Module: FieldtypeTime & InputfieldTime

netcarver

I've just posted a Fieldtype and Inputfield module combination that support the use of MySQL time fields in ProcessWire. Ryan's Datetime module is great but I needed something that dealt specifically with times for a scheduling system and this is one of the results.

FieldtypeTime_001.png

FieldtypeTime_002.png

For 24 hour clock format ('HH24MM') you now get a clock-picker pop-up by default...

2015-02-12-02.png

...but you can inhibit it if you don't want it...

2015-02-13-01.png

Although the input time format is selectable, as this is stored as a MySQL time field, you currently need to specify values in selectors in full "H:MM:SS" format. So if you wanted to get all events starting on or after 9am you'd do something like this...

$events = $pages->find("template=events, starts>=9:00:00")->sort("starts");

This is definitely a beta module as I've not tested every single input format yet.

Currently does not support negative time-periods or fractions of a second.

FieldtypeTime on Github

FieldtypeTime in the Module Repository 

Releases

Version 0.2.0: Adds support for the use of this input field in repeaters and repeater matrix types.

Version 0.1.0: Adds clock picker.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@gebeer

Thank you for the feedback - glad this is working for you. For this Inputfield I deliberately wanted to have a way of quickly entering things from the keyboard but I do appreciate that some folks might want a way of adding a JS picker to this. When I'm less busy with my current project I'll look at re-visiting this to add one. If anyone else has additional suggestions for a candidate time-picker, please drop a note below. 

• Like 1

@netcarver

here are some more timepickers that I was looking at when trying to quickly implement one with your field:

https://fgelinas.com/code/timepicker/ : this one is based on jQuery UI

http://jdewit.github.io/bootstrap-timepicker/ : personally, I like this one best, but it relies on Bootstrap and I couldn't get it to work with BS 3 and with other date fields present in the same form

http://weareoutman.github.io/clockpicker/jquery.html : funny picker looks like a clock

http://amsul.ca/pickadate.js/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Beluga,

Do you need a configurable value or just a blank as a default?

Blank by default would be the best as it's in line with how Datetime behaves. Configurable is fine by me, though, if you have a usecase for populating by default.

• 2 months later...

I updated my site from 2.5.2 to 2.6.3 with the ProcessUpgrade Module.

When updating InputfieldTime (also through ProcessUpgrade Module) I got a worning that it is not compatible with 2.6. I went ahead anyways to see what will happen.

After upgrade I got 2 Warnings:

ModulesDuplicates: There appear to be multiple copies of module "FieldtypeTime" on the file system. Please edit the module settings to tell ProcessWire which one to use:FieldtypeTime
ModulesDuplicates: There appear to be multiple copies of module "InputfieldTime" on the file system. Please edit the module settings to tell ProcessWire which one to use:InputfieldTime

and a message:

InputfieldTime was updated successfully.

Button: Continue to module settings

In the module settings I got:

There are multiple copies of this module. Select the module file you want to use.

/site/modules/InputfieldTime/InputfieldTime.module (the new one after update)
/site/modules/PW-FieldtypeTime/InputfieldTime.module (the old one)

I chose the new one.

Then I did the same for Fieldtype Time module.

Everything seems to be working fine with 2.6.3

Just wanted to let you know.

@Beluga, @Juergen

Thanks for pressing me on this. I've just been testing this in PhpMyAdmin and there seems to be a problem with trying to set a blank value to MySQL time fields; MySQL itself sees the blank as an invalid time and sets it to '00:00:00'. There is some more detail about this in the MySQL Time type manual page. Here's a quote from the linked manual page...

Illegal TIME values are converted to '00:00:00'. Note that because '00:00:00' is itself a legal TIME value, there is no way to tell, from a value of '00:00:00' stored in a table, whether the original value was specified as '00:00:00' or whether it was illegal.

You could setup your own test table with a TIME field and try it yourself. Please let me know if you find a workable solution and I'll try and work it into the module. At this point in time I'm not sure how to prevent PW from trying to save a blank value into the DB if nothing is entered in the Inputfield.

• 11 months later...

I'm using Netcarver's FieldtypeTime module and I'm trying to sort results by time (in 24hr format hh:mm) but the following doesn't seem to work. My time field is fde_racetime.

foreach ($page->children("fde_date>$todaysDate,sort=fde_date,sort=fde_racetime") as $alldays) {
    foreach ($alldays->fde as $entry) {
      if ($entry->fde_declared == 1) {
        $section_main .= showFDE($alldays, $entry);

}
    }
  }

Would I need to create a specific sort condition?

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-time/

Edited by kongondo
Moved: For modules that have support forums, please post such questions in their respective forums

Hello Pete,

I'm trying to sort results by time (in 24hr format hh:mm) but the following doesn't seem to work.

Just to clarify; are you getting a non-empty, but incorrectly sorted, result set for that selector?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Steve

When i use this field in the profields repeater matrix, the clock picker no longer works.

But outside of the repeater matrix, it works fine.

Within the repeater, we do not get <script type="text/javascript">$('.clockpicker').clockpicker();</script> added. I guess that  is the cause.

Any ideas what could cause that and how we can get it to show up?

Cheers