PascalKonings

PW 2.4, role/permission not displaying copy button in tree

Hi,

in PW 2.4.0 I have setup a role "publisher", containing the permission to Clone a page and Clone a tree of pages.

All Permissions for this role:

• Delete pages
  • Edit pages
  • View pages
  • User can update profile/password
  • Clone a page
  • Clone a tree of pages

The user that is being set to publisher should then be able to view and edit, but also clone a page or tree of pages.

Within the templates' Access tab, I have selected the publisher role to be able to:

• VIEW PAGES
  • EDIT PAGES
  • CREATE PAGES
  • ADD CHILDREN

Am I missing a "CLONE PAGES" option here?

On the family tab, I have set "Can this template be used for new pages?" to "Yes".

For some (for me) unapparent reason, I do not have the option to copy a page from within the tree, the button is missing, even though the template and role/user seems to be setup properly.

How can I get this to work?

Kind regards,

Pascal

Just a guess - is it possible that the access control settings on the parent template don't allow the publisher role to create children?

Does it work as expected for a superuser?

• Like 1

Thanks Adrian, your suggestion made the difference! 

I indeed had not set the parent template correctly. Apparently the underlaying templates inherited those settings. 

Updating the parent template to add children and create pages then displayed the "copy" button in the tree :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zaib
      I've a simple scenario, i want to add two users "content_creator" & "content_publisher"
      content_creator can add new pages,edit them(only edit not publish) and view only where content_publisher can publish the unpublished pages after reviewing.

Thank you.
    • By mcwhitey
      Hi,
      How can I display, on every page of my site, what roles can view that pages template, based on what is checked in settings>templates>template-name>ACCESS TAB?
      I've only gotten as far as displaying the name of the current template: echo $page->template->get('name'); But I'm stuck here. Tried things like $page->template->get('permissions'); but I guess it's a bit more complicated than that.
      Hope someone van point me in the right direction.
      Cheers.
    • By SwimToWin
      In my world, Super Users / Editors should only be able to work with Pages and administer users.
      Everything else is the domain of the web master. The purpose is to prevent technically inexperienced editors from destroying core elements of a site, such as fields and templates.
      That leaves me with the question, how to deny Super Users access to Setup, Modules and Roles / Permissions?
      PS: May I also suggest that it shall be possible to set Permission for each of the main menu items - including their sub-menu items.

• By tonicastillo
      Hi
      I need to change home page of my one page site. Not only the template, but also content.
      Actually page tree is like this:
      Actual home New home I would like to move "New home" to root, and delete "Actual home". I thank this would be easy to do, but I don't know how. Two templates allows to have children.
      Thanks a lot, (and excuse my english)
      I love PW!
      Toni Castillo
    • By pleini
      Hello,
      i am currently trying to restructure my user roles. I want to create a User that can create/edit/delete pages, and can create/edit/delete fields and templates, but can not create/edit/delete users. As far as i see the is no specific permission for users, fields or templates. As i saw only superuser can edit templates and fields currently.
      Have i overseen something or is it not possible with the default rights management to create a user with those permissions?