Sign in to follow this  
opalepatrick

Page field item order

I may be missing something! How can I sort the order of items in a page field? 

I am pulling title data based on a template that is being used in a hierarchy, consequently the order is not optimal.

Any ideas?

Use the selector option for your page field.

template=sharks, sort=title

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spyros
      Hello
      I'm having a strange issue with the $page->find(), for some reason I'm missing some of the pages from the results. I found then that I was missing all the pages with the same "PAGE NAME". Is it a bug or am I missing something?
      PS 
      If I change the "PAGE NAME" of one of the missing ones then I'm retrieving the page without any problem.
      Thank you
    • By benbyf
      Hi, Looking to create form elements on a page–some input with a colection of form inputs and the appropriate labels and variables for that input. I've used ProForms in the past and rolled out my own when creating simply one off forms, but I wonder if anyone has found a good way of allowing form creation on page editing so that clients can adhocly make and edit forms?
      Thanks
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello Dear PW Gurus.

Hope you fair well in these Corona Crisis times.

Anyhow, i have a problem with a Cryptic error message that shows up when i am trying to Delete images out of a Images field.
      The Error message does say a little but it does not make sense to me why i can´t delete the images because of it.

Is it some permission issue perhaps?

I will attach screenshots of it and what i did prior to it.
      I am from sweden so ignore the funny words here and there.

Hope you all can send me on the right track.
      i am running PW 3.0.139 on this install.

Step1:

Step 2: Select the images with the trashcan symbol

Step 3: Cryptic Error message

I am scratching my head on this one, have not seen this before.

Thankfull for all help.
      /EyeDentify
    • By DV-JF
      Hey all, hope you're feeling well these days!
      Short question: Under "Setup > Templates" it's possible to sort the templates by last modified. Is this possible for fields view to?
      Long explanation:
      Currently I am in the process of programming a reusable template and often have to copy several fields & templates from different PW installations into my "master version".
      Therefore it would be good to see already in the field list when the last modification has taken place.
      Stay healthy & don't forget to wash you hands - many greets!
    • By Robin S
      This module is inspired by and similar to the Template Stubs module. The author of that module has not been active in the PW community for several years now and parts of the code for that module didn't make sense to me, so I decided to create my own module. Auto Template Stubs has only been tested with PhpStorm because that is the IDE that I use.
      Auto Template Stubs
      Automatically creates stub files for templates when fields or fieldgroups are saved.
      Stub files are useful if you are using an IDE (e.g. PhpStorm) that provides code assistance - the stub files let the IDE know what fields exist in each template and what data type each field returns. Depending on your IDE's features you get benefits such as code completion for field names as you type, type inference, inspection, documentation, etc.
      Installation
      Install the Auto Template Stubs module.
      Configuration
      You can change the class name prefix setting in the module config if you like. It's good to use a class name prefix because it reduces the chance that the class name will clash with an existing class name.
      The directory path used to store the stub files is configurable.
      There is a checkbox to manually trigger the regeneration of all stub files if needed.
      Usage
      Add a line near the top of each of your template files to tell your IDE what stub class name to associate with the $page variable within the template file. For example, with the default class name prefix you would add the following line at the top of the home.php template file:
      /** @var tpl_home $page */ Now enjoy code completion, etc, in your IDE.

Adding data types for non-core Fieldtype modules
      The module includes the data types returned by all the core Fieldtype modules. If you want to add data types returned by one or more non-core Fieldtype modules then you can hook the AutoTemplateStubs::getReturnTypes() method. For example, in /site/ready.php:
      // Add data types for some non-core Fieldtype modules $wire->addHookAfter('AutoTemplateStubs::getReturnTypes', function(HookEvent $event) { $extra_types = [ 'FieldtypeDecimal' => 'string', 'FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker' => 'LeafletMapMarker', 'FieldtypeRepeaterMatrix' => 'RepeaterMatrixPageArray', 'FieldtypeTable' => 'TableRows', ]; $event->return = $event->return + $extra_types; }); Credits
      Inspired by and much credit to the Template Stubs module by mindplay.dk.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AutoTemplateStubs
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-template-stubs/