ProcessWire Cloud Hosting

Peter Knight

Depending what the budget it, I chatted to Rackspace a few months ago about a project that didn't happen in the end for a minor celeb. 

Talking to them on the phone, I was very impressed by how helpful they were prepared to be and flexible and not just stick to the ratecard, as it were.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hey, how did I miss this topic? 

We might have something with lightning.pw that we can call cloud hosting. It is build for ProcessWire and we're working on new features that focus on making development easier. Unfortunately we have to fight against big problems with our FTP service and we did some minor backend improvements. Next up is the Snapshot and own Profile function, then a Dropbox integration and everything beyond is just a point on the roadmap at the moment.

I just want to remark that lightning.pw is only intended for development. We don't want to handle the hosting of a real live site because. That's why we have those random names and the long domain. A migration tool between a life site and dev would be nice and might be coming in the future.

_

Maybe you can find a hoster that doesn't has the "cloud" stuff in their marketing but just offers solid hosting with a snapshot functionality? I could also think, that the backup module from PW 2.5 offers a great way to "save" a site. But that doesn't  help with the staging functions.

Did you had a look at DigitalOcean?

• Like 5