Modify Page field options in Admin

Lars

Hi,

My site is in large parts made up of "blocks" of text.

I use more or less one single template for all pages that do not have specific functions.

I have 4 different Page fields that bring in content from my "blocks". The reason is that I want to re-use same information in several places. For example in my Product pages I can call up the same "Electrical Spec" block for several products and I can maintain this "spec" in one single place.

I had a look at using PageTable instead. This however do not cater for re-using the same block (sub-page) in several places. However it had this great feature to be able to edit the block (sub-page) directly from the list of pages in Admin. With Page I do not get that, I only get the trashcan. So if I want to edit one of the sub pages I need to wander off in the page tree to where my sub pages live and find the correct block / sub-page.

First I thought that modifying PageTable so that it is capable of not only creating new pages but actually import pages just like the Page field would be good. Thinking it through though then I realize that would get many implication to PageTable fields ability to delete/trash/manage sub-pages. And the Page field give me exactly what I want. Apart from the ability to "jump" into the referenced page and have it edited.

So now my desire is to have not only a trashcan option for the Page field but an option for Edit the page referenced.

Has anyone done this before or have ideas on how this could be implemented?

In fact I think it would be a really good core option to be able to have an Edit link as well as the Trash link for pages in a Page field. If you reference actual pages or sub pages  with the Page field you'd likely want to be able to also jump into these pages and see/edit the content.

ps: The Topic Title "Madify" do not refer to the fact this issue drives me mad. It is simply a typo that I cannot correct since it is the topic title..... sorry about that.