Upgraded to 2.5, duplicate modules warning, etc...

douglas81

I recently tried to upgrade to PW 2.5 from 2.4.

I reverted back to 2.4 pretty quickly because of a few things which gave me the heeby-jeebies. Maybe some of you know about these already...?

Duplicate modules

I was using CKEditor for my main body field. When I tried to "Check for New Modules" on PW 2.5 admin, the warning banner came up and told me I had duplicate for CKEditor and also another module...HTML Purifier, I think. It looks like this is now part of Core, and I had it installed under site? Does that sound right? What should I do?

Multi-language

I have the multi-language stuff installed, and while that seemed to work, in the actual page edit screen, the tabbed stuff wasn't working. Rather than tabs, within the body field (for example) there were two links (one for each language), then separate text-area fields, one below the other. I guess this could be realted to the CKEditor issue noted above?

Images With Cropping

For certain pages I tried to open and edit, there was a warning which came up and I wasn't able to enter the page to edit. I think it was the Images With Cropping module, perhaps not working. This also stopped images rendering to the final html, returning instead a big red block with debug style warning text.

Sorry for the vagueness. Basically I've just launched the site and the upgrade stopped a few things working so I immediately reverted it back to PW 2.4 without taking exact notes of the problems or error messages.

@douglas81: you're right, at least the duplicate module issue is because these have moved to core modules (/wire/modules/).

The most sensible option for duplicate modules would be removing them from /site/modules/. If you've got customizations to the CKEditor config.js or custom plugins you're using, that'll require a bit more work (essentially you'll want to place them in your /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/ and /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/ directories, respectively). 

The problem with Thumbnails modules (images with cropping) might be related to the issue I've described here. There's also description of what I did to fix it in my case. Seems to me that Antti hasn't fixed it in the module itself, so you might also want to drop him a note in that thread.

@Peter Knight | I'll check it out. Seems cool!

@teppo...

Yeah, just wanted to make sure that's okay to just delete it from /site/modules — I mean, okay to manually delete it through FTP? I have customised the CKEditor config.js and I have some cusome CSS for it, so yeah, I guess I need to keep those.

I checked out the Thumbnails thread you linked to... yes, I bet it has something to do with that, as I remember "Thumb()" being mentioned in the error message.

UPDATE: yes, the Thumbnail module causing some problems. I'm not entirely sure what or why, but I'm guessing you're right Teppo. I think the Thumbnails module is great, but it's not actively maintained, so I'm ditching it for now. Just going to use a basic $image->size(100, 100); type crop for now.

When I tried to "Check for New Modules" on PW 2.5 admin, the warning banner came up and told me I had duplicate for CKEditor and also another module...HTML Purifier, I think. It looks like this is now part of Core, and I had it installed under site? Does that sound right? What should I do?

Best bet is to do exactly what the warning message tells you. :) Remove /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/ and /site/modules/MarkupHTMLPurifier/. After that, click on "Check for new modules" and PW should then be able to see your new core versions. 

I have the multi-language stuff installed, and while that seemed to work, in the actual page edit screen, the tabbed stuff wasn't working. Rather than tabs, within the body field (for example) there were two links (one for each language), then separate text-area fields, one below the other. I guess this could be realted to the CKEditor issue noted above?

It's certainly possible it is related to you having an older CKEditor. We have some communication going on between CKEditor and the language tabs, so if you are trying to run an older CKEditor with the newest PW 2.5 then you will likely get JS errors, which could produce the effect you saw. Another thing to double check is that you don't have an older language tabs module installed. Check your Modules > Site just in case. Lastly, hit reload/refresh once or twice on the page, just in case it's a browser cache thing. 

For certain pages I tried to open and edit, there was a warning which came up and I wasn't able to enter the page to edit. I think it was the Images With Cropping module, perhaps not working. This also stopped images rendering to the final html, returning instead a big red block with debug style warning text.

I tested the CropImage/Thumbnails module with PW 2.5 two weeks ago and all seemed to be working well then. Double check that you've got the latest version. Though based on your follow-up info, it sounds like maybe there is some issue with this module. Though I haven't observed it in my testing here yet. 

I had the same warning with the thumbnails module...

Fieldtype: Images with cropping 1.0.3

Inputfield: Images with cropping 1.0.1

The simple fix for me was to change the template.

Tab basics: type -> CropImage

Tab Details: Inputfield Type -> CropImage [all at the bottom]

In details mine was 'image'.

Hope this helps...