Unknown Selector operator: '' -- was your selector value properly escaped?

Marty Walker

Hello,

Unknown Selector operator: '' -- was your selector value properly escaped?

I'm getting this error after I try to create new pages. I've tried deleting the parent page and starting over but to no avail. I don't have any field dependencies at all so I've no idea.

Edit: I've turned on debug and I get this when I try to edit a page:

TemplateFile: Unknown Selector operator: '' -- was your selector value properly escaped? field='membership', value='-levels', selector: 'membership-levels'<pre>#0 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Selectors.php(284): Selectors->create('membership', '', '-levels') #1 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Selectors.php(81): Selectors->extractString('membership-leve...') #2 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Pages.php(165): Selectors->__construct('membership-leve...') #3 [internal function]: Pages->___find('membership-leve...', Array) #4 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('find', Array) #6 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Pages.php(260): Wire->__call('find', Array) #7 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Pages.php(260): Pages->find('membership-leve...', Array) #8 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Pages.php(275): Pages->findOne('membership-leve...') #9 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldPage/InputfieldPage.module(206): Pages->get('membership-leve...') #10 [internal function]: InputfieldPage->___getSelectablePages(Object(Page)) #11 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('getSelectablePa...', Array) #13 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldPage/InputfieldPage.module(280): Wire->__call('getSelectablePa...', Array) #14 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldPage/InputfieldPage.module(280): InputfieldPage->getSelectablePages(Object(Page)) #15 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldPage/InputfieldPage.module(318): InputfieldPage->getInputfield() #16 [internal function]: InputfieldPage->___render() #17 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #18 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('render', Array) #19 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php(426): Wire->__call('render', Array) #20 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php(426): InputfieldPage->render() #21 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php(286): InputfieldWrapper->renderInputfield(Object(InputfieldPage), false) #22 [internal function]: InputfieldWrapper->___render() #23 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #24 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('render', Array) #25 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php(426): Wire->__call('render', Array) #26 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php(426): InputfieldWrapper->render() #27 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php(286): InputfieldWrapper->renderInputfield(Object(InputfieldWrapper), false) #28 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldForm.module(57): InputfieldWrapper->___render() #29 [internal function]: InputfieldForm->___render() #30 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #31 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('render', Array) #32 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module(163): Wire->__call('render', Array) #33 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module(163): InputfieldForm->render() #34 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module(144): ProcessPageEdit->renderEdit() #35 [internal function]: ProcessPageEdit->___execute() #36 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #37 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array) #38 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/ProcessController.php(204): Wire->__call('execute', Array) #39 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/ProcessController.php(204): ProcessPageEdit->execute() #40 [internal function]: ProcessController->___execute() #41 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #42 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array) #43 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/admin.php(85): Wire->__call('execute', Array) #44 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/admin.php(85): ProcessController->execute() #45 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeDefault/controller.php(13): require('/home/website/...') #46 /home/website/public_html/beta/site/templates/admin.php(15): require('/home/website/...') #47 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(169): require('/home/website/...') #48 [internal function]: TemplateFile->___render() #49 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #50 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('render', Array) #51 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/PageRender.module(356): Wire->__call('render', Array) #52 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/PageRender.module(356): TemplateFile->render() #53 [internal function]: PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent)) #54 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #55 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('renderPage', Array) #56 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(411): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array) #57 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(411): PageRender->renderPage(Object(HookEvent)) #58 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('render', Array) #59 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(172): Wire->__call('render', Array) #60 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(172): Page->render() #61 [internal function]: ProcessPageView->___execute(true) #62 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(389): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #63 /home/website/public_html/beta/wire/core/Wire.php(344): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array) #64 /home/website/public_html/beta/index.php(214): Wire->__call('execute', Array) #65 /home/website/public_html/beta/index.php(214): ProcessPageView->execute(true) #66 {main}</pre>

Odd. If I remove that "artist_membership_level" from my template I can edit the page. Add it back in and I get the error again. Delete that field and recreate it again and all is well. Really odd. Perhaps it's something to do with the way Migrator is importing the fields - not that I would know about such things.

Odd. If I remove that "artist_membership_level" from my template I can edit the page. Add it back in and I get the error again. Delete that field and recreate it again and all is well. Really odd. Perhaps it's something to do with the way Migrator is importing the fields - not that I would know about such things.

The problem is most likely in the settings of your "artist_membership_level" Page-field. Like WillyC there clearly pointed out. What I would check first would be the settings that define which pages are selectable for the field in question. See the screenshot I have attached, I have highlighted the area that I'm interested in.

post-2543-0-34460100-1414762064_thumb.pn

Hey Marty,

Migrator should handle Page field creation correctly - I was doing lots of testing yesterday with WP migration and the categories page field was working perfectly. The only caveat I am currently aware of is that the page field must have "Parent of selectable page(s)" defined to be included in the migration. I am planning on removing this limitation in the next major enhancement.

If you manage to test further and find that it is a repeatable bug with migrator, please let me know and I'll take care of it.

I will be offline for the next two weeks starting tomorrow, but will get to it after that.

PS Don't forgetwhen using Migrator you should use the Backup option when importing so you can easily restore if something doesn't go as expected. Also, please always check for the latest version - it has been getting lots of small updates lately.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Not sure if this was ever solved, but i just solved a 10 month old problem on a site where i had used migrator and finally narrowed down the problem - somehow the 'roles' field itself had lost the specification of the parent of selectable pages (since the roles field is a page field). So i couldn't view the users lister at all.

this was causing that exact error message; i studied the database for a while and then went in and enabled system field, and sure enough, the roles field had no parent page specified..

I will try an find my original post in the migrator thread, and mark that as solved at least..

Hey guys - sorry for the migrator issues here. I know that Macrura did a migration of pages with a page field that linked to users (I think that is correct). As I mention a couple of posts above, I think this is because of the way I have migrator grab and recreate the content of page fields on the destination site. Usually this isn't a big deal, but I need to change some behavior so it doesn't mess things up when linking to system pages like in this case.

It's on my list to sort out!

• Like 1

@adrian - hey thanks for checking in, i actually tried to locate that exchange we had but can't seem to locate it at all..

Yes - i tried to import users with migrator and something i guess went awry with the roles field; it was that all along, so no major database corruption or anything...

it's on a sort of a long-term build so it didn't matter that it was broken... hopefully tracking that down might help someone else coming across a similar issue