Very first live Processwire site...

PhotoWebMax

I have been learning and experimenting with Processwire for a few months now. I have about five sites under development and its going pretty well for the most part.

I wear several hats professionally. Doing some real estate photography is one of my sideline businesses. Here is my site: http://seattlerealestatephotography.com/

I received a lot of help figuring out foreach statements, some of the PW API, building a gallery system and getting html fragments to behave. I simply could not have done any of this without some really great help from this forum.

Thanks!

PS: there are still some more refinements I need to finish but most of the site is ready to go (I hope...)

• Like 14

Yeah, well done maxwell, only gets easier from here...

Some great photos on the site. I've tried taking photos of interiors when trying to sell a house and yeah, it's not easy to get a good pic within limited space, I envy your skills and knowledge with the lens.

Hi PhotoWebMax,

well done, a very good first site. Just one thing: Why do you present yourself with a vintage camera as brand icon? You make technical brilliant pics, modern and straightforward. Imo the vintage camera icon leads in a completely wrong direction.

And, if SEO matters to you, may I suggest to review the site from a SEO perspective. Here is a good starting point with a lot of information: http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/de//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf It's from 2010 but still makes valid points.

Thanks All,

The vintage camera is an old Box Brownie, once owned by my grandfather who I never met. Its the only thing of his I have. The shutter is sort of stuck; that and the two round viewport lenses sort of resemble a smiling face, or maybe a dwelling? I don't know. I like it. 

I do plan on adding some SEO to the site. I have meta Fields added to my templates. I still need to add that content. When I set about registering the domain I was amazed that seattle-real-esate-photography was not taken. I now get pretty good first page search results based on the URL itself. But there is more I can do. Thanks for the link. 

I have not done any marketing to promote this site. One of my tasks now is to contact local agents in my area. There are a lot of them. This is mainly a seasonal business. Its a part time thing for me but I really enjoy visiting houses. In order to make this pay you have to work very quickly though. The worst part is travel time and traffic hassles...

• 2 months later...

At least you get to travel rather than being stuck somewhere under somebody else's nose all day!

Anyway, when you get a chance, definitely do buff up your site's SEO; that way you won't have to work as hard to promote your services to individual local agents, as they'll be coming to you.

Also on your Services page, the sample website link http://maxwellbalmain.com/housesample/index.html is giving a server error. Maybe fix that first.

Nice photography! Congrats on getting your site live, I hope it serves you well.

• 5 weeks later...