PW Bookmarklet

aren

There isn't a bookmarklet, and creating one would totally depend on the site where it would be used in. Would be nice, however, to create a general customisable code to be used with the "Pages web service" module http://modules.processwire.com/modules/service-pages/. Not a priority for now, but I might think of it later.

• Like 1

A bookmarklet is just a small javascript bit, executed as "url". Because of the max length of a url, this is mostly a small importer of a bigger js script file, which needs to identify/process in some way, what you want to post to your pw installation. On your site you need to have some point, which can accept, check and save the data send by the bookmarklet, which could be done with the previous mentioned service pages module. 

All together this shouldn't be to difficult if you used ajax before, as long as you don't want the bookmarklet to automatically determine, which content you want to transfer to your site. Maybe also looking at bookmarklets of other services could help.

Title of the page.

URL of the page.

Optionally the highlighted/selected text of the page.

I think those would be the base 2-3 fields needed to populate a PW entry.

I don't know a single thing about javascript, but would be a pretty handy tool.

As mentioned, it wouldn't apply to everyone. As not everyone would have the same field names or titles. But perhaps for a simple bookmark feature?!