justb3a

Simple Contact Form

224 posts in this topic

@Travo: Thanks for the PR, I applied it to the develop and master branch. If you want to use the module with ProcessWire 3.x, you have to checkout the feature/devns branch of the module.

2 people like this

Hi there,

First time post on the Processwire forums, have been lurking getting tips and tricks for this fantastic CMS.

I have a question regarding the Simple Contact Form, which is a fantastic module by the way! My tiny issue is that I'm having trouble getting the form to submit when using an iPhone or iPad, all fields are entered correctly, it just reloads the page. Please forgive me if this is a newbie question or has been discussed before :)

Hi @darcemac and welcome to ProcessWire!

I assume you're using ProcessWire version 2.x. If the page reloads: are there any messages that something is missing? If there isn't any hint at all, I guess the submission is treated as spam. Please check the simplecontactform log file to receive detailed information about what's missing. I know, this isn't the best behaviour and I changed it already in the new version supporting ProcessWire 3.x.

Hi @darcemac and welcome to ProcessWire!

I assume you're using ProcessWire version 2.x. If the page reloads: are there any messages that something is missing? If there isn't any hint at all, I guess the submission is treated as spam. Please check the simplecontactform log file to receive detailed information about what's missing. I know, this isn't the best behaviour and I changed it already in the new version supporting ProcessWire 3.x.

Hi @justb3a, 

Thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it!

There aren't any error messages, just a clean page refresh. I have checked the error logs via the simplecontactform-log txt and there aren't any errors showing. 

I thought it might be because the IOS versions were a bit old. I will look into updating to ProcessWire 3.x to fix this, just scared of breaking things :)

Cheers for your help!

I'm using this module with PW 2.7.2.

When submitting a form I get a success message but in the LOG file it says  [ERROR] Mail has not been sent to ... thus, the message is never delivered.

Note: I am running PW on localhost via XAMPP. Does this module work under this conditions?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Stefanowitsch said:

Note: I am running PW on localhost via XAMPP.

It's likely your problem is due to a XAMPP/sendmail configuration issue rather than the module. You can rule out the module by attempting to send a test email using PHP's mail() function.

<?php
$subject="Test mail";
$to="myaddress@somedomain.com";
$body="This is a test mail";
if (mail($to,$subject,$body)) {
    echo "Mail sent successfully.";
} else {
    echo "Mail not sent.";
}

I found I had to jump through some hoops to get mail working in XAMPP. Here are some notes I made for getting mail to send via Gmail's SMTP server.

php.ini
-------
SMTP=smtp.gmail.com
smtp_port=587
sendmail_from=myaddress@gmail.com
sendmail_path="\"D:\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.exe\" -t"

sendmail.ini
-------
smtp_server=smtp.gmail.com
smtp_port=587
smtp_ssl=tls
auth_username=myaddress@gmail.com
auth_password=mypassword
force_sender=myaddress@gmail.com

sendmail.exe
-------
Right click > Properties
Compatibility tab > Changes settings for all users
Run this program in compatability mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Tick "Run this program as an administrator"

Gmail
-------
The Gmail account must be set to allow access from "less secure apps"
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

2 people like this

Hi,

I installed  simple contact form module and Wire Mail Smtp module. they are working fine.

What i want to learn is

1- how can i use ajax? i tried example at the tutorial but not working on me. there must be something related with class names, i am not good at this.

<div class="content">
      <div class="container">
        	<div class="row">
				<div class="col-md-10 ">
                	<style>
							 #Inputfield_scf-website {	 display:none;	 }
							 #wrap_scf-date{  display:none;	 }
							 #wrap_Inputfield_scf-website {	 display:none; }
					</style>
                  	$scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm');
					echo $scf->render($options);
				  </div>
              </div>
        </div>
   </div>

this is my code

for ajax code

if ($('.js-simplecontactform').length) {
  $.simplecontactform($('.js-simplecontactform'));
}

and for php

<?php
if ($config->ajax) {
  $modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render();
} else {
  // html, header, nav etc.
  $modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render();
  // html, footer etc.
}

there must be some modifications to work this code. but i dont know how to do. 

my web site: https://www.sediremlak.com/en/contact/

2- second question is how can i use my own css for simple contact form?

is there a easy way to modify css? 

when i just put echo $scf->render($options); 

default options are rendering. is there a way to use instead of render function?

sorry for my dummy questions. i would be appriciate if any one help me.

@Kemal It's not that easy how to answer your questions best. It seems that you're missing some basic knowledge about css/js. I wouldn't recommend to write inline styles. I would suggest using a single css file (or put it in the header of the html file). You can include this css file after the bootstrap one, this way you're able to override styles and add your own. Addressing the elements using classes lets you change the css. This module doesn't add any css, it just outputs a html structure with some basic classes. You can change the classes / html structure by passing different `$options`. I don't know why the ajax call isn't working, I guess the click on the submit button isn't triggered. I would add some debug statements to the javascript.

Hi guys, 

Getting the following error: [FAILURE] Number of fields does not match. 

Any thoughts?

I have the following fields in Simple Contact Form settings:

scf_fistname
scf_surname
scf_email
scf_company
scf_enquiry

and in the message template:

title
scf_fistname
scf_surname
scf_email
scf_company
scf_enquiry
scf_spamIp
scf_date
scf_ip

I'm not however saving messages at the moment.

Thank you for any help

Look at your  anitSpamCountAdditionalInputs. I have not played with the version that is compatible for PW 3.0, but I run into this message often and usually its just an oversite of fields. Also in your markup, make sure you name fields match those in the template or else you will get that message.

1 hour ago, RyanJ said:

Look at your  anitSpamCountAdditionalInputs. I have not played with the version that is compatible for PW 3.0, but I run into this message often and usually its just an oversite of fields. Also in your markup, make sure you name fields match those in the template or else you will get that message.

Hey @RyanJ Where is this field/setting? I don't see it anywhere.

It may not be in the latest version, but if so, I am assuming it would be in the same place in the modules settings page at the bottom under Spam. By default there are 5 spam fields. From your list, you are missing a few (again, this may have changed in the latest version of the module). Glancing at the latest documentation, it looks like you are missing " scf-website " field.  

Also, check the names on your input fields in your markup. A typo could throw the error too I believe. 

Thanks for this info @RyanJ I haven't had chance to go over this as am just on another project, but will take a look later and see if I can get it working with your pointers!

First of all, thank you for this great module!!

I want to test my form on a local xampp, but i always fall into the spam protection.

Sorry, but your message didn't pass our giraffe test. Please prepare another blueberry.

Spam > Minimum Time and Maximum Time: is it in seconds?

@maxf5

Spam > Minimum Time and Maximum Time: is it in seconds?

yes. Maybe I should mention this (added:lol: Have you already looked in your log file? The detailed reason should be listed there.

@alexmercenary Which version of ProcessWire and SimpleContactForm do you use? There is no anitSpamCountAdditionalInputs in the latest version. In earlier versions you had to write the form/html on your own, now the module generates the form. So there is no need to specify this because you're not able to add more fields as needed. But I guess, you're not using the latest version?! EDIT: Found and fixed it!

On 2.12.2016 at 9:46 PM, justb3a said:

@maxf5

yes. Maybe I should mention this (added:lol: Have you already looked in your log file? The detailed reason should be listed there.

Ahhhh. thank you! my log said: [FAILURE] Number of fields does not match. IP: xxx

I had two fields for the email input ( one for confirmation ). deleted it, now it works fine :)

Installing the module on another site, i get the following errror message:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\**\**\site\modules\SimpleContactForm\SimpleContactFormConfig.php on line 125

ProcessWire 3.0.42

At which point do you get this error message? After clicking install? Or after submitting module configuration data?

It seems you choose an invalid field in the section `Select page name fields` (which shouldn't be possible, I tried different variants but cannot reproduce the issue). Are you able to reproduce this behaviour? Does the field you've selected have a field name and of which type is it?

Hello,

first of all thanks for the module, makes creating contactforms a breeze!

I have a just a minor question, is it possible to alter the markup of the submit button?

I tried it like this:

$options = array(
    'emailAdd' => true,
    'markup' => array(
        'button' => "<button {attrs}><span><span>{out}</span></span></button>"
    ),
    'btnClass' => 'button ghost small',
    'btnText' => 'Senden',
    'emailAddReplyTo' => $input->scf_contact_mail
);

But the markup part, wasen't applied to the form.

Is there a way, I know I could archive whtat I want also with css but I'd rather like to have consistant buttons.

Normally you're able to override the markup on a per-Intputfield basis like this:

'markup' => array(
   // @see: https://github.com/processwire/ProcessWire/blob/master/wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php#L44
  'InputfieldSubmit' => array(
    // any of the properties above to override on a per-Inputifeld basis
  )
),

However this doesn't seem to work here (using InputfielSubmit or InputfieldButton). But you can override the `render` function of class `InputfieldSubmit` (for example in `init.php`):

$this->addHook('InputfieldSubmit::render', function(HookEvent $event) {
  if ($this->page->template->name === 'contact') { // adapt template name to compare with
    $parent = (object)$event->object;
    $attrs  = $parent->getAttributesString();
    $value = $parent->entityEncode($parent->attr('value'));
    $out = "<button $attrs><span><span>$value</span></span></button>";
    $event->return = $out; 
  }
});

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, floridaDev said:

How does one change the page it's redirected to after submission. 

Just to be sure: You want to redirect to another page after successfully submitting the form data? This is not possible at the moment, but shouldn't be that difficult to implement. 

1 person likes this