SocialTwitterUpdate

Pete

Get the same error after installation, after filling the credentials it looks good first.

But I don't get any errors or messages at all when publishing a page under the allowed parent.

No idea what to  :( would love to use it :)

Update: Just checked again, hook is getting fired. The module compatibillity is only up to 2.2 this might be the reason..?!

Update 2.: I'm now using Codebird. Works like a charm.

My hook looks like this 

if(empty($this->page->tweet_id)) {
	$this->pages->addHook('Pages::saveReady', $this, "sendTweet");
}

so only if tweet_id is empty it will get fired and Pages::saveReady because it's saving the tweet_id which I'm using to create a retweet button for blog posts

Update 3: My example above is probably not correct. Maybe I should make a little break I get a little confused ^^

Hey Can - I know it's been a while since you set this up, but I'm wondering where you added the Codebird code - was it a modification to the SocialTwitterUpdate module, or did you add it to one of the admin templates?

Thanks!

Hey Can - I know it's been a while since you set this up, but I'm wondering where you added the Codebird code - was it a modification to the SocialTwitterUpdate module, or did you add it to one of the admin templates?

Thanks!

Hey Reed, actually I never finished this, so at the moment I'm tweeting manually and then copy the tweet id's for the retweet button.

But I'm thinking about automating this thing again, and I learned a lot in the meantime, so maybe I get this working soon.

Maybe I'm using the new hook files or a custom module.

Ah, to answer your question, I used a custom module and withing the module folder is /includes/codebird.php and /includes/cacert.pm which is needed, too.

I'll let you know if I get this working, when I got time ;)

Hi guys

Really sorry for not replying to this topic - there are indeed a lot of issues since this module was released as I think Twitter auth has changed a bit since then.

I do have a local copy that's working better, but to be honest I think portions of it need a re-think now we're several years down the line. I'll try and dig out my newer code and see where I was up to but it's not right up there on my list unfortunately. In the meantime I'll get it de-listed from the modules directory as it's a bit annoying I think to be able to install a module only to find it doesn't work!