Reno Theme

Peter Knight

There is probably a cleaner way, but this hack works:

.content .PageList .PageListID1 .PageListActions{display:none !important}
.content .PageList .PageListItem:hover .PageListActions{display:inline !important;-webkit-transition-delay:.25s;transition-delay:.25s}

Awesome, thank you adrian!  :)

Can we use this module to change other things? 

I tried enabling "ProcessHome" and adding a ProcessHome.css for changing the admin colors and removing the logo, but it didn't work...

Edited by hafa

Can we use this module to change other things?

yep all kind of things.

I tried enabling "ProcessHome" and adding a ProcessHome.css for changing the admin colors and removing the logo, but it didn't work...

Best bet, you enable Theme based files, and use this for colors etc.

(p.s. I don't like it that you remove the logo, be proud to use ProcessWire instead :-))

• Like 4

yep all kind of things.

Best bet, you enable Theme based files, and use this for colors etc.

(p.s. I don't like it that you remove the logo, be proud to use ProcessWire instead :-))

That's right, thank you Martjin! :)

I still have ProcessWire in the footer, don't worry ;) Just trying to keep the admin as clean as possible!

Hi folks,

I have updated my PW to 2.5.3 and added the Reno theme but can't seem to make it active? It still seems to be taking the Default theme (which I can't delete as it states it's required by Reno)

Am I doing anything wrong?

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-13%20at%2017.51.

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-13%20at%2017.49.

Is there a RenoTheme version where the navigation links (Pages, Setup, Modules etc) live on the top menu bar?

Just wondering

There isn't, but you could always create a color scheme for the default — since other than the sidebar nav they are very similar.

Is there a RenoTheme version where the navigation links (Pages, Setup, Modules etc) live on the top menu bar?

Just wondering :)

There isn't, but you could always create a color scheme for the default — since other than the sidebar nav they are very similar.

Not sure if it's ready for prime time, but take a look at Blad's experiment on color skinning:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/7653-module-adminthemecustomizer/

Welcome to the forums!

You can set it as the default in your config.php file:

$config->defaultAdminTheme = 'AdminThemeReno';

User's can change between themes from their edit profile page.

Thanks @adrian, I didn't know this. In fact called me lazy for not reading thoroughly the new enhancement in the config.php

Thanks @adrian, I didn't know this. In fact called me lazy for not reading thoroughly the new enhancement in the config.php

Actually the site/config.php in 2.5 is stripped down to almost nothing - you need to read through wire/config.php and copy any required elements from there to site/config.php

• Like 2

Hi Tom,

Would it make any sense to have an option that allows you to keep the Pages sub-menu open all the time?  On my installs I often have spare vertical space in the left-hand menu and having that sub-menu always open would allow single-click access to the pages tree/find/recent links.

Thanks for the lovely theme regardless!

• Like 5

Hi Tom,

Would it make any sense to have an option that allows you to keep the Pages sub-menu open all the time?  On my installs I often have spare vertical space in the left-hand menu and having that sub-menu always open would allow single-click access to the pages tree/find/recent links.

+1 

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

+1

Or - alternatively - it could open on mouse-over. 

+1

• Like 1

Some ideas I recently had to make it even better:

Resort the icons and searchbar at the top right corner:

post-140-0-29344300-1414834269_thumb.png

(P.S.: In this case you would have to add a border at search suggestions right side, too)

Select menu for "Pages" in configuration (Tree, Lister, Both (dropdown))

I never use "Lister" so it would be much better for at least me if I could choose that pages directly takes me to page tree. Don't need a accordion here. But maybe other people. So a config option would be the best, I guess.

• Like 5

Now after working quite a while with it, the only thing what is bother me a bit is that when I hide the left menubar by clciking the hamburger-icon and save a page, it is visible again. It should remember the last state and only should change back when clicking again the hamburger icon.

Otherwise really love and use many of the features!

• Like 4

Hey guys,

Can anyone point me where this theme is? In the tutorials I see that I should see Reno theme "not installed" under Modules - Core, but I do not see it. I cannot find it in Modules whatsoever? I apparently am using the latest master release of processwire 2.5.2 but when I was installing it and in the admin it still says 2.4/2.4.0 so not sure if I'm getting the right one...

Hey,

then you're probably doing something wrong ;)

If you install 2.5.2 correctly (I explain later what "correctly means) "Reno" should be in "modules" by default and you just have to hit "install", then go to "Access -> User -> admin (or whatever your username is)" and click "edit". Now you can change which AdminTheme should be used (select "Reno" and hit "Save").

Updating PW:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire#upgrading-from-processwire-24

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just setting up the permissions / roles for an upcoming project and noticed, that custom roles even with page-lister and page-edit-recent can't see the corresponding pages in Reno. The default theme shows them as expected. 

Just tested the dev version, it seems fixed. Any insights if such "bugs" will get backported into the stable version?