MarkupSEO - The all-in-one SEO solution for ProcessWire.

Nico Knoll

It seems that opengraph tags require "property" instead of "name" in tags:

http://ogp.me/

Here is a quick fix (around line 330, added dynamic $attributeName):

// add "render"
$rendered = '';
foreach($pageData as $name => $content) {

// set "property" as meta attribute name instead of "name" if it's an opengraph tag
	$attributeName = strpos($name, 'og:') !== false ? 'property' : 'name';

switch($name) {
		case 'custom':
			break;
		case 'title':
			if($this->titleFormat == '') break;
			$rendered .= '<title>'.$this->parseTitle($page, $content).'</title>'.PHP_EOL;
			break;
		case 'canonical':
			$rendered .= '<link rel="canonical" href="'.$content.'" />'.PHP_EOL;
			break;
		default:
			$rendered .= '<meta ' . $attributeName . '="'.$name.'" content="'.$content.'" />'.PHP_EOL;
			break;
	}
}

Also, it's a good practice to add  og:image:width and og:image:height, this ensures the image is loaded on first facebook share (otherwise it's empty). Maybe the module could automatically add these too.

• Like 3

I get this strange error when I try to uninstall SEO module. Anyone an idea how to uninstall the module?

Recoverable Fatal Error: Argument 1 passed to ProcessWire\Fields::___delete() must implement interface ProcessWire\Saveable, null given (line 225 of /var/www/vhosts/domain.nl/httpdocs/wire/core/Fields.php)
Edited by kongondo
The module has its own support board. Moved your post here

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I want to follow up with this post here as I am having the same issue. 

In my case, I am converting a wp blog over and need to keep consistent urls by (removing /blog/) from url. I am following Ryan's methodology here.. All works great, but if I automatically include the meta in the modules settings, on my post template, all of the meta is showing up twice. If I manually try to echo the seo meta, then I get the undefined index that was mentioned in the first link I referenced. 

Anyone else experienced such?

SEE BELOW  :-[

Edited by RyanJ

• 2 months later...

I'm getting these messages on saving the module (PW 3.023):

Deleted field "seo_tab" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_title" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_description" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_keywords" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_canonical" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_custom" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_image" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_robots" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Deleted field "seo_tab_END" data in 0 row(s) from 0 page(s). [page-by-page]
 Saved Module - MarkupSEO (author, sitename, imageSmart, titleFormat)

Fields are removed from allowed templates. If I manually add them back, they are gone on next save. No idea what's going on here. I completely uninstalled the module, deleted the seo-fields, but no success.

• 1 month later...

Aside from the name vs. property issue with the Open Graph tags, it seems as though FB can be very picky about parsing og:image. It's easy to miss, because FB will infer the value based on other information on the page, but on a recent launch, in order to get it to "pass" the Open Graph Debugger, I had to add the following additional (supposedly optional) properties:

• og:image:url
  • og:image:secure_url
  • og:image:type
  • og:image:width
  • og:image:height

It would be nice if MarkupSEO was aware of image fields and would allow users to select the preview image from one. Then it could generate all of these additional properties automatically.

9 hours ago, Jason Huck said:

[...] in order to get it to "pass" the Open Graph Debugger, I had to add the following additional (supposedly optional) properties [...]

Just wanted to confirm this. I have never gone quite that far myself, but I've found out that Facebook will skip the og:image property completely unless you specify og:image:width and og:image:height with it :)

I suspect that adding width and height is probably sufficient for non-SSL sites, but in this case, the entire site is served over SSL, which apparently made secure_url required as well, even though a secure URL was already provided for the base og:image value. I can't point to any documentation in that regard, it's just what finally worked for me.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2016 at 0:23 PM, Nico Knoll said:

Nope it's already in the master so you should be able to use it. If it doesn't appear in "upgrades" I'll may have to adjust the version number :)

I'm running 0.8.7 right now and it doesn't seem like you can specify on a Index, noindex, follow, nofollow etc on a page by page basis.

These setting should be showing up on the SEO tab of any page, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015 at 7:54 PM, Nico Knoll said:

Have you added this to GitHub already? I know there a couple of other open issues on Github but when I find the time to work on that module I will start with the github issues :)

Hi @nico

Did you ever get a chance to look into this?

To be able to specify a NOINDEX or NOFOLLOW on a page by page basis would be great. I know the original request on GitHub is quite old but it's still a feature that IMHO would really enhance the Module.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I having some trouble with this SEO module. 

I've installed this module on a site using Processwire 3.0.33 and the module is working fine. However I then installed the same module using the same method (through the Class Name) on two others sites. The first one being version 2.7.2 and the other using version 3.0.33. Both sites successfully installed the module but do not seem to be overwriting the page titles.

Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 months later...

Hi

I installed this module and it worked fine. But yesterday I upgraded the Processwire in version 3.0.44 (older was 3.0.42).

Since this action I had this error on page rendering : 

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /processwire/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/MarkupSEO/MarkupSEO.module on line 127

On line 127  : $dataRendered = $this->page->seo->render;

I lost $this->page->seo !

Any Idea ?

Thx

• Like 1

I'm glad you brought this up.

One of my sites visibility on Google tanked a few days / weeks ago and I finally tracked it down to this.

Since upgrading to 3.0.45 the following no longer outputs any META Tags

<?php echo $page->seo->render;?>

Keen to hear other ideas etc I'd consider this critical :(

• Like 1

I noticed that 3.0.42 works with this module but there is some odd-ness when

1. ProCache is installed and enabled
  2. MarkupSEO auto injects the Google Analytics code
  3. Some minify HTML options are ticked

I'm wondering if ProCache is choking on MarkupSEOs injection of the following when it tries to minify it

<!-- Google Analytics --><script>
	(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
	(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
	m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
	})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXX-X', 'auto');
	;
	ga('send', 'pageview');</script> <!-- End: Google Analytics -->

I can't quite pinpoint it but disabling all Minify HTML option works. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I noticed what I think is a bug.  It seems like MarkupSEO doesn't respect the "Should page URLs end with a slash?" template setting.  I don't like having the trailing slash on the end of my urls.

I noticed MarkupSEO outputs the following:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://mywebsite.dev/support-us/donate/">

When the actual url of the page is http://mywebsite.dev/support-us/donate

Hello I need to put in google-site-verification meta tag in my head but it leaves me (show on frontend) the closing tag " /> should I put this in SEO module somewhere or.

My meta looks like this.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="<meta name="google-site-verification" content="WIERD-GOOGLE-NUMBER" />" />

How can I do this right, thank you

R

Ignore, It was wrong copy paste and pressure from a client, lol ;) Fixed!!

R

• 5 months later...

Hi!

I got a little issue with this really great module:

I wan't to use the "smart description" option for a field that contains pretty lot of text.
Is there a way to shorten/strip this text down to 160 characters?
Otherwise the "smart description" make not much sense for me ...

Or is there a workaround for this issue?

Thanks!

Sorry, i ask again.

Is there a way to avoid the modul to output the description tag, if the SEO description field is empty?
I could in this case output the shortend text of my textfield manually.

Or is there another way?

Thanks for your answers!

I guess you could check $page->seo->description and if it's empty, set it to your likings, eg. in ready.php or in your template php file (latter untested).

if($page->seo_description === "") {
	$page->seo_description = 'whatever';
}