MadeMyDay

Module: PageTableExtended

Honestly I have no clue what is happening there. Just out of curiosity, could you try to autoload the module? So in FieldtypePageTableExtended.module try 'autoload' => true (perhaps same for PageTable). Doesn't make that much sense but I have no idea why FieldtypePageTable isn't ready since it is already present. The modal injects its changes via ajax, I guess somehow there could be the problem with your referenced PTE template block. But its just wild guessing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadeMyDay said:

Honestly I have no clue what is happening there. Just out of curiosity, could you try to autoload the module? So in FieldtypePageTableExtended.module try 'autoload' => true (perhaps same for PageTable). Doesn't make that much sense but I have no idea why FieldtypePageTable isn't ready since it is already present. The modal injects its changes via ajax, I guess somehow there could be the problem with your referenced PTE template block. But its just wild guessing.

Thanks for looking into it!
I set autoload to true, but its not fixing my issue.

After testing I found out that the issue is caused by this line in my templates for the blocks that being referenced:

if(empty($options['pageTableExtended']) && empty($options['pageStack'])) throw new Wire404Exception();

So I removed it and its working fine. but now my PTE blocks that are stored under admin–>siteparts are viewable on the frontend for everyone.
I don't want these pages to show up in search results, are there any other things I ca do to prevent that?

Could you try something like this?

// only allow access to the page if logged in with editing permissions
// otherwise throw a 404 if viewed directly
if(!$page->editable() && (!count($options['pageStack']))){
  throw new Wire404Exception();
}

• Like 3

On 5/3/2019 at 7:38 PM, gmclelland said:

Could you try something like this?

// only allow access to the page if logged in with editing permissions
// otherwise throw a 404 if viewed directly
if(!$page->editable() && (!count($options['pageStack']))){
  throw new Wire404Exception();
}

That worked! Thank you!

I've found this module really useful, and thought I'd share an interesting use case I've come up with for it.

I had a client who wanted both the functionality of pageTable, and PageTableExtended, ie they wanted a tabular summary like PageTable provides, but with the option to expand or collapse to display rendered detail from a template like PageTableExtended allows.

It turns out, I was able to provide the desired functionality using PageTableExtended, and built in UI-kit classes in the template file I provided to PageTableExtended.

<!--
This is the summary section, like displayed by PageTable
-->
<table class="AdminDataTable AdminDataList uk-table uk-table-divider uk-table-justify uk-table-small">
    <thead>
        <tr>
            <th>BOM</th>
            <th>Cases to produce</th>
            <th>+/- or exact</th>
            <th>Notes</th>
        </tr>
    </thead>
    <tr>
        <td><?= $bom->title ?></td>
        <td><?= $page->cases ?></td>
        <td><?= $page->exact ?></td>
        <td><?= $page->notes ?></td>
    </tr>
</table>
<!--
Toggle to display detail section
-->
<a herf="#" class="toggleRenderedLayout">
    <i class="toggle-icon fa fa-angle-right"></i>
</a>
<span class="renderedLayoutTitle">BOM Details</span>
<!--
Detail section, hidden by default, using built in ui-kit css.
-->
<div class="renderedLayout hiddenOnStart">
    <div uk-grid uk-margin-small-top>
        <div class="uk-width-1-3 uk-margin-small-top"><strong>Wine Variety </strong><?= $bom->wineVariety->title ?></div>
        <div class="uk-width-1-3 uk-margin-small-top"><strong>Brand </strong><?= $bom->brand->title ?></div>
        <div class="uk-width-1-3 uk-margin-small-top"><strong>Market </strong><?= $bom->market->title ?></div>
        <div class="uk-width-1-1 uk-margin-small-top"><strong>Orientation </strong><?= $bom->orienation->title ?></div>
    </div>
</div>

Screenshot, showing the tabular summary, with the detail section expanded.

image.png.21db5447082979c21abbb7dc237e67e0.png

• Like 5

Hey! Its me again 🙂
Iam currently experimenting with this module, to make the pagetable block items draggable and resizable (with some JS) and output them with CSS Grid.
My setup works already, but to save the item positions I need fields to store the data in (like Y=10 X=6 Width=4 Height=8). 

So my question would be:
How can I add fields to the rendered Items that don't get rendered and that i can access with javascript?

Changing the module files would be ok.
My goal is to make a new inputfield with this, so I made a new version/copy of the Page Table Extended Module.
@MadeMyDay I hope it is ok for me to build that on top of this module.
Thanks in advance!

Hi. This module looks really promising for a current job, didn't know about it til now.

Does anyone have it working with TemplateEngineFactory / TemplateEngineTwig v2?

Eg if a template to be rendered in the admin does either of the below:

if($options['pageTableExtended']){
	$factory = $modules->get('TemplateEngineFactory');
	$controller = $factory->controller('controllers/content-gallery.php', 'content-gallery.html.twig');
	$controller->execute();
}
if($options['pageTableExtended']) {
	$factory->render("content-gallery");
}

Only way I can get output in the admin is to change the render method in this this line from:

$parsedTemplate->render()

to:

$parsedTemplate->page->render()

Does this make sense, or should i try to hook TemplateFile::render with TemplateEngineFactory for this use case?

Can someone help me with this?
How can I add input fields to the rendered Items that don't get rendered and that i can access with javascript?
I need to also save these fields into the database when the page is saved.

Would be awesome if someone more experienced could point me in the right direction.

Ok, figured it out partly, don't need to change the $parsedTemplate->page->render() call in PageTableExtended since that has lots of sideffects.

Just need to capture and return the twig output like so:

if($options['pageTableExtended']) {
	$out = $factory->render("content-gallery", ["p" => $page]);
	echo $out;
}

Now I am having trouble using twig filters / php functions in this context, but I believe that is more a TemplateEngineFactory / TemplateEngineTwig issue.

9 hours ago, jploch said:

How can I add input fields to the rendered Items that don't get rendered and that i can access with javascript?
I need to also save these fields into the database when the page is saved.

Hi @jploch, not sure exactly what you are doing, but can't you have hidden fields either on the main template or sub-templates inside the PageTable that you save data to on a hook?

9 hours ago, Mikie said:

Hi @jploch, not sure exactly what you are doing, but can't you have hidden fields either on the main template or sub-templates inside the PageTable that you save data to on a hook?

Hi! Thanks for answering! For my drag/resize page builder module I need simple text fields to store position data for every PageTable item/page (like Y=10 X=6 Width=4 Height=8).
I have to change these values dynamically with javascript. Adding these directly to the 
sub-templates renders them, so they are not accessible with javascriptWhat do you mean by hidden fields? I could add a field to my main template, where the PageTable lives and store the item positions as one big JSON array. But I would prefer to have the fields added to the sub-templates for the PageTable items/pages, so its easier to output the positions. Iam still very new to module development (this is my first attempt) and not very good with php. So I feel much more comfortable with Javascript/jQuery but Iam learning. 

I tried to modify the PageTableExtended Module code to add my fields like this (before I added the fields to my sub-templates)

<?php
foreach($pagesToRender as $p){
              $itemID++;
				$layoutTitle = $p->template->$label ? $p->template->$label : $p->template->name;
				$ext = "." . $this->config->templateExtension;
				$template_name = $p->template->altFilename ? basename($p->template->altFilename, $ext) : $p->template->name;
				$templateFilename = $this->config->paths->templates . $this->pathToTemplates  . $template_name . $ext;

$parsedTemplate = new TemplateFile($templateFilename);
				$parsedTemplate->set("page", $p);
				$parsedTemplate->set("isAdmin", 1);
				$parsedTemplate->options = array('pageTableExtended' => true);
				$p->of(true);

$iconClass = "fa-angle-down";
				$activeClass = "pte-open";
				$statusClass = "";

//get input fields for grid item positions (they are part of the sub-template)
                $data_gs_height = $p->getInputField('data_gs_height');
                $data_gs_width = $p->getInputField('data_gs_width');
                $data_gs_x = $p->getInputField('data_gs_x');
                $data_gs_y = $p->getInputField('data_gs_y');

//how to set input fields for grid based on html data attribut? I would normally do this with JS..

if($p->is(Page::statusUnpublished)) $statusClass .= " pte-unpublished";
				if($p->is(Page::statusHidden)) $statusClass .= " pte-hidden";
				if($p->is(Page::statusLocked)) $statusClass .= " pte-locked";

if($this->collapseUnpublished && $p->is(Page::statusUnpublished)){
					$iconClass = "fa-angle-right";
					$activeClass = "hiddenOnStart";
				}

$layout .= '
	        				<div data-id="item-'.$itemID.'" class="'.$statusClass.' grid-stack-item" data-gs-height="' .$p->data_gs_height. '" data-gs-width="' .$p->data_gs_width. '" data-gs-x="' .$p->data_gs_x. '" data-gs-y="' .$p->data_gs_y. '">

<div class="grid-stack-item-header">
                            <a href="#" class="toggleRenderedLayout">
	        							<i class="toggle-icon fa '.$iconClass.'"></i>
	        						</a>
	        						<span class="renderedLayoutTitle '.$activeClass.'">'.$layoutTitle.'</span>
	        						<a class="InputfieldPageTableEdit" data-url="./?id='.$p->id.'&modal=1" href="#">
	        							<i class="fa fa-edit"></i>
	        						</a> 
	        						<a class="InputfieldPageTableDelete" href="#">
	        							<i class="fa fa-trash-o"></i>
	        						</a>
	        					</div>

<div class="grid-stack-item-content renderedLayout '.$activeClass.$statusClass.'">
                                    <div class="grid-stack-item-content-inner">
                                    '.$parsedTemplate->render().'
                                    <div class="grid-stack-inputs">
                                    '.$data_gs_width->render().'    
                                    '.$data_gs_height->render().'
                                    '.$data_gs_x->render().'
                                    '.$data_gs_y->render().'
                                    </div>
                                    </div>
	        					</div>
	        				</div>';
			}
			$out = '<div class="grid-stack">'.$layout.'</div>';
?>

Hi, @jploch . Can you explain the workflow, or maybe do a diagram.

What I think you want is:

- Admin interface uses gridstack.js
- In this context (ie your module building on PageTableExtended), each item in the grid contains the child page preview, and the page that is being previewed is where the data for gridstack.js is stored / set

If you want to save the data after dragging / resizing an element, I'd probably leverage events from the api here https://github.com/gridstack/gridstack.js/tree/develop/doc and set the data via ajax. To do that you just need an endpoint to send the data to, eg /pw/setgriddata/. Below code is not tested, just an example as I haven't used gridstack..

In the module js file:

$('.grid-stack').on('gsresizestop', function(event, elem) {
	var $elem = $(elem);
	var data = {
		width: $elem.data('gs-width');
		height: $elem.data('gs-height');
		x: $elem.data('gs-x');
		y: $elem.data('gs-y');
		id: $elem.data('id');
	}
	$.ajax({
		url: "/pw/setgriddata/",
		data: data,
	}).done(function( msg ) {
		console.log( msg);
	});
});

At /pw/setgriddata/:

if ($config->ajax && $input->post) {
	if ($p = $pages->get("id={$input->post->id}") {
		$p->data_gs_width = $input->post->width;
		// etc
		$p->save();
		return "Updated page: " . $p->title;
	} else {
		return "Could not find page: " . $input->post->id;
	}
}

You probably don't want to do this on all resizes however. If you want to do it on page save, again I would probably use gridstack events to populate the input fields you are rendering. Again, very quick... 

$('.grid-stack').on('gsresizestop', function(event, elem) {
	var $elem = $(elem);
	$elem->find(".grid-stack-input#data-gs-width")->val($elem.data("gs-width"));
	// etc
});

• Like 2

On 9/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, Mikie said:

- Admin interface uses gridstack.js
- In this context (ie your module building on PageTableExtended), each item in the grid contains the child page preview, and the page that is being previewed is where the data for gridstack.js is stored / set

This is exactly what I want to do 🙂
I will try to do it with ajax, thanks for your suggestions!!
Right now Iam busy with other projects, but I will try this as soon as I can get back to it.

I will keep you posted.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 7:39 PM, jploch said:

I will try to do it with ajax, thanks for your suggestions!!

Cool. Just an FYI in case you aren't aware... modules can create and remove admin pages on install / uninstall, which is where that ajax url would live.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 12:58 AM, Mikie said:

Cool. Just an FYI in case you aren't aware... modules can create and remove admin pages on install / uninstall, which is where that ajax url would live.

Looking at other modules, I think I have to create a process module that would create a page under admin at module install (e.g. admin->setgriddata). The process module would have the code to save the ajax request in the pageTable Item/page. Or is there better way to do this? Sorry for all the noob questions! Iam new to module development 🙂

Hey @jploch sorry I missed this. How’d you go? I am not 100% sure on the above, creating a hidden admin page with a Process module is the simplest way to do it, but i think you can use Ajax with inputfields, like talked about here:

• Like 1