Reno Theme

Peter Knight

Since the good old Textpattern times I was looking forward to a new admin theme by Tom Reno. Still have your concept for Textpattern in mind (or was it for the branch that existed for a while?) ...

Btw: tomrenodesign.com is down.

• Like 2

Hi all,

This theme is now part of the core. You can install it instead of the default.

Ryan and I are still working on a few minor issues, but overall it should be really solid.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think.

:)

No issues here. Working great. Congrats :)

Any plans to have the actual tree under the Pages link ?

• Like 1

blad (bald),

Apologies if I ever referred to you incorrectly. I post from mobile a lot, and autocorrect can be a little bastard. :)

Thanks for the kind words. Also, shall I send help? It appears the weight of your mask was too much for your neck.

Any plans to have the actual tree under the Pages link ?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but the Pages menu item is one of the things still being sorted out.

Pages was just a single parent item when I first built this theme (it's been around over a year now), still exploring other solutions for how that item and it's children work.

Keep an eye out for updates. 

:)

• Like 3

blad (bald),

Apologies if I ever referred to you incorrectly. I post from mobile a lot, and autocorrect can be a little bastard. :)

Thanks for the kind words. Also, shall I send help? It appears the weight of your mask was too much for your neck.

Don´t worry :) just kidding. The theme is awesome no issues for me.

bald --> bald.png

• Like 2

It's a nice and clean theme, but I would like it to have a max-width on the content area. It's just to big on an 27" monitor. Something around 1400px should be wide enough. 

Edit: Maybe crop the userimage, before fitting it into an circle. It's getting distorted for me.

post-874-0-36678500-1410962512.png

Edit 2:

@Reno

If my width issue gets changed, it would also be nice, to lock one of the "lightning" sidebars, if there's enough space.

Yes - i like it very much!!

only thing i'd like was some icons for pagetree and find - would be a nice addition - this would fit better here - or splitt it up in two links because "Pages" is really important - it gets a little bit lost in a kinda submenu?

So one item more for Find and some fitting icons should be more usefull.

And the if i switch the sidebar off (i thought i could simply work with the breadcrumbs like a cool "full view") a memory with the session would be great that it stay hidden or stay in front....don't know if this is possible...

But the whole handling with your theme is great and easy!

Love the typography special!!

best regards mr-fan

• Like 1

Reno if by far my favorite admin theme. Many kudos for Tom and Ryan! 
The only thing I miss is a dark skin, so I'm creating one. It is in alpha state, there is a lot of details to do. I'm planning to share it here when finished if anyone is interested. 

laBnkgq.png

n3bdc7U.png

• Like 6

I would like it to have a max-width on the content area. It's just to big on an 27" monitor. Something around 1400px should be wide enough. 

There are scenarios where having the full width available is beneficial. I have many admin pages that have additional right sidebars. I typically use a lot more real estate than 1400px. :D

• Like 1

I typically use a lot more real estate than 1400px.

I'm used to build the forms of my pages to fit well in the default theme. This way it should also fit well on my clients screens. 

Actually the max-width issue is easily fixable with Martijn's new AdminCustomFiles module. Adding the jquery to get the sidebar fixed is little bit more difficult as mediocre jquery user and with the custom file being loaded before the themes main.js.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I like about the reno admin theme is being able to see the "edit, view, new, move" links on hovering the pages (without needing to actual click them).

How can I "import" this functionality to the default theme? 

One thing I like about the reno admin theme is being able to see the "edit, view, new, move" links on hovering the pages (without needing to actual click them).

How can I "import" this functionality to the default theme? 

Use the module that Reno mentions above: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/admin-custom-files/

and add this CSS:

.content .PageList .PageListItem:hover .PageListActions{display:inline;-webkit-transition-delay:.25s;transition-delay:.25s}

EDIT: You'll want to apply it to the ProcessPageList process.

Works a treat!

• Like 3

Use the module that Reno mentions above: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/admin-custom-files/

and add this CSS:

.content .PageList .PageListItem:hover .PageListActions{display:inline;-webkit-transition-delay:.25s;transition-delay:.25s}

EDIT: You'll want to apply it to the ProcessPageList process.

Works a treat!

Thanks adrian :)

Any way to apply this for "home" too? The "edit, view, new" keeps showing by default..

Any way to apply this for "home" too? The "edit, view, new" keeps showing by default..

There is probably a cleaner way, but this hack works:

.content .PageList .PageListID1 .PageListActions{display:none !important}
.content .PageList .PageListItem:hover .PageListActions{display:inline !important;-webkit-transition-delay:.25s;transition-delay:.25s}
  • Like 2