adrian

Page Protector

Thanks - I couldn't get the $ppid variable either (similarly to $loginForm). Anyway, I think it's not that important, I can get the protected parent manually too and get content from it (even multilanguage).

It took some time I understood the module's workings but finally it's up and running the way I wanted, thanks for the help! :) 

4 minutes ago, tpr said:

It took some time I understood the module's workings but finally it's up and running the way I wanted, thanks for the help! :) 

No problem!

Should I commit the version with $page->protected property then? I assume that is still something you need to get it working in your scenario?

Hello.

First off all, thanks for that great module. 

My problem is the combination of the TemplateEngineFactory module and the PageProtector module. Both modules don't work together.

The problem is the Page::render, unfortunately both modules define a after hook. The TemplateEngineFactory always overwrites the PageProtector hook. 

[Page::render] => Array
(
    [0] => PageRender->renderPage() in PageRender.module
    [1] => PageProtector->protectedCheck() in PageProtector.module
    [2] => TemplateEngineFactory->hookRender() in TemplateEngineFactory.module.php
)

When I remove the TemplateEngineFactory module everything works correctly and the login page is displayed. If both modules are acitve the login page ist not displayed. 

Can someone help me? Both modules should work together...

Thanks!

Hi @wbertl - firstly, welcome to the forums!

Please upgrade to the latest version which should fix the issue for you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, adrian said:

Hi @wbertl - firstly, welcome to the forums!

Please upgrade to the latest version which should fix the issue for you.

Hey adrian,

many thanks. It works now!

• Like 1

Howdy @adrian

I'm wondering why I get lots of "Saved module 'PageProtector' config data" entries in /site/assets/logs/modules.txt as I do not remember saving the module settings so frequently. If it is not my "fault", can you please take a look at how to "get rid of them" should they be generated "by mistake".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, szabesz said:

Howdy @adrian

I'm wondering why I get lots of "Saved module 'PageProtector' config data" entries in /site/assets/logs/modules.txt as I do not remember saving the module settings so frequently. If it is not my "fault", can you please take a look at how to "get rid of them" should they be generated "by mistake".

Thanks for noticing that - it should be fixed in the latest version.

Because there are settings for this module on every page (Settings tab), saving the page was saving the settings. Now I check to see if there are any changes before saving.

Please let me know if it works as expected for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adrian said:

it should be fixed in the latest version

Thanx a lot! I will update the site in question – and all its modules – on the weekend, and report back.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having.

I'm currently using the Intermediate templating schema which you can choose from when first developing PW on localhost. 

Firstly, let me say this is a great module and thank you for developing it.

Secondly, to the problem, I'm trying to render login form via "$content .= loginForm;" however that doesn't appear to work and produces nothing but a blank page.

The only way the login form shows is without the _main.php layout by using the default "echo loginForm;" approach.

Is the missing $ in your post a typo here in the forum?

You need:

$content .= $loginForm;

Also, it depends on how your _main.php is set up. Is $content the final variable that is echo'd at the end, or is it $out or something else? Of course you need to use the variable that is actually used in your _main.php file. $content is just an example.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, adrian said:

Is the missing $ in your post a typo here in the forum?

yes that's a typo in the forum.

29 minutes ago, adrian said:

Also, it depends on how your _main.php is set up. Is $content the final variable that is echo'd at the end, or is it $out or something else? Of course you need to use the variable that is actually used in your _main.php file. $content is just an example.

Yes, $content is the main output variable coming from the _main.php file.

My loginForm template page works if i use :

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

echo $loginForm;

shows blank screen using:

$content = $loginForm;

Maybe i'm missing something simple...

33 minutes ago, JasonS said:

Maybe i'm missing something simple...

I think we'd need to see your files to help any further.

Does populating $content with anything else actually get output on the end?

4 minutes ago, adrian said:

Does populating $content with anything else actually get output on the end?

No, That's the confusing part. 

loginform.php

echo $loginForm;

_main.php

/**
 * _main.php
 * Main markup file
 * This file contains all the main markup for the site and outputs the regions 
 * defined in the initialization (_init.php) file. These regions include: 
 *   $title: The page title/headline 
 *   $content: The markup that appears in the main content/body copy column
 *   $sidebar: The markup that appears in the sidebar column
 * Of course, you can add as many regions as you like, or choose not to use
 * them at all! This _init.php > [template].php > _main.php scheme is just
 * the methodology we chose to use in this particular site profile, and as you
 * dig deeper, you'll find many others ways to do the same thing. 
 * This file is automatically appended to all template files as a result of 
 * $config->appendTemplateFile = '_main.php'; in /site/config.php. 
 * In any given template file, if you do not want this main markup file 
 * included, go in your admin to Setup > Templates > [some-template] > and 
 * click on the "Files" tab. Check the box to "Disable automatic append of
 * file _main.php". You would do this if you wanted to echo markup directly 
 * from your template file or if you were using a template file for some other
 * kind of output like an RSS feed or sitemap.xml, for example. 
 * See the README.txt file for more information. 
 */
?><!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
	<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
	<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
	<title><?php echo $title; ?></title>
	<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $page->summary; ?>" />
	<link href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lusitana:400,700|Quattrocento:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>styles/main.css" />
</head>
<body class="<?php if($sidebar) echo "has-sidebar "; ?>">

<a href="#main" class="visually-hidden element-focusable bypass-to-main">Skip to content</a>

<h1 align="center" class="logo-text">
      <a href="<?php echo $config->urls->root ?>" class="logo-link"><?php $page->sitename ?></a>
    </h1>

<!-- top navigation -->
	<ul class='topnav' role='navigation'><?php
		// top navigation consists of homepage and its visible children
		foreach($homepage->and($homepage->children) as $item) {
			if($item->id == $page->rootParent->id) {
				echo "<li class='current' aria-current='true'><span class='visually-hidden'>Current page: </span>";
			} else {
				echo "<li>";
			}
			echo "<a href='$item->url'>$item->title</a></li>";
		}

// output an "Edit" link if this page happens to be editable by the current user
		if($page->editable()) echo "<li class='edit'><a href='$page->editUrl'>Edit</a></li>";
	?></ul>

<!-- search form
	<form class='search' action='<?php echo $pages->get('template=search')->url; ?>' method='get'>
		<label for='search' class='visually-hidden'>Search:</label>
		<input type='text' name='q' placeholder='Search' id='search' value='<?php echo $sanitizer->entities($input->whitelist('q')); ?>' />
		<button type='submit' name='submit' class='visually-hidden'>Search</button>
	</form>-->

<!-- breadcrumbs -->
	<div class='breadcrumbs' role='navigation' aria-label='You are here:'><?php
		// breadcrumbs are the current page's parents
		//foreach($page->parents() as $item) {
			//echo "<span><a href='$item->url'>$item->title</a></span> "; 
		//}
		// optionally output the current page as the last item
		//echo "<span>$page->title</span> "; 
	?></div>

<div id='main'>