Upgrade to 2.5 internal (500) server error

icreation

After upgrading from 2.3 to 2.5 on a site I have a 500 internal server error.

All file permissions and ownership settings seem correct.

I changed out the 'wire' directory and replaced the .htaccess and index.php files.

Also I added a line to site/config.php 

$config->httpHosts = array('acarchitects.biz', 'www.acarchitects.biz');

I have had to revert back to the original version meantime.

Is there anything that might have been missed?

I have some questions but first I'd like you to enable debug-mode in your site/config.php ($config->debug), then try again and post us the result. If you still get the same page (which I'm hoping you don't), could you answer these questions

1. Are you able to access the web server's error log? If yes, please post the error here
  2. Do you have something in site/assets/logs/error.txt? If yes, please post the error here
  3. Do you get that on the frontend of your site, or when trying to access the admin-site?
  4. What modules do you have under site/modules?
  5. Could you post us the result of <?php print_r(get_loaded_extensions()); ?> (or `php -m` if you can access a shell)? 
  • Like 2

Hey thanks for that. Never knew to check the error log. It was a module that needed to be updated. I reverted to 2.3 version, uninstalled the module and then replaced the 2.5 files. Works now. Thanks for the prompt response, appreciated.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for that. Never knew to check the error log. It was a module that needed to be updated. I reverted to 2.3 version, uninstalled the module and then replaced the 2.5 files. Works now. Thanks for the prompt response, appreciated.

That's great to hear - no problem at all :)