verifying pagetreestructure before start project

mr-fan

Hi guys,

just wanna ask a simple question and may i get a ok from some experienced guys or a no-way - that helps me to avoid trashing to much time.

For now i love PW - and build some easy websites - but i've a real webapp on the desk that screws "i wanna go live".

Since i'm working in a NGO for farmers that share manpower and maschines together and we did the clearance for this special kind of service.

So we wanna build a webapp where clients could send us records online.

Long words short sense.....

I've read kongondo's tutorial about structuring (even with colors) but anyway i wanna ask if i'm on the right track.

Visible Pages (Frontend):

Home (with login for different roles)

->role/login ngo-admin

-Website (App) for the NGO (who gets records)

--Dashboard

--Settings

--Import/Export (get the records)

->role/login agent/company

-Website (App) for the companys/farmer (who sets records)

--recording (choose some refered clients, choose refered services add values and save)

--clients (partners from the farmers / remitter)

--maschines/service

--settings

--send/sync (or more a clearing for the ngo admin)

Cats and Dataschema:

--NGO's (may this solution would used from other district offices, too)

---district one

---district two

--Companys / Agents (Farmers as agents that do work or rent a maschine) ->special one project can have several firms

---agent one

---agent two

... (pagefield for related clients of this agent, settings, reference for records...)

--Clients / Firms (here all firms available all farmers with theire companys even the related firms that linked under companys/agents)

---client one

---client two

... (adress and other relevant stuff, reference for records...)

--Maschines/Services

---service one

---service two

--Records

---record one

---record two

... (specific data, reference on ngo, project and client)

May you get the idea - it's not so easy if clients of clients have clients, too ;)

regards mr-fan

Edited some definitions for a better reading.

The NGO setup the projects for the agents that assign what clients/firms has a agent to choose and the clients/firms for that he works. And get the records for clearance like with manuel printed delivery order's.

The Agent can record his works and commit them.

The client/firm has no login and it is only the data that is used by the agents like "contacts" or "remitter".

Would be a kinda like an odermanagement but with not only two parties......

Edited by mr-fan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SwimToWin
      Skip the "Add New" dialog page on Page Tree and elsewhere and go directly to the resulting page that shows all page fields right away. Page creation is now improving from being a two-step to becoming a one-step process.
      Scenarios:
      When only one Template can be selected: Skip the intermediate "Add New" dialog page by adding a GUID or other temporary page name that is later renamed. Show the final editing page so user can start editing all fields right away On Save: Page name is renamed with title When multiple Templates can be selected: Ask user to select Template on clicking New (before leaving the Tree Page). Then use the "one Template" flow above. (I am aware why the Page Name is needed.)
    • By thmsnhl
      Hi everybody,
      we started our first Processwire driven project in my new company and for the first time, I was working on one site with more than 2 colleagues on the same site.
      It didn't take long for us to stumble across some problems when multiple developers work at the same time, conflicts with updating the database on vagrant machines, like duplicate entries for page IDs, errors when setting up fields and stuff like this. We ended up working on a dedicated database server, that we linked to our vagrant machines and most of the problems were gone, but the performance of this constellation is really bad compared to our first approach with database running on vagrant machines.
      I already tried to find a solution in the forums but I couldn't find anyone with problems like this.
      So I was wondering: how do you manage projects with multiple developers on vagrant machines in a git-based workflow?
    • By benbyf
      Hi,
      Been updating fields on a live site from my dev site to get them in synch and I noticed repeater pages visible in my pagetree on teh live site. What might I have done to have this happen? The repeater module was enabled on both sites.

• By awesomolocity
      Alright. So I'm converting a site I already have to Processwire (really enjoying it so far!). I wanted to convert the previous tables that I had data in to Processwire pages. But I'm wondering what the optimal way to structure pages would be.

So basically, I have three main tables.
      Users (and all accompanying information)
      Items (and all accompanying information)
      Aquariums (each user only has 1 aquarium. Currently, user_id is a FK)
      Fish (type of item. Aquariums may have multiple fish)
      Aqua_settings (Things like lightness, temperature, etc)

So in my current setup, there are a lot of Foreign Keys. I could accomplish essentially the same thing by using the Page Reference field.
      Alternatively, I could make fish and aqua_settings both be children of Aquarium. I could differentiate by doing $aquarium->children('template=aqua_settings'); or something.

So my question is...should I be using the Page Reference field or structuring the pages as children? (Or are both equally fine depending on how I want to go about doing things)
    • By Martin Muzatko
      Hello! I am using ProcessWire for a good three years now already, and I am really happy with the flexibility it provides.
      There is one thing though that bugs me. For a recent project, I need lots of templates.
      I already have a site/templates folder polluted with a package.json, yarn.lock, node_modules, errors, .eslintrc, .git and my entire build setup.
      And I thought: OK - when I am forced to use site/templates for templates, is it actually correct to put all my javascript, styles, components, functions, classes also there? I mean, at least this is what the default theme encourages (they put styles there also)
      I read into other posts covering this topic about having a sub folder for templates. Because even with the non-template files stored somewhere else, the template files are still too many. Unfortunately, they also discovered that this is not possible:
      Sub Directories for Templates
      Should all template files put under site/templates folder
      What are your ideas?
      I already thought about having a page field, that defines the template path from a dropdown, but with this I would only reinvent an already almost working wheel.
      Thank you for your inspiration.

Best,
      Martin