Module: ProcessWire Core Upgrade

ryan

Ryan,

I just used this on 3 sites — upgrades went perfect on all of them.

This module is perhaps faster than the command line because it takes care of checking things like .htaccess and index.php mods. Hell, it took me longer to resync my local copies than it did to upgrade.

Anyhow, just wanted to give a big thumbs up and say thank you!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Same here, no Core or Dev.

There were some changes made a while back - can't remember if they were just changes to the module, or also the core - I think the core, because there was a limit that prevented it showing more than 10 modules. That looks to be BFD Calendar's issue - not sure if the same for you too. Can you try the latest dev version of PW?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, no Core or Dev.

X2U0GmX.png

Scratch that, logging out and back in again fixed it.

I'm still getting this problem, I have no idea what fixed it last time because logging out and back in doesn't seem to work this time. Including refreshing modules. I'm running 2.6.18 wanting to update to 2.7. 

Not too sure what's happening.

• 4 weeks later...

I switched on uberspace.de from php 5.6 to 7.0. Now It comes to the following error-message just after clicking on the module-entry in the backend:

Compile Error: 'continue' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context (line 655 of /site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgrade.module) 

When I go back to 5.6 everything works like before.

I use PW 2.7.1

I switched on uberspace.de from php 5.6 to 7.0. Now It comes to the following error-message just after clicking on the module-entry in the backend:

Compile Error: 'continue' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context (line 655 of /site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgrade.module) 

When I go back to 5.6 everything works like before.

I use PW 2.7.1

That is indeed intended now. PHP pre-7 simply threw warnings for using control structures outside of loops and switches. This has now been escalated to fatals in 7.

@Ryan: I may be wrong, but is that continue even needed? Should it not return false?

Good day!

I am having a problem while upgrading from 2.6.8 to 2.7.2 (Windows, XAMPP). I have made it before on the same site, but now it does not work. Actually I can exen see the unpacked files and folders in the root directory, but I still get this error. Please help!

ProcessWire: ProcessWireUpgrade: Unable to locate ZIP: C:/xampp/htdocs/xyz/site/assets/cache/ProcessWireUpgrade/master.zip

DEBUG MODE BACKTRACE ($config->debug == true):
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\ProcessController.php(236): ProcessWireUpgrade->executePrepare()
#1 [internal function]: ProcessController->___execute()
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(397): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(332): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array)
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\admin.php(93): Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\admin.php(93): ProcessController->execute()
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\modules\AdminTheme\AdminThemeDefault\controller.php(13): require('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\site\templates\admin.php(15): require('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\TemplateFile.php(182): require('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#9 [internal function]: TemplateFile->___render()
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(397): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(332): Wire->runHooks('render', Array)
#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\modules\PageRender.module(422): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\modules\PageRender.module(422): TemplateFile->render()
#14 [internal function]: PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
#15 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(397): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#16 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(332): Wire->runHooks('renderPage', Array)
#17 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(458): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
#18 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(458): PageRender->renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
#19 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(332): Wire->runHooks('render', Array)
#20 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(187): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#21 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(187): Page->render()
#22 [internal function]: ProcessPageView->___execute(true)
#23 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(397): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#24 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\wire\core\Wire.php(332): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array)
#25 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\index.php(241): Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#26 C:\xampp\htdocs\xyz\index.php(241): ProcessPageView->execute(true)
#27 {main}

Good day!

I am having a problem while upgrading from 2.6.8 to 2.7.2 (Windows, XAMPP). I have made it before on the same site, but now it does not work. Actually I can exen see the unpacked files and folders in the root directory, but I still get this error. Please help!

ProcessWire: ProcessWireUpgrade: Unable to locate ZIP: C:/xampp/htdocs/xyz/site/assets/cache/ProcessWireUpgrade/master.zip
[...]

I had the same issue when upgrading to current devns. Landed up doing a manual upgrade, which worked (as expected).

• Like 1

On a live development website, powered by ProcessWire 2.7.1, I've just upgraded Email Obfuscation (EMO) from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 via Administration >Configuration >Upgrades.

And now when I go to the Upgrades module page I have "The process returned no content." and :

Modules: Detected 1 module version change (will be applied the next time each module is loaded):

ProcessLanguageTranslator: 1.0.0 => 1.0.1

AND

ProcessWire: ProcessWireUpgrade: Error loading GitHub branches https://api.github.com/repos/ryancramerdesign/Processwire/branches

DEBUG MODE BACKTRACE ($config->debug == true):
#0 /home/xxx/www/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgradeCheck.module(129): ProcessWireUpgradeCheck->getCoreBranches()
#1 /home/xxx/www/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgrade.module(164): ProcessWireUpgradeCheck->getVersions()
#2 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/ProcessController.php(236): ProcessWireUpgrade->execute()
#3 [internal function]: ProcessController->___execute()
#4 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(398): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(333): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array)
#6 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/admin.php(94): Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#7 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/admin.php(94): ProcessController->execute()
#8 /home/xxx/www/wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeDefault/controller.php(13): require('/home/xxx...')
#9 /home/xxx/www/site/templates/admin.php(15): require('/home/xxx...')
#10 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(182): require('/home/xxx...')
#11 [internal function]: TemplateFile->___render()
#12 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(398): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#13 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(333): Wire->runHooks('render', Array)
#14 /home/xxx/www/wire/modules/PageRender.module(422): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#15 /home/xxx/www/wire/modules/PageRender.module(422): TemplateFile->render()
#16 [internal function]: PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
#17 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(398): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#18 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(333): Wire->runHooks('renderPage', Array)
#19 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(459): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
#20 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(459): PageRender->renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
#21 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(333): Wire->runHooks('render', Array)
#22 /home/xxx/www/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(187): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#23 /home/xxx/www/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(187): Page->render()
#24 [internal function]: ProcessPageView->___execute(true)
#25 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(398): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#26 /home/xxx/www/wire/core/Wire.php(333): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array)
#27 /home/xxx/www/index.php(235): Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#28 /home/xxx/www/index.php(235): ProcessPageView->execute(true)
#29 {main}

I've logged out, I've cleaned the browser cache... but it changes nothing.

Edit: putting $config->debug == false; and then $config->debug == true; back has made everything come back to normal.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I am struggling to figure out how to find this module in the admin. I'm playing with 3.0.2 and thought why not try this upgrade module to update to 3.0.3.

I can see from the screenshots above that the module should show up under Setup, however, I have no "Upgrades" menu item. What am I missing here? I read the whole forum thread twice, the readme, but still clueless...

Thanks in advance!

This module, while having "Core" in it's name is not installed by default. You'd need to install it manually, just use the classname ProcessWireUpgrade to get it from the modules directory.

Thank you very much, I've found it! I got the impression the it was "System Updater, Manages system versions and upgrades." which is installed by default, but I was simply wrong, I see.

Thanks, I've read that a few times :) Being new to ProcessWire, the way we install modules ("Type or paste in the "class name" for the module you want to install.) is still a bit confusing for me to use (how do I find out the proper class name? Sort of not obvious for newbies like me).

Hi,

I just moved a site PW 2.7.2 under construction from a server with php 5.3 to php 7. All went very smooth but in admin I had an error trying to reach 'superuser', modulesettings, 'upgrades', etc   referring to  ProcessWireUpgrade.module v0.0.4 line 655 

Compile Error: 'continue' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context (line 655 of /customers/7/3/[ROOT]/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgrade.module)

On stack overflow I saw that 'continue' (on line 655) can be replaced by 'exit' . I did so and all my problems dissappeared. Afterwards I upgraded   ProcessWireUpgrade.module v0.0.4 to 0.0.6 and no more problems appeared.

I hope that one day this will help someone ..

Kind regards,

Bernard

Edited by kongondo
Merged your thread to the current one (the module's support forum). See also post #60 and #64