!-- top navigation -->
	<ul class='topnav' role='navigation'><?php
		// top navigation consists of homepage and its visible children
		foreach($homepage->and($homepage->children) as $item) {
			if($item->id == $page->rootParent->id) {
				echo "<li class='current' aria-current='true'><span class='visually-hidden'>Current page: </span>";
			} else {
				echo "<li>";
			}
			echo "<a href='$item->url'>$item->title</a></li>";
		}

// output an "Edit" link if this page happens to be editable by the current user
		if($page->editable()) echo "<li class='edit'><a href='$page->editUrl'>Edit</a></li>";
	?></ul>

<!-- search form
	<form class='search' action='<?php echo $pages->get('template=search')->url; ?>' method='get'>
		<label for='search' class='visually-hidden'>Search:</label>
		<input type='text' name='q' placeholder='Search' id='search' value='<?php echo $sanitizer->entities($input->whitelist('q')); ?>' />
		<button type='submit' name='submit' class='visually-hidden'>Search</button>
	</form>-->

<!-- breadcrumbs -->
	<div class='breadcrumbs' role='navigation' aria-label='You are here:'><?php
		// breadcrumbs are the current page's parents
		//foreach($page->parents() as $item) {
			//echo "<span><a href='$item->url'>$item->title</a></span> "; 
		//}
		// optionally output the current page as the last item
		//echo "<span>$page->title</span> "; 
	?></div>

<div id='main'>

<!-- main content -->
		<div id='content'>
			<h1 align="center"><?php echo $title; ?></h1>
			<?php echo $content; ?>
		</div>

<!-- sidebar content -->
		<?php if($sidebar): ?>
		<aside id='sidebar'>
			<?php echo $sidebar; ?>
		</aside>
		<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<!-- footer -->
	<footer id='footer'>
		<p>
		Powered by <a href='http://processwire.com'>ProcessWire CMS</a>  &nbsp; / &nbsp; 
		<?php 
		if($user->isLoggedin()) {
			// if user is logged in, show a logout link
			echo "<a href='{$config->urls->admin}login/logout/'>Logout ($user->name)</a>";
		} else {
			// if user not logged in, show a login link
			echo "<a href='{$config->urls->admin}'>Admin Login</a>";
		}
		?>
		</p>
	</footer>
	<script   src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.min.js"   integrity="sha256-hwg4gsxgFZhOsEEamdOYGBf13FyQuiTwlAQgxVSNgt4="   crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
	<script>
	$('img').bind('contextmenu', function(e) {
    return false;
}); 
</script>

</body>
</html>

Ok, I think the problem is that loginform.php needs to be:

$content = $loginForm;

which I think you have already tried, but just not in the code you just posted.

Also, is loginform.php selected in the module settings for the "Login Template" setting?

Also, because loginform.php is not an actual PW template, _main.php won't be automatically included, so you will need to manually add:

require_once '_main.php';

after you define $content, so this should do it:

echo $content = $loginForm;

1 hour ago, adrian said:

yes i did. Didn't work.

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Also, is loginform.php selected in the module settings for the "Login Template" setting?

Yes, it is.

1 hour ago, adrian said:

<?php namespace ProcessWire; echo $content = $loginForm; require_once '_main.php';

I applied your code and doesn't work. I'll attach a screenshot of what I see.

Screenshot at Nov 04 22-20-23.png

Sorry, my fault - you don't want to echo $content in loginform.php - you just want to set it - it needs to be echo'd in main.php if you want the login form to appear with your site html wrapper content.

Is this site online somewhere I could take a look?

10 hours ago, adrian said:

Is this site online somewhere I could take a look?

Unfortunately, no it isn't. Local webdev development on my machine.

Hi adrian,
very usefull - thank you!!
Is it possible to have "allowed users" additionally to "Allowed Roles"?
I would like to give a specific user access to one specific page. With a role-access i couldn´t achieve that, because then many of the users with this role would have access to this page - and this is not desired.

On 1/5/2018 at 8:15 AM, itsberni said:

Hi adrian,
very usefull - thank you!!
Is it possible to have "allowed users" additionally to "Allowed Roles"?
I would like to give a specific user access to one specific page. With a role-access i couldn´t achieve that, because then many of the users with this role would have access to this page - and this is not desired.

Hi @itsberni - I certainly could add it, but on sites with a lot of users, the interface for selecting allowed users would need careful attention.

Is there any reason you couldn't add a new custom role to just the specific user and use that role to provide access?

Hi adrian!

i Could do that, of course. But i thought it would be easier to assign a spezific Page to a user.

i solved it now with a different approach. 

I added a page reference field to the User Template. In the template.php i check for the User and simultaneously if the visited page = the referenced page in the users entry. That works for me. nevertheless thank you!

• Like 1

HI @adrian,

I would like to try your PageProtector module but I have to know whether I can set the login (username-password pair) per page? If I understand it correctly, the username-password pair can be set globally and not for every single page.

3 hours ago, LAPS said:

HI @adrian,

I would like to try your PageProtector module but I have to know whether I can set the login (username-password pair) per page? If I understand it correctly, the username-password pair can be set globally and not for every single page.

Each page can be restricted to a user role, so you could setup each page to be limited to a different role and assign these roles to separate users - I think this would give you what you want. But without knowing exactly your scenario, it's hard to know if this would be the best option or not. You might be better off with a custom module or a ready.php hook on Page::render and handle the logic that way.

image.png.2615acd8e2417d380aa768e522163254.png

• Like 1

On 5.11.2017 at 3:10 AM, adrian said:

Ok, I think the problem is that loginform.php needs to be:

$content = $loginForm;

Also, because loginform.php is not an actual PW template, _main.php won't be automatically included, so you will need to manually add:

after you define $content, so this should do it:

echo $content = $loginForm;

I tried this too, but it seems to me the intermediate templating doesn't work with this module having defined my own login-page. I get errors pointing to undefined variables that are defined in _init.php. If I try to require the _init.php first, then add $loginForm to $content and then require_once _main.php, I get other errors that result from login.php template not being a PW template:

Class 'FilenameArray' not found in site/templates/_init.php

Have you really used login.php template with intermediate templating?

On 1/27/2018 at 8:11 AM, lpa said:

Have you really used login.php template with intermediate templating?

Hi @lpa - sorry you're having trouble with this approach. I have definitely used it before with the "intermediate" approach, but it turns out I was doing things a little different in terms of how files were being prepended. I just tried with the regular intermediate templating approach and I could reproduce the errors you were seeing.

I have a fix in place for you though.

My login.php template file looks like this.

<?php
$content = $page->loginForm;
include '_main.php';

Obviously you can use whatever *.php file you want - selected from the module settings.

The key difference now is that you must use: $page->loginForm and not $loginForm

Please test the attached version (I don't want to commit just yet) and let me know how you go.

PageProtector.zip