Processwire on 2 servers running behind a load balancer

mike131

Hi,

I currently have 2 servers behind a load balancer.

Each of these servers are running processwire, but there is an issue with files management (site/assets/files)

Each one would have a separate set of files depending on which server you "hit" when you make changes/upload.

Does anyone know of a good way to handle this without losing files?

Thank you!

You can make a master / slave configuration with continuous syncing from one to another.  For this to work you would have to make sure that admin traffic is only routed to one ("master") server. You could use rsync (which could be triggered by a module after onPageSave), the more "true" way as far as I understood is block level syncing. I don't know anything about this however.

Alternatively, you could for example mount one server's /assets/ folder into the other one. This makes sure you always read / write to the same dir. In this case, you should make sure in your application logic that the same information cannot be stored at the same time from different servers. You could also combine these two options.

• Like 1

Hello,

You might want to look at HAProxy. Here's a nice article on using it.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-haproxy-to-set-up-mysql-load-balancing--3

And this is an article on how to set up master-master Mysql replication.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-mysql-master-master-replication