Module: FieldtypeTime & InputfieldTime

netcarver

@Zahari Majini

It appears to be the same issue as reported here. For now, you can work around it by changing the settings for your repeater matrix to the following...

timepicker-02.png

Not the most satisfactory of results. Note, doesn't work well enough if you simply switch the Ajax option to off as the picker appears on all the fields as soon as you open the owning entry.

• Like 2

Hi Steve

Thanks so much again for looking into this. Unfortunately after trying the dev version, i think it's made things worse. At least for me. The clock picker has now stopped working on both a "normal simple" page and within a repeater matrix. Replacing it with the previous main one restored back the clock picker on the "normal" page....

@Zahari Majini

Ok, that's unexpected. My local install (3.0.36) has it working in normal contexts as well as repeater-matrix contexts. Did you overwrite the InputfieldTime.module file with the new one?

Any chance you can PM me login details to allow me to try and trace what is happening on your installation?

Regards, Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve

Actually the site is on local host in MAMP Pro.

I will upload it to a live site over the weekend and pass you the login details so you can have a dig!

But now that you mention it mine is 3.0.38. Hmmm. Will rollback too and see!

Cheers!

• 6 months later...
On 16.6.2015 at 0:18 AM, netcarver said:

@Beluga, @Juergen

Thanks for pressing me on this. I've just been testing this in PhpMyAdmin and there seems to be a problem with trying to set a blank value to MySQL time fields; MySQL itself sees the blank as an invalid time and sets it to '00:00:00'. There is some more detail about this in the MySQL Time type manual page. Here's a quote from the linked manual page...

You could setup your own test table with a TIME field and try it yourself. Please let me know if you find a workable solution and I'll try and work it into the module. At this point in time I'm not sure how to prevent PW from trying to save a blank value into the DB if nothing is entered in the Inputfield.

Why don't you insert a NULL value for the time if it's left blank? This should work perfectly with MySQL.

Apart from that, thanks a lot for the module, but the blank problem is also essential for me, so I really would appreciate a solution  :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey @netcarver - using this for the first time - very handy, thank you!

Just wondering if the field should be blank by default, rather than 00:00:00 ? I want to check to see if a time has been entered, but the way things are, it doesn't seem possible. I am doing the check against 00:00:00 but of course that is a valid time (fortunately not one that anyone would enter in my case, but in some others in certainly would be).

Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, looks like @FlorianA is already on this :) Anyway, looking forward to seeing that merged!