Sign in to follow this  
BartekG

Password length

I didn't have time to look into the code, so I have to ask here: is there a limit for the password length? I'm using LastPass and wherever it's possible I use ridiculously long passwords. And so I did in PW for an admin password. After a logout I couldn't log in again. I managed to do that only after setting the pass to something shorter than 50-chars. I see no reason why the passwords could have been limited (as they're hashed anyway), so that totally might be something on my end (or LastPass). But, just in case, I thought it's worth mentioning here as a potential issue.

The length for the field "pass" is 128. You can change this, by going to Setup->Fields, then click on the Filters and activate "Show Built-In fields". Now you should see the field pass. The length of the field can be changed under "Input".

I agree with you that this limit might be set higher because it makes no sense to limit the password.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peter Knight
      I have a demo site which I moved to a new VPS for client testing
      We noticed that leaving a page open and then revisiting the site can result in a 25 second(ish) to load time and will then throw a 500 Error.
      The hosting guys had a look and confirmed that the server is fine but the issue could be related to authentication or sessions.
      We are running Page Protector and ProCache so I wondered if there were any known bugs here and any recommended actions.
      My actual PW log doesn't show anything but the server log has plenty of these

2018-12-06 08:14:00 Error xxx.141.1x.101 500 POST /who-we-are/ HTTP/1.0     1.58 K Apache access 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Warning xxx.141.1x.131   mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Error xxx.141.1x.131   End of script output before headers: index.php, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 09:03:18 Error xxx.141.1x.131   2614#0: *667 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream       nginx error Thanks
      P
    • By Marcel
      Hey all,
      I want to customize the mywebsite/processwire/profile page. It's almost all good but I want to get rid of the sections 'Admin Theme' and 'Language' so that the user can just set a new password. (see image)
      Do I have to modify the admin template or how can I do that? Because when I go tree>Admin>Profile there are no fields to add or remove.
      Or where can I find the php file?
      I would appreciate your help.

• By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      I'm trying to automatically redirect a logged-in user to a custom profile page using $session->redirect() and need to add $user->name to the redirect path.
      All my attempts appear to have failed:
      $session->redirect('/user-profile/')->name; $session->redirect('/user-profile/')->$user->name; $session->redirect('/user-profile/' . get($user->name . '/')); $session->redirect('/user-profile/' & get($user->name)); Can anyone point out where I am going wrong?
    • By alejandro
      Hello, after creating an array and assigning it to a variable in session:
      $order = array (); $order['token'] = 'token'; $order['product'] = 'product-name'; $session->order = $order; I try to insert another item:
      $session->order['price'] = 'price'; But it doesn't work: 
      Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ProcessWire\Session::$order has no effect in... Isn't possible to modify such session variable? I could build another array from the session variable, add the new item, and then store it again in session, but doesn't looks good.
      Thanks!