ProcessPageDelete

Nico Knoll

Hi Nico,

Module downloaded & installed, got confirmation for this.
Not visible in Modules, not visible in ModulesManager either
Delete button is there, but got Error: 'The requested process does not exist' after trigger.

Modul exists in site/modules/folder
What happend??? (PW 2.4 Master-branch)

It works with last dev ...

Edited by kixe

Hi Nico,

Module downloaded & installed, got confirmation for this.

Not visible in Modules, not visible in ModulesManager either

Delete button is there, but got Error: 'The requested process does not exist' after trigger.

Modul exists in site/modules/folder

What happend??? (PW 2.4 Master-branch)

It works with last dev ...

the same here...

Works great for me on 2.4.18

Sounds like kixe and mr-fam are actually having issues with it working on 2.4 stable. Maybe you guys could try an older version from Github. I thought it might be related to the autoload condition that was added a while back, but then the delete button wouldn't show either, so not sure. Not sure that it is worth Nico messing around too much though since 2.5 is only a week or so away :)

• Like 1

Nico - one thing I did notice is that if you uninstall the module and go to reinstall you get an integrity violation. At least for me, the Delete page that is added during install is not being removed properly, so when it goes to add it again, that causes the error. If I manually delete the page, then the re-install works fine. I haven't tested thoroughly and just heading out for the day, but might be something you can look into.

• Like 1

Nico - one thing I did notice is that if you uninstall the module and go to reinstall you get an integrity violation. At least for me, the Delete page that is added during install is not being removed properly, so when it goes to add it again, that causes the error. If I manually delete the page, then the re-install works fine. I haven't tested thoroughly and just heading out for the day, but might be something you can look into.

Hey Nico - I just submitted a PR to fix the uninstall problem:

https://github.com/NicoKnoll/ProcessPageDelete/pull/11

Just a matter of adding an "include=hidden" when looking for the page. I guess this is a fairly new issue from when you added the hidden status to the page when Ryan added the new "Tree/Find" submenus to the admin.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This is a great module (not sure why this isn't part of the base system functionality) -- thanks!

I'm on PW 2.5.3, and when I first installed this module everything worked fine. But after a little bit, I no longer see the "delete" buttons in the page tree. I unfortunately can't remember what I did between it working and not working (I'm building my first site with ProcessWire so a lot of creating and deleting pages, moving things around, trying out modules, etc.)... But I even tried uninstalling this module and re-installing it, but it still just doesn't show those delete buttons in the page tree.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Well, it appears that the module *is* working... it's just that the button doesn't show up on pages of the "admin" or "home" template.

Thanks for the tip @adrian... that is a cool feature (although not very intuitive... I didn't notice it until you specifically mentioned it... but maybe that's the point :)

On my install when I go to uninstall I get this error. Is there a way to manually remove this?

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'delete-3' for key 'name_parent_id'

You mean to manually remove the module?

You can use the API:

$modules->uninstall("ProcessPageDelete");

Or delete the module's row in 'modules' table in the db using phpMyAdmin or similar...

You might also want to make sure Admin > Pages > Pages Delete is gone - I think that is what you'll need to manually delete - the uninstall routine for this was broken for a bit, although it is fixed in the latest version.

• 3 years later...

There's a little gotcha related to this module: if you have it enabled on a late version of ProcessWire, it could break the language translation UI if one or more of your translation strings include the phrase "</head>". ProcessPageDelete inserts a script block in front of all of those, which breaks the scripts on the page.

None of such phrases in the core (by default) as far as I can tell, but it is found from some rather popular modules (Minify, FormBuilder).

Not sure if this module is even needed on newer installations – just happened to have it installed on a site I'm currently updating from 2.x to 3.x, ran into this issue, and thought I'd mention it in case it will save someone else a bit of debugging time :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teppo said:

Not sure if this module is even needed on newer installations

Of course the core now has the "trash" page list action, but AOS also has a great "delete" action implementation with an inline confirmation step.

• Like 2

Just now, tpr said:

Thanks @adrian, and in AOS there's also a "Add Trash action also for non-SuperUsers" feature that might come handy.

Yes of course - I forgot that the Trash action isn't normally available to non-superusers - thanks for the reminder.