Instant ProcessWire dev hosting (lightning.pw)

Philipp

Sorry for the inconvenience. We fixed this earlier today. This only affected the creation service (the background runner creating the site) and not the global login or the sites itself. 

In more detail, we've updated the server 3 days ago but forgot to restart an intern service. This caused the creation process to fail. We failed to test this and only noticed after three days. Added "Create a site and login once" to our update checklist.

• Like 2

Hello @Philipp

First of all, thank you for this great service! Trying it out today as a demo platform for a new module I'm getting close to releasing.

I'm having some trouble logging in using ftp. I'm pretty sure the credentials I'm using are correct but I keep getting '530 Login Incorrect' errors when I try connecting using gFTP.  Are there some limitations on the daemon's ability to accept non-ascii characters in passwords? Login with the same password to the admin interface is just fine.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

It is working for me here at the moment. To be sure, I've restarted the service again.

As said before, the FTP service is super fragile and keeps crashing alot. We're restarting it every 60 minutes so that might have fixed your problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi Phillipp,

I just started to use this tool again, but I can't seem to login in a freshly created new site with the blank profile. When loggin in I get:

float(4.1000000000069E-5) float(6.4000000000064E-5) float(0.0012810000000001) float(0.0012920000000001) float(0.026929) float(0.026978) array(2) { ["status"]=> string(3) "500" ["error"]=> string(21) "Internal Server Error" } int(4)

The front-end seems to work fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just going to try this out to setup a test case for a couple core edge-case bugs I want to submit patches for, but I wasn't able to create a site with a new profile, and now even the home page is throwing a 500 error.

Hope it comes back up soon - it's a great service for cases just like this.

• 2 weeks later...

FTP should be running and it is scheduled to restart frequently. 

The problem with accessing images is a problem with ProcessWire itself. When the creation process fails, the image file is created but not accessible. This can happen, even when you fix your old image code. Try removing the files manually and then recreate them.

I will try the recreation.

But could you please explain a little bit more specific how you recognized that the creation process failed? Because I don't see any evidence (except that I can't access the image variations). Or in other words: What steps are (or should be) bound to the creation process? As far as I know an image variation is created when the image file is in the right folder and has the right name. I never tried it out but I thought that it would also be possible to just put that file via FTP at the right folder and voilà. This, of course, only counts for image variations not the image itself.

I still can't find out what exactly the error is:

Locally (PW 2.5, I don't know the excat version number, where can I find this?) it runs absolutely fine.

On Lightning the image variations are created* but when I want to access them via http I get the 403. This really only happens on Lightning (not locally and not on my web hoster). Therefore I it is hard for me to believe that this is a PW error.

I also read throught the link you posted and couldn't totally relate my problem to yours (except the 403 of course). Your problem was about handling inpropper parameters. Mine is only about the 403 because the php itself runs smoothly, at least that's what I asume because there are no messages in the error log nor is the image variation in any way not as I expect it to be.

*After I downloaded them via FTP I can say that the image creation process was completed because the images where as I expected them to be.

*After I downloaded them via FTP I can say that the image creation process was completed because the images where as I expected them to be.

Can you please check the access rights via FTP? If the PHP script has crashed, it might be not accessible for everyone but your user.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...