Simple Contact Form

justb3a

Hello justb3a,

at the moment I try to build my first website with processwire and so I need a simple contactform.

I found your module and it works fine. But I have a problem to fit the module to my bootstrap form.

Can you explain me (i'm a beginner) how i can realize this. This would be wonderful.

Thanks and many greetings from Berlin

hello gebeer,

thank you for your response.

I tried to change it, but in the moment it is not so easy for me. To many new things I have to learn.

Maybe you can help me.

I tried to put the class: col-sm-8 to an input field. How can I do this? Changing the "item_content" in the class-array didn't work. 

Webbrowser:  <input id="Inputfield_scf_email" class=" required" name="scf_email" type="text" size="60">

Maybe you have an example for a correct array?

Many Greetings

Lena

Hi,

it seems that `item_content` only apply to inputfields of type InputfieldWrapper and InputfieldPage. 

If you use something like `_init.php` you can add a hook there:

$this->addHookBefore('Inputfield::render', function(HookEvent $event) {
  if ($this->page->template->name === 'contact') { // adapt template name to compare with
    $inputfield = $event->object;
    $inputfield->addClass('col-sm-8');
    $event->return = $inputfield;
  }
});

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

This module works great and I don't have any errors. I was just wondering if there is any option to send an e-mail with the data filled in the form in a template. So you receive at the end an e-mail with a logo and maybe more adjustments. Or should I add the logo in the module file to the message and maybe style it there too?

-EDIT-

My contractor haves an alias of a gmail account. So the e-mail adres looks like name@companyname.com but it is from google. Now I want to send the emails to that email address, but he receives nothing. Also not in the spambox. Is it possible that this doesn't work because the emailadress is an alias or is it something else? 

To present more information, the website I am currently working on was a few years ago moved from a hosting service to another hosting company. Now I noticed that the email in the current hosting application has the wrong records, but the e-mailadresses are still working and don't experience any problems, except for not receiving the contact form e-mail.

Does anyone know how this is possible, is it because the records are wrong (but emailaddressess still work fine) or is it a bug in the module?

Thanks in advance,

~Harmen

Edited by Harmen
Additional errors

• 2 weeks later...

justb3a, thanks for such a lovely script! :-)

This works perfectly with SimpleContactForm 1.0.0 on Processwire 3.0.42

<?php $scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm'); 
    $options = array(
	'btnClass' => 'button fit big',
	'btnText' => 'SEND MESSAGE!',
	'successMessage'  => 'Message Sent!',
	'errorMessage'  => 'Sorry - message send error!'
);
echo $scf->render($options); ?>

But if you just use this (without specifiying the successmessage) e.g.

<?php $scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm'); 
$options = array(
	'btnClass' => 'button fit big',
	'btnText' => 'SEND MESSAGE!'
);
echo $scf->render($options); ?>

The form processes (send) correctly, but the form output on the web page after sending is shown as:

<p class='form--success--message'>SEND MESSAGE!</p>

Showing the 'btnText', rather than the correct 'default success message'.

Have I missed someting obvious?

I've posted just incase anyone else is having the same issues.

• Like 1

For some sites the "spam message" might not be approprate :lol:

So I changed line 215 in SimpleContactForm.module to

$this->_("Sorry, but your message didn't pass our %s test. Please try another %s."),

and change lines 155 (& the following) & 172 (& the following) in \lib\SpamProtection.php to

$this->_('spam'),

and

$this->_('time'),

So the message will read " Sorry, but your message didn't pass our spam test. Please try another time. "

Thanks again @justb3a

@dab It's not that good idea to change something inside a third-party module (or, even worse, in the core). If you update the module, all your changes get lost.
I would suggest translating the values  – which will be inserted – with 'spam' and 'time'. You could also translate "Sorry, but your message didn't pass our %s test. Please try another %s." with "Sorry, but your message didn't pass our spam test. Please try another time.". Therefore I made them translatable. ^_^

• Like 1

Hello, Im having some problems with simple contact form styling. I tried everything but just don't get it. I went throu THIS pages but can't figure it out what should I actually do to make it the way I want. I tried and played with this but no success. Im not a coder but understand some ...

My HTML looks like this:

<form action="#" method="post">
		<div class="input-field">
			<input type="text" name="name" class="form-control" placeholder="Your Name...">
		</div>
			<input type="email" name="email" class="form-control" placeholder="Your Email...">
		</div>
			<input type="text" name="Phone" class="form-control" placeholder="Phone Number...">
		</div>
			<textarea name="message" class="form-control" placeholder="Messages..."></textarea>
		</div>
		<button type="submit" id="submit" class="btn btn-blue btn-effect">Send</button>
	</form>

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

R

hi roych,

you should be as clear as possible in your questions. you don't explain what the problem is. you could add screenshots how it is and how it should be. styling is usually done via CSS. answers depend a lot on your setup...

• Like 1

Sorry for not being clear enough. I would like to style my form created in  SimpleContactForm module. But I can't figure it out how from those instructions. Where and how should I change classes in my code.

expl.

My code for showing a form now, looks like this. 

<?php echo $modules->get('SimpleContactForm')->render(); ?>

this is giving me some basic style from PW. How do I change those styles so it would look like the form posted in first post?

I tried and played with this

$scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm');

$options = array(
  'markup' => array(
    'list' => "<div {attrs}>{out}</div>",
    'item' => "<p {attrs}>{out}</p>"
  ),
  'classes' => array(
    'form' => 'form form__whatever',
    'list' => 'list-item'
  )
);

echo $scf->render($options);

but can't figure it out how this should work. There is no changes no mather what I do ...  And where is the Style for submit button etc.?

I hope I was more clear this time.

Thank you

R

Edited by kongondo
Your question is about module that has its own support forum. I have moved your thread to that support forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've migrated a Processwire site that was running on PW 2.6.1 with SCF 0.1.1 to a new installation of PW 3.0.42 and after I install SCF 1.0.0 I'm getting the following error which breaks the admin:

Error: [] operator not supported for strings (line 131 of ...\site\modules\Processwire-SimpleContactForm\SimpleContactForm.module)

Line 131 of that file is ->     foreach (self::$additionalFields as $f) $allFieldsExtended[] = $f;

When I remove the [] from that line (which I don't suspect for a second is an actual fix, but at least makes the admin functional again) the module shows as installed and all of my previously created fields appear in red on the settings screen under "Select form fields". Is there something I need to do to those old fields? There's mention of upgrade notes on the first page of the thread here but none of the links work.

I haven't used this module, so not sure about those red fields, but I think the likely correct fix for the operator not supported issue is to to define $allfields in the additional fields at around line 65.

protected $allFields = array();

• Like 1

I can't figure the [FAILURE] Number of fields does not match issue at all.

I have 5 fields:-

• scf_firstname
  • scf_surname
  • scf_email
  • scf_company
  • scf_enquiry

PW ver. 3.0.33

SCF ver. 1.0.0

Any help greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

@Roych

Try this:

$scf = $modules->get('SimpleContactForm');

$options = array(
  'btnClass' => 'btn btn-blue btn-effect',
  'btnText' => 'Send',
  'classes' => array(
    'item' => 'input-field'
  )
);

$content .= $scf->render($options);

You need to set the placeholder in the field settings, go to Admin > Setup > Fields > Edit Field: xxx > Tab Input > Placeholder Text.
It's recommended to hide the label using css (label { display: none; }). People which have to use screen readers will reward you ^_^

Unfortunately it's not that easy to add the class form-control to every input field. There is no way to set it globally.
I would suggest using css to achieve what you want:

.input-field input,
.input-field textarea,
.input-field select {
  // your styling goes here
}

Otherwise you have to hook into every render function for every fieldtype you use and pass the class inside the getAttributesString function

@alexmercenary I found a little bug: The module uses a imaginary field named 'date'. Normally there is no 'date' field (naive assumption, I know) and everything works as expected. But if you create a field named 'date' for something else, the condition matches and the form has one more field than desired. The same counted for a field named 'ip'. I just released a new version 1.0.1. Please try if it's working now.

@Tom Walcher

On 24/02/2017 at 7:01 PM, Tom Walcher said:

Email is displayed as not valid, but it is. Turn yellow -> not sending...

How to turn off website and date? I hide it per css buts dirty…

The form just validates every field how it is configured in the field settings. If you want to have email validation, set the field type to email. If you want a field to be required, just check the corresponding checkbox in the field settings. Same counts for html5 validation.

Hiding the website and date field via CSS is not dirty. The website field is already of type hidden, so you just have to hide the corresponding label. The website field is intentional not hidden. It's a trap for spambot. Have a look at the documentation.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2017 at 3:40 AM, adrian said:

I haven't used this module, so not sure about those red fields, but I think the likely correct fix for the operator not supported issue is to to define $allfields in the additional fields at around line 65.

protected $allFields = array();

I would not recommend doing this. 'allfields' is already declared in the moduleConfig file. If you set it in the module file again, this value will be overwritten and if you render the form all fields are gone. ^_^

@Arcturus

On 23/02/2017 at 6:01 PM, Arcturus said:

Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of functionality's been lost and with the gaping documentation gaps this isn't going to work for me.

Feel free to optimise the documentation! Fixes and suggestions are very welcome!
A lot has been changed since version 0.1.1. I think, this is the page you were looking for, but this is no longer relevant. Because the module now renders the form by itself and no template adaptions are needed any longer. Did you try to render the form (frontend)? If not, please do so. There are some migration functions in the module. If you still want to use this module, please post the input of the column data from table modules where column 'class' equals SimpleContactForm. Furthermore some additional informations would be really good (save messages enabled? fields which should be added, ..).

• Like 1