relating pages for reviews

patrickvibes

I'm trying to get my head around an approach for the following:

I have multiple pages as listings with details.

I want to create a front end page submission for for registered members to post "reviews" on the listings - I want to build various fields (as integers) for rating stars that I will handle on the front end and also allow a comment.

I know form the back end I could use a "Page" fieldtype which would keep the data nicely organised where I can see child nodes as review of a listing however reviews will be submitted front end so the review form will enter the listing id in a hidden field and I will lookup all "reviews" where id = listing id of current page.

any advice?

I not that familiar with Form Builder but this (the review entry part) does sound like something that Form Builder would handle nicely, without requiring you to do a lot of front-end coding. It allows to save the form submission (a review) to PW pages. I'm sure there are ways to store the listing id in a hidden field, so that you could do a pages->find easily to get all the reviews for a specific listing.

If you are comfortable doing some coding you could also quite easily make the form and submission logic yourself using some PHP and the PW api.

I'm not sure where the comments belong? A comment on a review or a comment on a listing? Anyways, comments are available in PW (core).

For ratings there is http://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-ratings/ you could look at.

Hi SiNNuT

Thanks for the reply - I'll have a look more into the form builder module, thanks for the heads up. 

Comments would form part of a review. Reviews are based on objective quantifiable ratings and also offer a subjective / open comment - so in short a review consists of various integers and a text area for the comment. I'm not planning on allowing comments on comments within a review.