Reno Theme

Peter Knight

Is there any max-width set on the body in the new release? Sometimes I feel it would be a good idea. On very large screens fields are way too wide.

Of course I can add this CSS to the admin myself but perhaps something like this could be beneficial for others too:

html {
  background: #E0E4EC;
}

body {
  max-width: 1280px;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

I have a 21:9 ratio screen and so far I wasn't able to fill it horizontally :)

For those who need a closer look:

body {
  max-width: 66%;
  transform: scale(1.5);
  transform-origin: 0 0;
}

:)

• Like 1

To echo what LostKobrakai said above...

I think it's too limiting to have default max-width. Building complex admin systems requires a lot of space at times, and being able to create multiple columns in the admin is a major strength. However, it's pretty easy to add the CSS yourself without modifying the theme. Check out the Admin Custom Files module for adding your own CSS that will persist across updates.

• Like 1

Lots of additional updates today. I'll get them over to Ryan tomorrow, and hopefully they will make it to the dev branch later this week.

The most notable is support for multiple user templates. (Thanks to LostKobrakai for reminding me of that feature.)

The module config will now pick up any templates defined in your /site/config/

For example: $config->userTemplateIDs = array(3, 43);

Now you can define separate image fields and/or display name properties for each of your user templates.

I don't suspect this will be a commonly used feature, but it's nice to support it, and while implementing I discovered a nice use for it myself.

post-474-0-11518600-1436304662_thumb.png

• Like 4

@Mike, yeah that is intended. It worked out best to do it that way with all the other masthead changes.

@Juergen, I'm away from a computer now, but can you verify that the image field you selected in the module settings stayed set, and that there is at least one image added to that field in your profile.

@LostKobrakai, I'll look into it. Probably something for the next release. It might be something you can do now with a hook before page render, but not sure.

• Like 1

@LostKobrakai, I'll look into it. Probably something for the next release. It might be something you can do now with a hook before page render, but not sure.

That would be reasonable enough. I think there's no need for something more elaborate.

Yes I can verify that:

Here are some screenshots:

1) image field selected in the template setting section

post-2257-0-81564600-1436626301_thumb.pn

2) image in the user profile template

post-2257-0-76908600-1436626334_thumb.pn

3) image settings in image field detail tab

post-2257-0-26195800-1436626367_thumb.pn

4) Here it is what it looks like in the template nav

post-2257-0-32789600-1436626553_thumb.pn

Best regards

Juergen

• Like 1

Juergen,

​I can confirm this here with a fresh install, and I know exactly what happened. It's fixed now, and I'll send a patch to Ryan later today.

Thanks for reporting this, and I appreciate your patience. :)

• Like 1

In the images grid-view the ghost element, which keeps the gap between images while drag&drop-ing, seems far to small for me. 

Is this the same in the default theme? I haven't done any customizations to the styles for images grid-view. I'll take a look though.

@Lostkobrakai, are you having an issue with Drag/Drop not working correctly? Even with the smaller space between the images — which is desirable for fields with lots of images IMO — sorting seems to work fine. I'll glady add some space there, but I want to be sure of the actual issue that needs solved, so I know how much.

This is what I'm seeing here, and functionally it seems to work as expected.

post-474-0-69204400-1436797237_thumb.png