How do you invoice your clients?

OrganizedFellow

Folder tree with client emails (eml) and word invoice template (doc)

Fill in the invoice template doc, print as pdf, send to client.

Payments are also printed as pdf and saved in the clients folder.

Folders with orange color means not payed, green color is payed.

Blue color is pending, black color is having issues.

• Like 1

Custom written webpanel, build upon ProcessWire (of course). Has a little customer management function, lists projects and can create invoices (in compliance with complicated german tax laws...).

Nice. Also think about to build a pw solution.

I suppose that would be the PERFECT ProcessWire project, huh?

A customer management application where we keep clients information and some repeater fields with the work title, work description, applicable or related taxes, hours billed, and a total field.

Then have all that in a shnazzy jQuery sortable table with drag-n-drop capability and Print2PDFism.

Too bad I'm not a coder :|

• Like 1

I suppose that would be the PERFECT ProcessWire project, huh?

A customer management application where we keep clients information and some repeater fields with the work title, work description, applicable or related taxes, hours billed, and a total field.

Then have all that in a shnazzy jQuery sortable table with drag-n-drop capability and Print2PDFism.

Too bad I'm not a coder :|

http://misterui.de/shop/

and

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/2315-preview-intranet-application-%E2%80%93-office-management/#entry22154

i've got the 19 bugs version - spend it not really for the function....more for the learning lesson from that code - it's build upon PW with a complete frontend driven app....so it is very interesting...but not switched from my old system that works like pwired solution ;)

As Philipp already stated, German governments like their taxes a bit complicated sometimes. Most of the desktop software available unfortunately is made by, and by that made for, non-Germans. I have tested quite a few solutions available (for OSX), but most of them either don't work well for Germans or (for my taste) offer too many options and possibilities, and therefore are pretty complicated. Besides, most of the OSX apps available for businesses are quite pricey and don't offer a test version, which in my humble opinion is, well, pretty damn stupid.

I also don't really like web apps for this purpose (can't really explain why, it just feels wrong). If anyone likes web apps for this, Billomat might be worth checking out. I've only heard good things about it, it's just not for me.

So, erm … I do invoices in Pages using a custom template. No, that's not ideal. But it works (for me). OSX Reminders (using the great Fantastical as a frontend) for due dates.

Hello,

I've got a list of bookmarks of interesting desktop-based and web-based applications related to all this, but the list is not organized, I'll try to do it when I have more time.

For information, and perhaps to have some ideas, there is this one (web-based) at least :

https://www.odoo.com/page/download (Windows and Ubuntu installers are available).

Online Demo: https://www.odoo.com/start

There are, for example, Project Management, Billing and Accounting.

For accounting, while configuring at the beginning, you can apparently choose the Germany accounting package and the accounting (plan) model:

Configurable Account Chart Template, Deutscher Kontenplan SKR03 and Deutscher Kontenplan SKR04.

I remember also at least one desktop-based application quite complete.

(And there is a fork of Odoo (Ex-OpenERP): Tryton, with a desktop-based version still available.)

I'll really have to organize all the bookmarks related to these subjects :). In fact all my bookmarks (in the different browsers and computers I use).

I often also prefer desktop-based apps when available.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...