MarkupSEO - The all-in-one SEO solution for ProcessWire.

Nico Knoll

11 minutes ago, adrian said:

Not sure - I fixed so many bugs I can't recall anymore ? Maybe have a read through my Github commits - it might note this, not sure.

ha - great work on this - love the PW community! ? 

I've tried dropping your branch of the module into one of the affected sites but it doesn't seem to have fixed it ?. Bit puzzled, as I'm almost certain things were working fine on all these sites previously.

• 4 weeks later...

Should I uninstall the previous one first?

Compile Error: Cannot declare class MarkupSEO, because the name is already in use (line 12 of /domain.com /site/modules/MarkupSEO/MarkupSEO.module.php) 
This error message was shown because: site is in debug mode. ($config->debug = true; => /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

Just now, Peter Knight said:

Should I uninstall the previous one first?

No need - that's just an error because PW doesn't like that I have added a .php extension to the module file when there is already a plain .module one installed. Just do a Modules > Refresh and you should be good.

1 minute ago, adrian said:

No need - that's just an error because PW doesn't like that I have added a .php extension to the module file when there is already a plain .module one installed. Just do a Modules > Refresh and you should be good.

Thanks Adrian. 

That looks interesting. So essentially, I have more customised SEO options on a page level. Thanks for the work on this.

I don't have the image field available yet. I might try creating a few other images fields and generally good around and see if I can track down the issue.

On 4/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, adrian said:

Actually @Peter Knight - you might try installing that version from scratch - I made several changes to fields and field types, so it might no longer be possible to simply upgrade from the old version.

I tracked down the culprit of the Image field not appearing in the Smart Image option of this module.

When an image field is set to Type=CroppableImages3, it is not recognised as an Images field.

Setting my Images field from CroppableImages3 back to plain old Image worked. Obviously, you then loose your CroppableImages3 function but this was just to prove a theory.

Not sure if this is something for you or @horst but just flagging here in case it's useful to anyone.

BTW, upgrading over the existing install seemed to work fine in general. It might be safer to install from scratch but that completely removes all my existing settings. I tried it on a development environment first. Phew!

Hi, I am encoutering a strange issue, everything is on my local server, but I can't the customs value to print on the live stage.
I have tried erasing the whole site and installed a fresh export profile, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the module, nothing works.
The data is in the db, so this either has to do with my server setup or a class import problem??

Anybody came across the same issue?
Thanks

4 hours ago, iNoize said:

Its still renders the keywords Meta from The older versions. How can i hide the Keyword meta ? 

I you sure the keywords are being generated by this module? As you can see, I removed all references to them: https://github.com/adrianbj/MarkupSEO/commit/d6d65af93127b88f63d328d61c55fa2544133342

Are you definitely using that branch of my fork? I guess I should probably merge that branch into my master now.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, adrian said:

I you sure the keywords are being generated by this module? As you can see, I removed all references to them: https://github.com/adrianbj/MarkupSEO/commit/d6d65af93127b88f63d328d61c55fa2544133342

Are you definitely using that branch of my fork? I guess I should probably merge that branch into my master now.

I had the old one also installed and the keywords were in the templates. Now it works great thanks 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Ace864 said:

I don't really get how this app should work. Can someone help me, please? I recently started a new blog, and I am searching for a less costly way to promote it.

Hello, 
ok so what is the problem ? Ill try to explain it short. 

1. Install the Module 
2. Create a Field called  "seo"  with the type of "SeoMaestro"    (Screen 1)
3. Edit your Template e.G. basic to add Seo field to the template which you heve created    (Screen 2)
4. Put the code in your head from the site.    (Screen 3)

echo $page->seo->render();

So i hope you can understand:). The other settings you can setup in the seo  field under the "Details" tab 

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all,
Not sure if if everyone has jumped to SeoMaestro these days but I'm still fond of MarkupSeo and it's still live in many of our sites so I've made a few small but important tweaks based on real world usage. @adrian I've just made a pull request with these changes to your fixes branch in case others find these changes useful:

Stopped canonical links from being able to inherit from parent pages:
Inherited canonical links could cause problems with search engine indexing whereby you're inadvertently telling Google your new page is the same as another purely because you (or a client) missed the canonical field.

So I think it is better for the default to be current page URL if the field is left blank rather than inherit the parent.

Implemented handling of relative URLs in the canonical field:
You can now use relative URLs in the canonical field for internal links. They will still render on the front end as SEO-friendly absolute URLs, but this way it is easier if you use different domains for testing or if you need to change the site domain.

(https://github.com/mrjcgoodwin/MarkupSEO/tree/various-fixes-enhancements)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Thanks @Guy Incognito I have merged your PR.

I have switched to using SeoMaestro, but to be honest I am not particularly happy with either of these modules - both have their issues for my way of working / thinking. It will be interesting to see what RockSEO brings to the table.

Thanks ?.

I will check out RockSEO. The thing that has kept us on MarkupSEO to date is the simplicity for implementation and also for clients. Combined with the changes you’ve made previously it’s pretty effective at doing what it needs to.

I’ll have a think if there’s anything else that can be done to improve it further.

• Like 1