Simple Contact Form

justb3a

On 07/01/2018 at 6:10 PM, justb3a said:

this is a really huge difference.. You could try to update version by version and always make sure to save module settings. Otherwise you could try to update the module settings json manually

Thanks for replying.  I tred updating the JSON manually to change allFields from a simple string to an array, which solved the initial problem, but then I got other errors with the scf-messages page in particular... I seem to have got my system into a proper mess so will probably need to reinstall from scratch.

One thing that puzzles me is that the documentation has changed a lot since version 0.2.1 - I can't see any reference to the scf-messages page at all in version 1.07 for example.

@dougwoodrow It changed a lot, for example in the initial version the module generated a template file, so that everybody could adapt the html (form) structure as needed. But it turned out that this led to a lot overhead for me to support it. Furthermore I lost the possibility to use the ProcessWire way of handling form inputs, setting error messages, validation, form processing and so on. Therefore I decided to generate the complete form and offer as many options as possible to be able to adapt the markup / classes. Saving messages is still possible – with the difference that you're able to define the `save-messages-template` as well as the `parent`. So handling multiple (different) forms  isn't a problem...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, 

I was wondering if it is possible to use an image field with the popular "Simple Contact Form" of @justb3a

When I tried I got the following error message (without even "uploading" an image):

Call to a member function path() on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\pw2\wire\modules\Fieldtype\FieldtypeFile.module on line 184

As I don't want to save messages on the server (so just sending an image), it shouln't be a security issue, I guess.

But is it possible to use an image field with the SimpleContactForm module? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Great module, Justb3a. It was easy to set up and get working, submitting to the same page without Ajax. Now I'm trying to do it with Ajax but something's not right: when I submit a blank form (expecting errors for required fields), the form disappears from the page without any notice (and without refreshing, so it's sort of working). Same if I submit the form with all the fields filled-in (I expect a Success message and no form, as without Ajax). I don't get any console errors.

I've included the simplecontactform.js and initialised it per the instructions. My contact-page.php looks something like this:

<?php
if ($config->ajax) {
	$modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render();
} else {
include("./includes/head.inc");
?>
<div class="row row-2">
    <div class="col">
        <?php echo $page->body; ?>
        <div><!-- if I remove this div, the entire .col div disappears -->
            <?php echo $modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render(); ?>
        </div>
    </div>
<?php
include("./includes/foot.inc");
} ?>

Am I doing something wrong here? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

hi all,

i've got some trouble submitting the form.
in the logs i've got a "Date difference is out of range" - notification, every time a form has been submitted.

i double checked all available and required fields.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

CF: 0.1.0
PW: 2.6.10

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'm revisiting this. I guess I need to echo the form when I use Ajax:

if ($config->ajax) {
	echo $modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render();
} else {

Now the form works fine with one exception: when I submit the form with required fields empty, ajax works and I get the red 'Missing required field' text, but when I submit a second time (with or without entering data in a required field), the page submits without Ajax (i.e., it refreshes). I suspect it's a jquery thing; any suggestions?

Here's the work-in-progress: http://bullocks-ley.strandoo.com/contact-us/. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

is there a clean way (not touching the module) to get fields labels instead of fields name in the email content text?

//Line 464
foreach ($this->allFields as $inputfield) {
	$message[] = $inputfield .': ' . $this->sanitizer->textarea($this->input->post->{$inputfield});
}

to something like this (not working...)?

//Line 464
foreach ($this->allFields as $inputfield) {
	$message[] = $inputfield->label .': ' . $this->sanitizer->textarea($this->input->post->{$inputfield});
}

thanks!

---

Amendment: Here's how I've approached to get this done, maybe someone else might be interested:

$message = array();
$message[] ='Some description...';
$message[] = '---';
$message[] = 'Name Surname: ' . $input->post->mail_name;
$message[] = 'Partecipa il 7 Luglio? ' . ($input->post->mail_option_01 == 1 ? 'Si.' : 'No.');
$date = new \DateTime();
$message[] = 'Date: ' . $date->format('Y-m-d');
$emailText = implode("\r\n", $message);

// in option array 
'emailMessage' => $emailText,

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 9:58 PM, szabesz said:

So you either have to downgrade to PHP 7.0.x or wait for @justb3a to update the module. You can "hack it" too, either by actually changing the module's code or you can try the "multiple copies of the same module" technique:

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-core-updates-2.5.14/

I never did the latter, BTW.

I had a vicious [] operator not supported for strings (line 133 ….) - problem, after casually upgrading the module. I could not access the backend anymore. I had PHP 5.6 running and tried out 7.0 and 7.1 without success. Then in my desperation I resolved to fiddling the module code (I have pretty weak PHP knowledge).  In simplecontactform.module, line 133 , I changed

foreach (self::$additionalFields as $f) $allFieldsExtended[] = $f;

to

foreach (self::$additionalFields as $f) $allFieldsExtended = (array)$f;

and at least I was again able to keep on working. But I don't know, whether the module is working fine now, as I have my contact form without module.

Might help some poor guy one day...

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question, as I wasn't able to find any answer over this tread: is the scf module capable of manage file uploads (therefore send email with attachments)?

Because my form gets error as soon as I attach a fileUpload fieldtype to the form, so no way for me to manage it

Much appreciated

On 6/14/2018 at 4:09 PM, Federico said:

Just a quick question, as I wasn't able to find any answer over this tread: is the scf module capable of manage file uploads (therefore send email with attachments)?

Because my form gets error as soon as I attach a fileUpload fieldtype to the form, so no way for me to manage it

Much appreciated

I've never used this module yet (so I don't know if that is possible or not), but as you didn't get any answer yet, you might be interested in my forms module: 

• 5 months later...

Hello,

how can I change the markup for my form from this:

Spoiler

<?php
$scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm');

$options = array(
  'markup' => array(
    'list' => "<div {attrs}>{out}</div>",
    'item' => "<p {attrs}>{out}</p>"
  ),
  'classes' => array(
    'form' => 'form form__whatever',
    'list' => 'list-item'
  )
);

echo $scf->render($options); ?>

to this:

Spoiler

<form method="post" id="contactform" name="contactform" class="contact-form" action="mail/contact.php">
                  <div class="col-md-6 margin-15">
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <input type="text" id="name" name="name"  class="form-control input-lg" placeholder="Name*">
                    </div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <input type="email" id="email" name="email"  class="form-control input-lg" placeholder="Email*">
                    </div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <input type="text" id="phone" name="phone" class="form-control input-lg" placeholder="Phone">
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <div class="col-md-6">
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <textarea cols="6" rows="7" id="comments" name="comments" class="form-control input-lg" placeholder="Message"></textarea>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <div class="col-md-12">
                    <input id="submit" name="submit" type="submit" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg pull-right" value="Submit now!">
                  </div>
                </form>

Thank you

R

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Great module. I'm having trouble submitting it inside of a slide in element. I have the form in a modal window just a overlay div that covers the screen.

Initially I have a div with a width of 0 that expands to 100% when you click a button.

When I submit the form the modal reverts to a width of 0. Not sure why I am submitting by ajax. I have changed the setting to so there is no redirect.

Can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again. Great module; I'm using it again and wondered about  this bit of code in your documentation:

$this->addHookBefore('Inputfield::render', function(HookEvent $event) {
  if ($this->page->template->name === 'contact') { // adapt template name to compare with
    $inputfield = $event->object;
    $inputfield->addClass('col-sm-8');
    $event->return = $inputfield;
  }
});

This adds the 'col-sm-8' class to every field input. How can I just single out a specific type of input to add a class to? Specifically, a <select> input. (I need the class for some jquery stuff). Thanks in advance. P

@strandoo

You can try this code

$this->addHookBefore('Inputfield::render', function(HookEvent $event) {
  if ($this->page->template->name === 'contact') { // adapt template name to compare with
    $inputfield = $event->object;
    if($inputfield instanceof InputfieldSelect) $inputfield->addClass('col-sm-8');
    $event->return = $inputfield;
  }
});

or this

$this->addHookBefore('InputfieldSelect::render', function(HookEvent $event) {
  //...
}

• 1 month later...

i’m using a page reference field (single page) in a dropdown select in my simpleContactForm. in the email I’m sending, the selected page is referenced by its ID … how can i email page->title instead?

i tried two routes:
1. simpleContactForm populates option values with page id’s, if i could replace these with page names; that would be a step in the right direction … but i don’t know how to accomplish this.
2. (preferred) the email I’m sending, outputs: %scf_select_event%, being the pageID … how can i change this to scf_select_event->title

hopefully someone can point me in the right direction
many thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/6/2019 at 1:03 AM, PWaddict said:

Did you figured it out?

Yeah, pretty much. It's not as clean as I would like it, but it works fine.

I discovered that it works fine if I include the necessary javascript in the $config->ajax part of my page, then it works as expected:

if ($config->ajax) {
	$scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm');
	echo "<div>{$scf->render()}</div>"; // if not enclosed in a div, my column formatting was getting lost
	echo "<script src=\"{$config->urls->siteModules}SimpleContactForm/resources/jquery.simplecontactform.js\"></script>";
	echo "<script src=\"{$config->urls->templates}js/main.js\"></script>"; // including the 2 scripts made it work.
} else {
	... // full page with contact form

The only downside is that every time the form submitted with missing required fields (i.e., to throw an error), the 2 script includes get added to the form section. This makes for redundant/duplicate scripts called. Not ideal, but it works. If anyone know why this happens – or a way around it – I'd love to hear it.

Edit: Looking at other sites where I've used this module, I realise that I only need to include the main.js script (where I have the $.simplecontactform($('.js-simplecontactform')); line). Also, if I put that <script ... main.js\"></script> line inside the <div>, it works fine without duplicating the script on every error.

Edited by strandoo
added info to improve post.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Forget about this it is working!!! It was my HTML class that was causing the problem.

Hello,

Im having some problems with sending forms, I tried everithing but the submit button wont work.

Im using this code.

<?php $scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm');
				$options = array(
				  'btnClass' => 'sc_button sc_button_style_filled sc_button_size_medium',
				  'btnText' => 'Po&#353;lji',
				  'classes' => array(
					'item' => 'sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over'
				  )
				);
				echo $scf->render($options);
				?>

The form looks great also the HTML5 "required" attribute is working when I click on a send button. But the button is just not sending or even giving me some error or something, It looks completely unresponding. Im using the same code on some other site and its working great.

My rendered html (view source) looks like this:

Spoiler
<form id="contact-form" class="form js-simplecontactform InputfieldForm" name="contact-form" method="post" action="./" data-colspacing="1">
  <div class='sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over field--required' id='wrap_Inputfield_scf_Ime'>

<label class='form__item--label' for='Inputfield_scf_Ime'>Ime</label><input id="Inputfield_scf_Ime" class="required InputfieldMaxWidth" name="scf_Ime" type="text" maxlength="2048" placeholder="Ime in priimek" required="required" />
  </div>
  <div class='sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over field--required' id='wrap_Inputfield_scf_e_posta'>

<label class='form__item--label' for='Inputfield_scf_e_posta'>e-po&scaron;ta</label><input id="Inputfield_scf_e_posta" class="required InputfieldMaxWidth" name="scf_e_posta" type="text" maxlength="2048" placeholder="e-pošta" required="required" />
  </div>
  <div class='sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over' id='wrap_Inputfield_scf_zadeva'>

<label class='form__item--label' for='Inputfield_scf_zadeva'>Zadeva</label><input id="Inputfield_scf_zadeva" class="InputfieldMaxWidth" name="scf_zadeva" type="text" maxlength="2048" placeholder="Zadeva" />
  </div>
  <div class='sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over' id='wrap_Inputfield_scf_sporocilo'>

<label class='form__item--label' for='Inputfield_scf_sporocilo'>Sporočilo</label><textarea id="Inputfield_scf_sporocilo" class="FieldtypeTextarea InputfieldMaxWidth" name="scf_sporocilo" placeholder="Vaše sporočilo ..." rows="5" data-maxlength="2048"></textarea>
  </div>
  <div class='sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over' id='wrap_Inputfield_scf-website'>

<label class='form__item--label' for='Inputfield_scf-website'>scf-website</label><input id="Inputfield_scf-website" class="InputfieldMaxWidth" name="scf-website" type="text" maxlength="2048" />
  </div>
  <div class='sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over field--required' id='wrap_scf-date'>
  <input id="scf-date" class="required" name="scf-date" value="1567806105" type="hidden" />
  </div>
  <div class='sc_form_item sc_form_field label_over' id='wrap_Inputfield_submit'>
  <button id="Inputfield_submit" class="sc_button sc_button_style_filled sc_button_size_medium" name="submit" value="Po&amp;#353;lji" type="submit"><span class='ui-button-text'>Po&scaron;lji</span></button>
  </div>
  <input type='hidden' name='TOKEN2006973179X1567790403' value='tOWWK6iZz7q6KiHRfdC90cq5Ko1wlbV7' class='_post_token' /></form>

Any ideas?

Thank you

R

Edited by Roych
Just figure it out It was my HTML ;)