A Destination Management Company

davo

destinations UNLIMITED

This site is a conversion from an old Joomla site that is far better suited to processwire due to the 100s of facts and figures about the destinations.

Many of the facts from each of the destinations help to form other content such as blurbs on the video content hopefully adding quality content for google to index. It's also got a growing number of features for registered users such as being able to add personal comments to destinations which collate into a personal notebook.

Hope you enjoy having a look around. Although the site is now live, I don't think it will ever be finished!

..not to forget a thank you to everyone who has helped me with the project along the way!

Edited by davo
  • Like 7

I think this site makes a nice use of bootstrap framework. Looks good!

In the contact section everything seems to be made with FormBuilder and with its default styles. I just wanted to ask is it not that easy to apply Bootstrap styles to forms or are the defaults just better? Planning to use FormBuilder for the 1st time and am interested in opinion from someone who has been there.

I think this site makes a nice use of bootstrap framework. Looks good!

In the contact section everything seems to be made with FormBuilder and with its default styles. I just wanted to ask is it not that easy to apply Bootstrap styles to forms or are the defaults just better? Planning to use FormBuilder for the 1st time and am interested in opinion from someone who has been there.

Thank you. I'm not a great designer so bootstrap 3 serves me very well.

Applying bootstrap 3 styles to the form builder forms is something I'd also like to achieve. I believe this can be done but will require slow more learning and reading for me. Changing the styles to one of the pre mades is easy. It also looks easy to create new ones from theme roller, but a little more complicated to use bootstrap; but possible I understand.

• Like 1

The twitterbar and the slider on the frontpage would need some extra work for big screens. They float to the left on an 27" iMac, while everything else is centered.

Thank you. Unfortunately I only have a small laptop :( i understand the banner images also only expand to their native resolution, so unless I used very large images I'm not sure how I'd get around this.