Module: AdminThemeCustomizer

blad

This module allows you to change the admin default style. For lazy people. It's just a sketch. More information soon.

Done:

- You can change the main colors of processwire

AdminThemeCustomizer_screenshot.png

To do:

- Add ability to change fonts (fonts google) and read your opinions :)
- Fix the Logo url field (default value).
- Export/Import config.
- Add more color options.
 - REWRITE

• Like 12

I love this - I have been wanting easy skinning (rather than theming) for PW for a long time.

One thing missing is the ability to color the entire title bar in AdminThemeReno - the menu icon and search box is a different class. Also I don't think it is currently possible to edit the sidebar colors?

Only other thing is a typo - you have breadcrumbs spelled wrong.

And, there are two entries for 6. Color Set 2

Awesome!!!

PS You need to add a way to export/import settings so we can easily share :)

Edited by adrian
Sidebar color problem and 6 duplicate
  • Like 1

I've created as a tool to test colors for lazy people like me, with some good changes may be helpful. Thanks adrian always motivating :)

I've fixed it and deleted the image to avoid confusion, the code is fine.

Edited by blad
  • Like 1

I would probably go with JSON, but CSV could probably work too.

HannaCode has an export/import function that you could take a look at.

Another suggestion - you could have the ability to add new element declarations - most simply maybe just one per line in a textarea field like so:

#element1ID : #990000; margin-top:30px;
#element2ID : #009900; padding-left:10px;
  • Like 1

Thanks for this Blad.

Just concerning 2), I think Ryan has said in the past he is OK with the logo being changed but I'd double check that and obviously leave a nice big reference to Processwire somewhere :D

I will remove that option or if you put your own image the processwire logo will appear too. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The logo is actually no problem to be replaced as in every Installation at the button you have the current Version Information too.
ProcessWire 2.5.7 dev © 2014

Removing the top logo enables also Agencies to build up some CI for themselves which helps to sell stuff for them to.

Like Nico said the color chooser is definetly the better choice.

Why actually does it need to be installed in his module's files should be placed in /site/modules/AlternativeGridImages/ as this makes installation more complicated that it shoudl be. With the Module uploader you can't choose the folder where to upload a submodule or this featre has to be added to the Core Module uploader. (Path Chooser) IMHO this is not necessary if all Modules start with their path from module-ROOT

• 6 months later...

FYI, in 2.5.26 dev this module works but has an odd side effect. In the page editor images images do not display. They come back as soon as you uninstall the module.

I have to fix the bug, do not use this module for the moment. Thanks!