Unable to change page template; limited list shown

Mike Rockett

I'm trying to change one of my first-level pages' template to something else (it's currently using a 'skeleton' or basic template of sorts, as I was working on the child pages first). However, it only shows three templates, when I have way more than that.

Is there something I'm missing as to why this is the case?

Although, the manual drag 'n drop sorting is not working for this page. I need to display the pages in a particular order in the menu, but the sort is not reflecting in my template. I'm using the following call:

$items = $wire->pages->find("main_menu_group={$menuGroup}");

Edit: I have made sure that the template's sorting option is set accordingly. Even swapped it around so that the sorting option would be defined on a per-page basis. Doesn't work... :(

Edit (again): I see that it works in my sidebar, which calls children(). But if I call $wire->pages->get('/')->children("main_menu_group={$menuGroup}"), it still doesn't work...

Ah!: Silly me, I assumed it was doing it recursively for some strange reason.

Gotta love it when this happens. Sit baffled for 20 minutes, open a forum thread, and solve the problem before anyone gets a chance to say anything. Ah well, as is life.  ;)

You're not the only one, did this twice last week. But maybe mark the thread as solved, if you found the answer.

• Like 1

Hey Arjen - that's brilliant! I've heard of the concept before, but never with a rubber duck. Always had someone to do it with - and they'd listen, just because they knew what my intention was. Now, I may just need a rubber duck. Or plenty of call-time to phone someone who I know is very bored. :P

• Like 1