justb3a

Simple Contact Form

a need 2 different forms, how can i exclude a field in one form ?

i want to render a second form without the field "message", while i need this field in the first form.

Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to redirect to a specific URL after successfull submit, or if there's a workaround to get this done.

Regards!

@Victor So far, there was no way to redirect to a specific URL. But I've considered to implement this feature from time to time. So: there is a new version including an option to specify a redirect page :)

• Like 2

Hello again,

I've got a new problem. I'm trying to save the message sent as a page so I have "saveMessages" enabled. But when I go to the page I've only got 3 fields on it: Title, creation date and IP address fields. So I guessed that I shoul manually add the others fields in my form to this "simple_contact_form_messages" template, but even after this I'm not able to get the fields from my form populated on the page as a saved mesasge. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something?

I will appreciate any help! Thanks.

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that it's working now. Not sure what happened. Thanks anyway. Regards.

Edited by Victor
It's working now

@Victor 

On 22/03/2017 at 3:18 AM, Victor said:

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that it's working now. Not sure what happened. Thanks anyway. Regards.

^-^

Hello,

is it possible to "echo" the values of the fields that just were submited on succes ?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, ank said:

Hello,

is it possible to "echo" the values of the fields that just were submited on succes ?

Thanks.

Hello @ank 

I think with $input->post('field_name') where you want the fields to show up.

I hope it helps. 

I'm seriously struggling with a form

is it possible to redirect to a page after send, and still use the submitted fields.

what i want by example on the redirect page is:
IF answers on question1 = "yes" then echo "You answer was YES";
and this for several fields

Regards

@ank

you may try echo $input->post['field_optionselect']->title . Or you can do a var_dump($input->post['field_optionselect']) in your template. That will tell you in which format the data is there and how you can access subfields like 'title'.

For using field data  on the redirect page, youcould take the values of the fields and attach them as URL query strings to the redirect URL.

Dummy code

// in the template with your form process the fields from your form
$valueField1 = $sanitizer->text($input->post['field1']);
// send them to the redirect page as url querie strings
$session->redirect("yourredirecturl" . "?field1=$valueField1");
// in the template of your redirect page, you can now get the value
$valueField1 = $input->get['field1'];
// and then do with it what you want

• Like 1

Hey guys Im new to ProcessWire and I read that ProcessWire community is very active and very helpful! So I'll say thanks in advance! 

Now to the question part. :D 

I am little bit confused of how to properly use this "easy contact form". So I installed the module and no problem with that, added fields and settings through PW admin and use $modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render() to show the contact form on the page and no problem there as well. The form appears! 

1. The problem starts with the posts in this thread here... I read that people talk about a "easy_contact_form.php" template file that should be generated in site/template directory. Should it be generated manually or is it generated automatically? I didn't get that part because it is not generated in my case!
  2. Now how do I modify this form? (I mean css and html part...) I read about changing the markup and style properties in options but how does it exactly work? Is there a php file generated after you add the options that you can open later and modify the code? (I hope it doesn't sound stupid because Im not used to working with CMS's)
  3. Plus if I would like to add my own spam filer (for example recaptcha), then where do I do the changes in code? For exapmle the new invisible recaptcha is added to the submit button, so where can I get to the code where the submit button is generated? Or what is the proper way to do it?

I got this project from a client where I have a big system built on ProcessWire and it has been very tough for me to make sense about everything that has been done by previous developer (no documentation left at all). I have been reading and searching alot to help me get started from somewhere but I tell you guys that so far PW does not seem very beginner friendly. There are not alot of step by step tutorials and if I search for examples on some problems then all I find is code snipets without any explanation where to use this code... Here as well all of the post give some code and talk about fixing code parts, but where exactly is the code used seems to be a common knowledge to everyone. It would be great if there would be at least one exaple page with all the files and code necessary for a beginner to scroll through and make some logical sense about how stuff works. But all in all its great to see that there is this community here that work to improve this open source CMS platform. :)

Anyway hopefully nobody gets mad at what I wrote! Not ment to offend anyone! ;)

So yeah I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction, at least what to read or where to find good tutorials etc. 

Cheers!

@Slav

1. No template file needed. This is obsolete.
  2. Please read the following part of the documentation: How to overwrite classes and markup
  3. You need to hook into the module and add your filter there. Have a look at the following documentation part: Add custom validation

Hope this will be helpful, otherwise please let me know how to improve the documentation parts. Sorry, I have no time at the moment to answer more detailed ???.

@justb3a

Thank you for the quick reply! I will read the doc you provided. Ill try the hook part next. It looks that Im getting the hang of modifying the Markups and Classes. Takes time and trial/error to make it perfect, but form is taking the shape I was looking for.

About how to improve the doc... hmmm... Maybe add some extra descriptions about how Markup and Classes array creates content (or at least add a link to the documentation where it is already explained) that would definitely help complete beginners like me. :) You get the hang of it while testing but if you are novice like me then maybe some reading material would be useful. For example describe each part of the array, like the meaning or implementaion of {attrs} and {out}. I now understand how they work and a lot of people would say that its basic knowledge but sometimes it saves alot of time if the documentation is as detailed as possible... IMO at least :) It could save your time as well because I see alot of repeated questions in this post. So if there is enough information in Module documentation then you dont have to "waste" your time on repeated answers. ;)

Im going to be working with this Module for few days so If I see parts that are confusing I will try to think of a way to make it less confusing. :P

Anyway great job with this Module! You made alot of peoples life easier!

Cheers!

Hi again!

Is there any way to translate submitButton Text?

I mean like, according to what language is selected... In FormBuilder there is a place where you can assign submitButton text to different languages that are used on website...

Cheers

@justb3a

I did read the readme file... and I understood how to change the buttonText, but what I did not know was the ProcessWire way of translating (as I said before I'm completely new to PW). Now I know! Thanks! ;)

Simple Contact Form and Template Cache?

Hey all,

thanks again for this wonderful module. How can i manage my forms with template cache turned on? You will get an internal server error.
Respectively what has to be written in the post variables?

best regards

@maxf5 Please have a look at this post. Furthermore turning caching on could be complicated because the value of the hidden date field gets cached and this value is used for spam protection...

• Like 2

@justb3a Hi, could you or anyone please help me out? I have two issues to solve:

#1 I have a Select Options Filedtype in the form called scf_enquirytype. By using %scf_enquirytype% in the Email Message settings, I get the ID of the filed not the Title. Is there any way to get the Title instead?

#2 After successfully posting the form, the page is reloaded but my form – consequently the success message too – is at the bottom of the page, and the reloaded page starts at the top, so the message cannot be seen without scrolling manually to it. Is there any way to solve this? Eg. by jumping to an anchor placed before the success message? Maybe with the AJAX option I could solve it, but I do not really need the AJAX option this time.

Thanks in advance,

Hi

#1 Do not use the email message textarea in module settings, write your own using php and access the title as you 're used to.

0)

$emailMessage = file_get_contens('https://url/to/message.php'); // or include partial etc.
$modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render($array('emailMessage' => $emailMessage));

#2 Just pass an action parameter as option: 

$modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render($array('action' => './#anchor'));

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By teppo
      MarkupMenu is a markup module for generating menu trees. When provided a root page as a starting point, it generates a navigation tree (by default as a HTML "<ul>" element wrapped by a "<nav>" element) from that point onwards. If you've also provided it with current (active) page, the menu will be rendered accordingly, with current item highlighted and items rendered up to that item and its children (unless you disable the "collapsed" option, in which case the full page tree will be rendered instead).
      Modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/markup-menu/ GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/MarkupMenu Usage
      As a markup module, MarkupMenu is intended for front-end use, but you can of course use it in a module as well. Typically you'll only need the render() method, which takes an array of options as its only argument:
      echo $modules->get('MarkupMenu')->render([ 'root_page' => $pages->get(1), 'current_page' => $page, ]); Note: if you omit root_page, site root page is used by default. If you omit current_page, the menu will be rendered, but current (active) page won't be highlighted etc.
      A slightly more complex example, based on what I'm using on one of my own sites to render a (single-level) top menu:
      echo $modules->get('MarkupMenu')->render([ 'current_page' => $page, 'templates' => [ 'nav' => '<nav class="{classes} menu--{menu_class_modifier}" aria-label="{aria_label}">%s</nav>', 'item_current' => '<a class="menu__item menu__item--current" href="{item.url}" tabindex="0" aria-label="Current page: {item.title}">{item.title}</a>', ], 'placeholders' => [ 'menu_class_modifier' => 'top', 'aria_label' => 'Main navigation', ], 'include' => [ 'root_page' => true, ], 'exclude' => [ 'level_greater_than' => 1, ], ]); Note: some things you see above may not be entirely sensible, such as the use of {menu_class_modifier} and {aria_label} placeholders. On the actual site the "nav" template is defined in site config, so I can define just these parts on a case-by-case basis while actual nav markup is maintained in one place.
      Please check out the README file for available render options. I'd very much prefer not to keep this list up to date in multiple places. Basically there are settings for defining "templates" for different parts of the menu (list, item, etc.), include array for defining rules for including in the menu and exclude array for the opposite effect, classes and placeholders arrays for overriding default classes and injecting custom placeholders, etc. 🙂
      MarkupMenu vs. MarkupSimpleNavigation
      TL;DR: this is another take on the same concept. There are many similarities, but also some differences – especially when it comes to the supported options and syntax. If you're currently using MarkupSimpleNavigation then there's probably no reason to switch over.
      I'd be surprised if anyone didn't draw lines between this module and Soma's awesome MarkupSimpleNavigation. Simply put, I've been using MSN (...) for a number of years, and it's been great – but there have been some smallish issues with it, particularly with the markup generation part, and it's also doing some things in a way that just doesn't work for me – the xtemplates thing being one of these. In many ways it's less about features, and more about style.
      In MarkupMenu I've tried to correct these little hiccups, modernise the default markup, and allow for more flexibility with placeholder variables and additional / different options. MarkupMenu was built for ProcessWire 3.0.112+ and PHP 7.1+, it's installable with Composer, and I have a few additional ideas (such as conditional placeholders) on my todo list.
      One smallish and rather specific difference is that MarkupMenu supports overriding default options via $config->MarkupMenu. I find myself redefining the default markup for every site, which until now meant that each site has a wrapper function for MarkupSimpleNavigation (to avoid code / config repetition), and this way I've been able to omit that 🙂
      Requirements
      ProcessWire >= 3.0.112 PHP >= 7.1.0 If you're working on an earlier version of ProcessWire or PHP, use MarkupSimpleNavigation instead.
    • By Robin S
      Repeater Images
      Adds options to modify Repeater fields to make them convenient for "page-per-image" usage. Using a page-per-image approach allows for additional fields to be associated with each image, to record things such as photographer, date, license, links, etc.
      When Repeater Images is enabled for a Repeater field the module changes the appearance of the Repeater inputfield to be similar (but not identical) to an Images field. The collapsed view shows a thumbnail for each Repeater item, and items can be expanded for field editing.
      Screencast

Installation
      Install the Repeater Images module.
      Setup
      Create an image field to use in the Repeater field. Recommended settings for the image field are "Maximum files allowed" set to 1 and "Formatted value" set to "Single item (null if empty)". Create a Repeater field. Add the image field to the Repeater. If you want additional fields in the Repeater create and add these also. Repeater Images configuration
      Tick the "Activate Repeater Images for this Repeater field" checkbox. In the "Image field within Repeater" dropdown select the single image field. You must save the Repeater field settings to see any newly added Image fields in the dropdown. Adjust the image thumbnail height if you want (unlike the core Images field there is no slider to change thumbnail height within Page Edit). Note: the depth option for Repeater fields is not compatible with the Repeater Images module.
      Image uploads feature
      There is a checkbox to activate image uploads. This feature allows users to quickly and easily add images to the Repeater Images field by uploading them to an adjacent "upload" field.
      To use this feature you must add the image field selected in the Repeater Images config to the template of the page containing the Repeater Images field - immediately above or below the Repeater Images field would be a good position.
      It's recommended to set the label for this field in template context to "Upload images" or similar, and set the visibility of the field to "Closed" so that it takes up less room when it's not being used. Note that when you drag images to a closed Images field it will automatically open. You don't need to worry about the "Maximum files allowed" setting because the Repeater Images module overrides this for the upload field.
      New Repeater items will be created from the images uploaded to the upload field when the page is saved. The user can add descriptions and tags to the images while they are still in the upload field and these will be retained in the Repeater items. Images are automatically deleted from the upload field when the page is saved.
      Tips
      The "Use accordion mode?" option in the Repeater field settings is useful for keeping the inputfield compact, with only one image item open for editing at a time. The "Repeater item labels" setting determines what is shown in the thumbnail overlay on hover. Example for an image field named "image": {image.basename} ({image.width}x{image.height})  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterImages
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/repeater-images/
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello There Guys.

I am in the process of getting into making my first modules for PW and i had a question for you PHP and PW gurus in here.

I was wondering how i could use an external library, lets say TwitterOAuth in my PW module.
      Link to library
      https://twitteroauth.com/

Would the code below be correct or how would i go about this:
      <?PHP namespace ProcessWire; /* load the TwitterOAuth library from my Module folder */ require "twitteroauth/autoload.php"; use Abraham\TwitterOAuth\TwitterOAuth; class EyeTwitter extends WireData,TwitterOAuth implements Module { /* vars */ protected $twConnection; /* extend parent TwitterOAuth contructor $connection = new TwitterOAuth(CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET, $access_token, $access_token_secret); */ public function myTwitterConnection ($consumer_key, $consumer_secret, $access_token, $access_token_secret) { /* save the connection for use later */ $this->twConnection = TwitterOAuth::__construct($consumer_key, $consumer_secret, $access_token, $access_token_secret); } } ?> Am i on the right trail here or i am barking up the wrong tree?
      I don´t need a complete solution, i just wonder if i am including the external library the right way.
      If not, then give me a few hint´s and i will figure it out.

Thanks a bunch.

/EyeDentify
    • By dimitrios
      Hello,
      this module can publish content of a Processwire page on a Facebook page, triggered by saving the Processwire page.
      To set it up, configure the module with a Facebook app ID, secret and a Page ID. Following is additional configuration on Facebook for developers:
      Minimum Required Facebook App configuration:
      on Settings -> Basics, provide the App Domains, provide the Site URL, on Settings -> Advanced, set the API version (has been tested up to v3.3), add Product: Facebook Login, on Facebook Login -> Settings, set Client OAuth Login: Yes, set Web OAuth Login: Yes, set Enforce HTTPS: Yes, add "http://www.example.com/processwire/page/" to field Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates. On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked. Specify a message and/or an image for the post.
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, an access token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is utilized.

• By kongondo
      FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup and InputfieldRuntimeMarkup

Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-runtime-markup/
      GitHub: https://github.com/kongondo/FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup
      As of 11 May 2019 ProcessWire versions earlier than 3.x are not supported
      This module allows for custom markup to be dynamically (PHP) generated and output within a page's edit screen (in Admin).

The value for the fieldtype is generated at runtime. No data is saved in the database. The accompanying InputfieldRuntimeMarkup is only used to render/display the markup in the page edit screen.

The field's value is accessible from the ProcessWire API in the frontend like any other field, i.e. it has access to $page and $pages.

The module was commissioned/sponsored by @Valan. Although there's certainly other ways to achieve what this module does, it offers a dynamic and flexible alternative to generating your own markup in a page's edit screen whilst also allowing access to that markup in the frontend. Thanks Valan!

Warning/Consideration
      Although access to ProcessWire's Fields' admin pages is only available to Superusers, this Fieldtype will evaluate and run the custom PHP Code entered and saved in the field's settings (Details tab). Utmost care should therefore be taken in making sure your code does not perform any CRUD operations!! (unless of course that's intentional) The value for this fieldtype is generated at runtime and thus no data is stored in the database. This means that you cannot directly query a RuntimeMarkup field from $pages->find(). Usage and API

Backend
      Enter your custom PHP snippet in the Details tab of your field (it is RECOMMENDED though that you use wireRenderFile() instead. See example below). Your code can be as simple or as complicated as you want as long as in the end you return a value that is not an array or an object or anything other than a string/integer.

FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup has access to $page (the current page being edited/viewed) and $pages. 

A very simple example.
      return 'Hello'; Simple example.
      return $page->title; Simple example with markup.
      return '<h2>' . $page->title . '</h2>'; Another simple example with markup.
      $out = '<h1>hello '; $out .= $page->title; $out .= '</h1>'; return $out; A more advanced example.
      $p = $pages->get('/about-us/')->child('sort=random'); return '<p>' . $p->title . '</p>'; An even more complex example.
      $str =''; if($page->name == 'about-us') { $p = $page->children->last(); $str = "<h2><a href='{$p->url}'>{$p->title}</a></h2>"; } else { $str = "<h2><a href='{$page->url}'>{$page->title}</a></h2>"; } return $str; Rather than type your code directly in the Details tab of the field, it is highly recommended that you placed all your code in an external file and call that file using the core wireRenderFile() method. Taking this approach means you will be able to edit your code in your favourite text editor. It also means you will be able to type more text without having to scroll. Editing the file is also easier than editing the field. To use this approach, simply do:
      return wireRenderFile('name-of-file');// file will be in /site/templates/ If using ProcessWire 3.x, you will need to use namespace as follows:
      return ProcessWire\wireRenderFile('name-of-file'); How to access the value of RuntimeMarkup in the frontend (our field is called 'runtime_markup')

Access the field on the current page (just like any other field)
      echo $page->runtime_markup; Access the field on another page
      echo $pages->get('/about-us/')->runtime_markup; Screenshots

Backend

Frontend